Top Shelf Aquatics

Best Ghetto DIY jobs around

metrokat

oooh, me wants precious. I mean prizes, moar internets points!

What crazy straw? What blue section?

There is a small bit of crazy straw in two places on that pump. I use them as rigid air-line when I am building things.

You cannot have the precious! IT'S MINE I FOUND IT! IT CAME TO ME! er I mean you can't have prizes untill you make a guess.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We must have the precious, give it to us!

I don't see any crazy straw, much less two of the,. What is a crazy straw?

Well you can't have the points now. I am not trying to rob you. I am trying to help you.

Do a google search for crazy straws. They are those hard straws you get when your a little kid, or in my case a grownup that isn't normal. :happy:

Since you have no guess. I am useing the air pump to pump water directly to the tank from my gallon jug on the floor. B) One staw is hooked it the diaphargm inlet side of the air pump's internal check valves and then the tubeing runs down to the floor into the jug. The other staw is a water drain in case the silicone I applied to seal the diaphragm base ever does fail and starts to leak. I tried pumping water with out the silicone a few times just to get an idea how bad it leaked. Which was actually not that much all things considering.

Essentially its an Aqualifter style pump running an ATO system that cost me a whopping 2$.

I figured I couldn't break a pump that was already down part a leg. It was by far the loudest most annoying air pump I had ever had. I am glad it was free, I would have been upset if I had bought one of these new and it was that loud. Ironic thing is it is quiter when it is pumping water.

i am beyond impressed! Some of these folks should become engineers.. :) With all the talent and improv.. they could make a top secret jet or something out of household goods

Well, there's a gang box turned into a fuge light, a plastic grid from hobby lobby turned into a cheato filter, a plastic tub being used as a sump, and the main light is held up by conduit. I guess I do ghetto up right, lol.

i am beyond impressed! Some of these folks should become engineers.. :) With all the talent and improv.. they could make a top secret jet or something out of household goods

Funny you should mention that. Growing up I wanted to be a structral engineer. And I start class on jet engine basics and rebuilding jet engines next month..... :lol:

You should have seen my 10g tank last year. Wood board to prop up the lights and nother to provide some shade. Rubber bands held the heater and mangroves in place in the back of the tank. The stand was a desk with a towel draped across the front to block the view of the tank stuff underneath.

But no pics. Lost them in a computer wipe/crash. :(

I love this thread xD The velcro + mesh lid looks awesome!

I think Zeph's rock and the cardboard box to block light are winners so far

I wish I had a picture of my old 55g canopy, a horrible VHO retrofit and later the worst splash guard ever

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My state of the art flow controll to the home built GFO reactor. Keeps it perfectly moveing, and it is easy to adjust. :D I was going to replace it with a valve, but I really think this is going to stay I like it.
IMGP2058_zps2804b8ca.jpg

My getto led/heat lamp holder for geckos

B243FCF8-7646-4D5A-8668-8311D3021596-961

My nanos "canopy"

23E2C450-9718-493D-B9F2-872EA3A05009-961

It was just peices of a card board box taped directly to my hanging 4bulb t5 haha

I've realized my ways and now don't do getto... As much ive started doing clean work check out my giant bio pellet reactor build for proof lol

• 3 weeks later...

600$ of lighting held up by 2x4s and buckets...

:puke:

lol. It is temporary. My permanent mount is at powder coating until tomorrow. And since I just settled a massive car accident lawsuit I'll risk it. :D haha

This is the mount getting Powder Coated Black.

IMG_0949.jpg

lol. It is temporary. My permanent mount is at powder coating until tomorrow. And since I just settled a massive car accident lawsuit I'll risk it. :D haha

This is the mount getting Powder Coated Black.

IMG_0949.jpg

Hehehe, I've got my own temp items in this thread. The mount looks good. Powder coating back I assume?

Hehehe, I've got my own temp items in this thread. The mount looks good. Powder coating back I assume?

I think. haha. It is my buddies shop. So I told him a black or charcoal or something. I want it a hammered finish. He does it for free so it is whatever he is shooting that is dark. Probably black or gunmetal. Either way he won't give it back if it doesn't look amazing.

Archived