Coral Vue Hydros

Schreiba's 83g Miracles Rimless [40x24x20]

teamschreiba

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How often are you feeding your anthias? From what I read, they seem to require 5 feedings a day along with an overhang/caves if you're using high levels of light.

I've thought about getting a trio for my 75 gallon build but only if I can somehow ween them on to pellets so I can use an autofeeder.

jedimasterben

How often are you feeding your anthias? From what I read, they seem to require 5 feedings a day along with an overhang/caves if you're using high levels of light.

I've thought about getting a trio for my 75 gallon build but only if I can somehow ween them on to pellets so I can use an autofeeder.

Mine all get fed roughly three times daily, sometimes two and sometimes five, depends on how long I'm home. I don't ever see them hanging out in overhangs or anything, they're out in the light 100% of the time. They 'rest' a lot, just sitting on the bottom or on a rock, but then get right back up and start swimming again.

teamschreiba

DAMNIT! now I need new pants!

:lol:

Tank is looking awesome dude!The new angel looks amazing

Thanks mpsti!

WOW! Love this!

Thanks blair!

I've been feeding the anthias at different rates depending on when I'm home. I always try and throw some pellets in when I get home from work and then I've been feeding rod's food at night but I try and do it over the course of a few hours. These anthias will eat just about anything that goes in the tank too smile.gif

My anthias are weird about the lights. The halides and VHO's don't bother them at all but they don't seem to like the LEDs. They'll hide occasionally but most of the time they're out in the water column waiting to fed. I've considered getting an automatic feeder so they can get food more often but I would need to find a way to secure it into the floating canopy.

Mine all get fed roughly three times daily, sometimes two and sometimes five, depends on how long I'm home. I don't ever see them hanging out in overhangs or anything, they're out in the light 100% of the time. They 'rest' a lot, just sitting on the bottom or on a rock, but then get right back up and start swimming again.

Mine so that sometimes too but they're never perched for very long.

I'm sure some high strength velcro will be fine. I like the rotating dial version since you can precisely control the amount of food.

teamschreiba

I'm sure some high strength velcro will be fine. I like the rotating dial version since you can precisely control the amount of food.

Could work, I was thinking it would be a problem if it fell right into the tank but I have a screen top so that would actually catch it. Hopefully I'll pick one up this weekend.

teamschreiba

See anything good at stores lately? Heading out to manassas tomorrow morning to pick up a few pieces from a guy.

I've bought a few things at Blue Ribbon Koi and Marine Scene recently (I think they're having a coral sale this weekend too). All my fish have come from Marine Scene although I'm not sure if you're in the market for any fish.

• 4 weeks later...
Drift Monkey

Whoa, talk about upscaling. A 60-F to this monster? Crazy...looks great man. You must not be broke anymore (unlike myself :haha:).

Keep it up! I'll be following along with this one for sure!

teamschreiba

Whoa, talk about upscaling. A 60-F to this monster? Crazy...looks great man. You must not be broke anymore (unlike myself :haha:).

Keep it up! I'll be following along with this one for sure!

Thanks man! And yeah having a job definitely helps :P

I think it's time for new photos :D I need something to drool over.

Same here! Need new pics

Ask and you shall receive :happy:

8655723017_2ec6b7c5f7_c.jpg

Wow tank looks top notch! i just picked up a 57 gallon rimless and hope it turns out half as decent as yours. also love the canopy !

teamschreiba

Wow tank looks top notch! i just picked up a 57 gallon rimless and hope it turns out half as decent as yours. also love the canopy !

Thanks flame, I really appreciate it! Did you get the deep blue tank?

Did u ever pic up an auto feeder? Interested to hear if there r any good, reliable ones on the market

Yeah I did and installed it into the canopy. It's been working really well so far, I need more fish though because even the smallest opening dumps a lot of pellets :P

Kfmmartin19

Yeah I did and installed it into the canopy. It's been working really well so far, I need more fish though because even the smallest opening dumps a lot of pellets :P

Sweet, which one did u get?

Yep, got the deep blue. just in the middle of building a stand for it now and trying to gather all of the parts/plumbing for the sump

teamschreiba

Close-up shot of the canopy and shot of my messy sump for those who have asked (skimmer is off because I just cleaned it) :P

8689536259_297db1ab1f_c.jpg

8690655860_74750d0d58_c.jpg
One of these days I will clean up the wires a little better.
polarblair2000

I was hoping I could get some advice or your Anthias? Up until recently I was under the impression that Anthias were better kept either singularly or in large groups in a huge tank. I see you have three in a tank a little larger than mine and have seen others do the same.

What has your experience been so far of keeping the trio? How often are you feeding? I love your Anthias, they look fantastic, Bartlett's correct? - Sorry if you have already mentioned this before.

teamschreiba

looks awesome man. cant wait for more :D

Thanks Jr! I got my arm in the tank this weekend and really scraped by the sand so I should take an FTS ;)

I was hoping I could get some advice or your Anthias? Up until recently I was under the impression that Anthias were better kept either singularly or in large groups in a huge tank. I see you have three in a tank a little larger than mine and have seen others do the same.

What has your experience been so far of keeping the trio? How often are you feeding? I love your Anthias, they look fantastic, Bartlett's correct? - Sorry if you have already mentioned this before.

I have had a great experience so far. I bought an eheim autofeeder because I had the same concerns as you. It's set to feed pellets twice a day and then I feed frozen rods food every day usually over the course of 1-2 hours.

Yes they are Bartlett's and I actually have 4 of them now! The key I think is to get them in very different sizes. I'll try and take some pictures to show you what I mean.

Archived