Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mark's Nanobox Powered 40B -retired-

markalot

1 hour ago, vlangel said:

Ha ha, who knows.  It seems like stuff is growing well.  I never could get the red shrooms with blue dots to compete either.

28 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Tank looks awesome. Always enjoy your updates.

Thanks Dawn and Deb.  :)  

18 minutes ago, slowngreen said:

Such an ugly  tank, why would you ever want one to be that healthy? :P

I know, right.  :)  If I was dosing everything would be growing twice as fast, more maintenance, more trimming, more work. 

• Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mariaface said:

CONGRATS!! omgomgomg

So deserved. My goodness.

1 hour ago, Polarcollision said:

Never been so happy to see such a well deserved TOTM. Congrats!

Thanks for the kind words!  :)

So I spent 2 days trying to get fish pics and failing, except for Mr Sexy who can't get enough camera time.  Here's one we decided not to use.

OEifVaN.jpg

• Like 9
15 hours ago, sprite said:

Congrats Mark! ?

Thanks Sprite!

14 hours ago, Lalani said:

Fantastic tank, congrats! I'm thinking about upgrading to a 40br again. :unsure:

Thanks Lalani!  I kind of like your 20 long algae forest, but would love to see you do a 40B again.

A few more pics.

TCtxdM2.jpg

vOGlUPH.jpg

30PeHK5.jpg

NKsyfUg.jpg

fjPabhQ.jpg

bEd6uc6.jpg

I sat the camera in front of the tank on a tripod for two days and he refused to get used to it or give me at least one decent shot.  

ihvllXL.jpg

X08wGj4.jpg

kocprfX.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 2

Very nice tank!!! Looks AWESOME.. so it says something about a nano box in your post.. did you grow all these corals out with a nano box or were you using t5s??

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Congrats on TOTM!  Those blastos are killer!!!

Thanks, yea I love blastos!

7 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Very nice tank!!! Looks AWESOME.. so it says something about a nano box in your post.. did you grow all these corals out with a nano box or were you using t5s??

Thanks!  I've had some of these corals for over 4 years so a variety of lighting but in the last 2 years these have been all LED, I added the supplemental T5 strip 6 months ago.  Check out Dave's thread for what can be done with just LED.   

1 minute ago, markalot said:

Thanks, yea I love blastos!

Thanks!  I've had some of these corals for over 4 years so a variety of lighting but in the last 2 years these have been all LED, I added the supplemental T5 strip 6 months ago.  Check out Dave's thread for what can be done with just LED.   

Yea I actually bought a duo.. I have only had it a few months.. I was wondering if you might be willing to share your bluefish settings:).... not all of them unless you don't mind .. I'm mostly curious about your midday color level/ intensity...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Weikel said:

Yea I actually bought a duo.. I have only had it a few months.. I was wondering if you might be willing to share your bluefish settings:).... not all of them unless you don't mind .. I'm mostly curious about your midday color level/ intensity...

Blue and Cyan channels: on at 10am, full between 12PM and 8PM, off at 10:30PM

Violet: on at 10am, 50% between 12PM and 8PM, off at 10:30PM

Lime: On at 11:30, 50% between 12PM and 8PM, off at 9PM

White: same schedule as Lime but peaks at 15%.

While the spectrum and schedule is important (keep whites turned low), it's more important to set it and leave it alone.  :)