Cultivated Reef

Clayton's ADA 60F LPS Dominant Reef

ClaytonG

I would not agree with Pcshom's review on the glass clarity. Mine has no green tint maybe I am blind or they changed it since he bought his. I have owned a Perfecto now that is GREEN glass. The overflow is noisey because the piece of PvC between the bulkhead and the durso is short making the water drop into the overflow. I fixed this with a longer piece of pvc rasing the overflow water height. Is this tank a Reef Savvy tank? NO but I am happy with it and I have owned Elos. This tank from reef savvy would be 900-1200 shipped. No need to settle down I was never worked up :)

Yeah, when I put my 75 across from my ADA I was like... damn it. I had the option for starphire, but I didn't know at the time that it would be that big of a difference. Noobie mistake, that was so long ago.

I know they won't be comparable (reef savvy and deep blue). Once I get their estimate I'll decide. I know I'm about to have a few decent size checks coming in with nothing to spend it on, so... Oh and I have no idea how long reef savvy would take. I'm leaving in April, so I want everything good to go before then. Otherwise it beats the purpose of what I'm doing.

Oh and I didn't catch it earlier. I use a canister which is way worse than a HOB. I would change it but figure I might as well leave it with how much I paid for it. Plus the HOB is even more unsightly than the algae covered lily pipes.

Lol If the price is to high, I'll ask if they have a military discount fingerscrossed

Yeah, but regardless, I would go reefsavvy in a heartbeat if I was in florida. Check out this lady's reefsavvy. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/315094-reef-savvy-50/

I would get black silicone though, looks more attractive. In my opinion, I think reefsavvy's craftsmanship is better than Elos and possibly ada. Silicone alignment wise.

Yeah, I've stalked that tank already lol.

I really like the clear silicone because, if done right, It's not even noticeable. I don't really notice the silicone on the ADA.

• Like 1
  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Lol. The reason why you can barely notice the silicone on the ada is because they barely used any....

Reefsavvy uses thick silicone so it shows more exposure.

I would not agree with Pcshom's review on the glass clarity. Mine has no green tint maybe I am blind or they changed it since he bought his. I have owned a Perfecto now that is GREEN glass. The overflow is noisey because the piece of PvC between the bulkhead and the durso is short making the water drop into the overflow. I fixed this with a longer piece of pvc rasing the overflow water height. Is this tank a Reef Savvy tank? NO but I am happy with it and I have owned Elos. This tank from reef savvy would be 900-1200 shipped. No need to settle down I was never worked up :)

How much do you think they would charge to make the stand to? If it goes over $1000 for this one, I might have to reconsider getting them to make my big build lol. I'm not spending more than 3,500 on the tank (~350 gallons) no matter how it looks.

omgomgomg

Lololol What?? A free yellow tang? llol.

Did you end up getting the quote from Reef Savvy yet?

Gotcha lol. Photoshop for the win lol, but I do have some nice frags coming lol.

Still waiting on reef savvy. I'm really hooping their price isn't too bad. To go for the Deep Blue I'll have to spend around $740 for the tank and stand. Which is putting me close to the ballpark figures of reef savvy. Hopefully they'll get back to me this week.

• Like 1

Yeah, they should be able to, you sent them a price quote throught their website right?

Yeah I sent it through their website, but it said 5-7 business days so that could be next monday. If I don't get something on Friday, I'll just call and request a quote.

• Like 1

I hope they give you a great price!! I really want to see what you can do with a reef savvy ness.

Yeah. I'm getting really impatient so I think I'm going to call tomorrow. I put in for an extra active duty period in March so I'll have some spare cash laying around to buy the equipment for it.

• Like 1

I also had a chat with my LFS and they'll put my kessil on consignment so that I can upgrade to an A350W. Otherwise I'll just post it on here and do the same thing.

Have you heard anything about their lead times?

Deleted User 4

I also had a chat with my LFS and they'll put my kessil on consignment so that I can upgrade to an A350W. Otherwise I'll just post it on here and do the same thing.

Have you heard anything about their lead times?

Nope. lol.

The tank came out to be $530 (3 sides low iron, rimless, hybrid overflow, black silicon, smoked glass back wall), now just waiting to here what the price for freight and the stand will be.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

Wait.....what were the dimensions you've requested?? I remember them telling me $200-250 for a cube tank around (18 x18)...so yeah your request must be at least twice the bigger.

Oh, but I think I requested regular glass back then....haha nevermind.

24x24x12. I know that the hybrid overflow probably cost me extra too. It's the same features I want on my large tank so his will give me an idea of wht to expect. Still waiting on the carpenter quote and the shipping quote. If hopping is more than $200 I'm just going to drive down and get it. Hopefully the stand won be more than $400. I really want to keep this under $1000. Whenever I get the other quotes I'm going to see how much I have to put down to get it started and how long it's going to take. It would really suck if it wouldn't be done until late April when I leave.

• Like 1

AHHHHHHH!!!!! I had a Rainbow open brain coral almost exactly like yours! but mines slowly withered away cause somehow some sand got stuck inside 2 of it's mouths :(

amazing tank though :D

Wow, that stand by reef savvy looks flawless. Way better than marineland's stand.

They make a traditional stand as well that looks almost exactly the same as the marinland, but it just has a better build quality and they use more doors.

AHHHHHHH!!!!! I had a Rainbow open brain coral almost exactly like yours! but mines slowly withered away cause somehow some sand got stuck inside 2 of it's mouths :(

amazing tank though :D

Thanks! I got lucky when I first entered the hobby and one of my LFS was selling it for $75, but it wasn't as colorful due to their lighting. Ever since I've been trying to find a wellso that I liked more and they're always in the $200+ range.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

IIX all your AI promotions have made me take another look at the vega instead of the kessil A350... Too many options.

Lololol, sorry for all that ai commotion ahha. I'm just really glad I gave ai a try on purchasing the ai nano sol. My plan is to get another ai nano sol for the next tank as well.

Vega is nice dude, but pretty pricey. But, again, I'm sure you'll like it. Looks really sleek and modular.

I highly suggest you going ai vega/ ai sol/ ecotech radions for the reef savvy tank.. just because it's reef savvy.

Archived