Top Shelf Aquatics

Few days off so 2.5 is born

glazer

the thread that will never die...........

Mrs. Glazer..... Waddaaaa KNOW ! WHOOoooo ya responding to nowwwww? ? ?

I took my 2.5 down. I have to re-set it up this month too much going on to worry about my salinity on the 2.5.... Must be nice Glazer..... one tank and after doing a years worth of waterchanges, yer still working on the same bag O' salt LOL

ttyl.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These 2.5's have finnally grasped my attention, great stuff glazer. I want one for my bedroom, my question is.. has anyone seen these bookworms in canada? I've seen other types, but they are not inside small cases like bookworms....

Hi, I'm new to this and I've read through your whole thread over your magnificant 2.5 gallon. I know the basic of it like the LR and LS but I was wondering if you can do a step by step thing with me haha.. So pretend I have a 2.5 gallon and i guess i could try to make the base and hood from the specs. you gave. I see that you have the heater in the tank so I can do that also, then there's the whole lighting and I got a lot of reading from that too haha.. but the whole water part kind of confuses me. You have the AquaClear mini HOB, and I guess you can find that at the LFS, but is it with or without the fiter? I'm suspecting that its without because you just put a few carbon rocks in there. Also could you put what Physh1 makes on there? I don't remember what you said, because you don't like the whole plumbing of it?? I don't remember, its like the top off for it, and that I don't really understand too. Also can you help me on something too..what's a sump and fuge? I've always wondering as of what it is and I guess you really don't need one because of the size of your tank.

Sorry if i sound like non-sense i get that a lot, but thanks :)

Ok I will help ya out. A fuge is a small "tank" that is built to encourage pod growth and macroalgae growth. A sump, is a tank to hold a skimmer, heater, or what ever you want in it.

I know this is a salt water forum, but as for lighting, I had problems with my 5.5 gallon planted. While walking in Home-Depot one day it hit me, Self Ballast Flourescent Bulbs, the spiral kind that last 10 years. I got two 19 watt ones, and now I have just under 7 watts a gallon on an incandescent fixture. At my local store, they have 27 watt ones too, so you get the idea!

• 7 months later...

Glazer,

I had been following this thread for awhile, but go side tracked the last couple of months. Would you please give me an update on your 2.5? I just started a 2.5 project and I'm quite interested in how you tank has developed.

Hi Glazer!

Cool trick with the lighting.

Personally i'd lose the thermometer.. (they must sell that make everywhere, i have one just like it.)

Well done!

PS. the 9/11 thing deeply affected us here downunder also!

In Memory!

Hey Glazer!

What's the big idea? My name is MPLS_Gazer and I have a 2.5 . Now I gotta deal with a Glazer with a 2.5? WTF! :D

Good looking tank and stand. I'll post my pics once it's worth looking at.

Peace,

MPLS_Gazer

PS sometimes however my eyes are glazed over. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
OxInYourBox

This thread will never die. Long live Glazer. :)

Bickmade-Do a search for Book worm or bookworm. It will give you all the info you need.

Originally posted by OxInYourBox

This thread will never die.  Long live Glazer. :)

Bickmade-Do a search for Book worm or bookworm.  It will give you all the info you need.

Yea, google didnt help me at all neither did home depot.com but ill find it someway or another. I talked to a guy at my LFS and he shot me down and said a 2.5 is hard to take care of and is expensive. I did want to listen to him so Imma get a tank tonite (maybe). But is it really that hard. I seem to be doing fine with my 7 AGA. I'm just concerned about the lighting for the 2.5

Hey,

I just purchased a book worm last month. It was a little pricey though (if I recall correctly it was $25ish). To find it, I did a froogle search ( book worm light) and found a couple of different on-line vendors that were offering them.

Here are a couple of sites that offer them at a hefty price tag.

http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/productad...&source=froogle

http://www.hometownstores.com/detail.aspx?...60&Affiliate=10

-Chris

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

I'm just curious to know whether I should try to start a smaller nano. (2.5 to 3 gallons). The problem is, I haven't ever done my own nano, I've only shared a ten gallon with him. He's the one who knows about all the pH and temp and what can survive where. But I'M LEARNING SO DON'T DUMP ON ME YET! I was actually just a spectator to this nano before he started talking to me about it. I started checking this site out and WHAM! I'm hooked. I've been bitten by the Nano-bug. The reason I want to start a smaller nano is because I'm short on cash. I need all I can spare for my band. I hear that it IS cheaper if you get a smaller nano, which makes sense, but I have also heard that they're really hard to take care of. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

P.S. If any of you would like to educate me on the way of the nano, Just send me a few pics of important corals and fish and such. Tell me the living conditions and what not. I'm eager to learn. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Wow, what a great set-up! Is this tank still running?

I'm in the process of building a hood for my 10gal tank. I was feeling good about how it was all going but now I just feel depressed having seen professional job done here. Ahhh, mine's going to look so naff in comparison. Shucks! :D

What a great, great job Glazer.

Regards

Ann

i just finished building a hood for a 2.5g i just started, out of oak it turned out nice. ill post some pics soon. i put 2 coral life screw in 20w mini compacts in it. its pretty bright and so far no problems with heat.

Archived