Cultivated Reef

Best Ghetto DIY jobs around

metrokat

Lol. How do your guys' wives let you get away with this stuff in their living rooms/kitchens?

Shoes. I buy her shoes.

• Like 3
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TeflonTomDosh
Lol. How do your guys' wives let you get away with this stuff in their living rooms/kitchens?
I let mine sleep with other doods.

No pics but I will ad that all of my LED lights hang or are attached to metal conduit or something, which does look nice. What you dont see is the conduit is gorilla taped to the back of the aquarium. Ha!

For instance, the wooden legs on this pic are gorilla taped, have been for 6 months now. Still solid as a rock. My cat has even jumped on the light to go fishing.

post-56833-0-19789800-1359479977_thumb.jpg

Because most of these are temp fixes. Others... well there's shoes, vodka, and empty promises that it will get made to look nice.

• Like 2

jeesh i dont recall doing anything 'ghetto' at all.. my word some of this looks crazy. I may have made some silly purchases in regards to equipment.. but never along the lines of fabricating awesome out of poop

• Like 1

jeesh i dont recall doing anything 'ghetto' at all.. my word some of this looks crazy. I may have made some silly purchases in regards to equipment.. but never along the lines of fabricating awesome out of poop

Well there is always time to give it a try. :D

• Like 1

It may not look to ghetto at first glance. Trust me if you opened up that pvc coupler and looked it is another story. It works decently well though. MJ style mod on an non MJ power head. Trying to get rid of my cyano problems.

IMGP2129_zps3927bb23.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Kat. Hard to believe but there were actually critters in the first 'fuge before I took it down. The second grows chaeto well enough.

^^^^^ that looks crazzzz! Cyno whats that got to do with maxijet pump.

I am convienced it is a flow issue. So I built a circulation pump and have it pointed in the direction of the patch that refuses to leave.

Herp that is both amazing, and terrifying. If it works and is hidden I suppose it is a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

Thanks Kat. Hard to believe but there were actually critters in the first 'fuge before I took it down. The second grows chaeto well enough.

I just want to be clear that was an "ugh" type of "wow" :huh:

:flower:

:lol:

it's amazing what DIY things can do, is that a jelly fish or limpet , that orange thingee on the chaeto

Ya that is pretty terrible Herp. haha

Definitely cringeworthy. :blink::lol:

Herp that is both amazing, and terrifying. If it works and is hidden I suppose it is a thing of beauty.

Haha, thanks. Not one of my better ideas. :P Yes, it did work somewhat. I like the second one a lot better.

I just want to be clear that was an "ugh" type of "wow" :huh:

:flower:

:lol:

it's amazing what DIY things can do, is that a jelly fish or limpet , that orange thingee on the chaeto

Yep. That's why I said "ugh" too. :D Quite embarrassing really.

That was a hitchhiker plate coral. Gave it away some time ago.

:bowdown:

The razor blade I get. What are the fork, spoon and back scratcher thing for? :huh:

Gonna bet the scratcher is a sponge for glass andpipes.

The fork is for light stirring of the sand bed. The spoon on the other end is for scooping things out or for righting my hermits when they fall on their backs from time to time. The stick with the sponge on the end is for cleaning the curved corners in the front of the tank. I'm planning on making a very small frag rack too.

Archived