Schreiba's 83g Miracles Rimless [40x24x20]

teamschreiba

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba

Here ya go!

8534616033_44cc94ac66_c.jpg

I know the frag rack is ugly and kind of ruins the shot but I need it for now while I'm deciding exactly where to glue down corals. The LEDs aren't on in this shot either hence the reason the ends of the tank still seem dark. I still need to get the dimming part on the apex working because the anthias freak out when the LEDs turn on and when they're at 100% it's not really the color I'm looking for. Let me know what you think!

I think color looks great. I would have to judge with closer pictures ... :P Tank looks amazing! Frag rack and all! Can't wait to see it grow :)

teamschreiba

I think color looks great. I would have to judge with closer pictures ... :P Tank looks amazing! Frag rack and all! Can't wait to see it grow :)

Thanks! And yeah I'm used to taking FTS of my ADA so I need to adjust and get a little closer with this one :P

Thanks! And yeah I'm used to taking FTS of my ADA so I need to adjust and get a little closer with this one :P

I hear ya. I dread when i have to take pictures of a moving fish. My first experience was at the Osaka Aquarium, and lets just say out of 2000 shots, maybe one or two turned out :closedeyes:

teamschreiba

I hear ya. I dread when i have to take pictures of a moving fish. My first experience was at the Osaka Aquarium, and lets just say out of 2000 shots, maybe one or two turned out :closedeyes:

Yeah fish are really tricky. Definitely takes a lotttt of shots to get one good one. It helps when you have bright lights though because you can really up the shutter speed.

teamschreiba

WOW! I love it. :happy:

Is there any reason you went with vho's over t-5's for supplements?

Thanks Jacob! I did a bunch of research into SPS tanks with the best color/growth/just ones I liked the best and a lot of them seemed to have vho's. It does give off a different look than t5's I will say but we'll have to see how the SPS react to them.

Love. Sweet love.

:happy:

here fishy fishy

I am planning on ordering a custom miracles within the next couple months. Are you happy with the tank? We're you happy with customer service? So far I've had great communication from them regarding the details on mine and their quality is supposed to be crazy good.

here fishy fishy

So I really like this clean look with less rock. Do you have live rock in a fuge to make up for it? Does it affect filtration to not have the TONS of live rock everyone says is required?

Here ya go!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31749011@N07/8534616033/'>8534616033_44cc94ac66_c.jpg

I know the frag rack is ugly and kind of ruins the shot but I need it for now while I'm deciding exactly where to glue down corals. The LEDs aren't on in this shot either hence the reason the ends of the tank still seem dark. I still need to get the dimming part on the apex working because the anthias freak out when the LEDs turn on and when they're at 100% it's not really the color I'm looking for. Let me know what you think!

jedimasterben

So I really like this clean look with less rock. Do you have live rock in a fuge to make up for it? Does it affect filtration to not have the TONS of live rock everyone says is required?

Live rock is in no way required for filtration.

teamschreiba

when supplementing, nothing beats VHO. their actinic is the best by far

I've definitely been noticing that.

That tank looks gorgeous!

Thanks!

I am planning on ordering a custom miracles within the next couple months. Are you happy with the tank? We're you happy with customer service? So far I've had great communication from them regarding the details on mine and their quality is supposed to be crazy good.

I had only great experiences with the Miracles staff and great build quality. I highly recommend them!

Live rock is in no way required for filtration.

I have a few good sized pieces of live rock in the fuge. The key with less live rock is to add fish more slowly to give the bacteria population a chance to keep up with the bioload. I like to use a combination of mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration in my tanks.

here fishy fishy
I've definitely been noticing that.

Thanks!

I had only great experiences with the Miracles staff and great build quality. I highly recommend them!

I have a few good sized pieces of live rock in the fuge. The key with less live rock is to add fish more slowly to give the bacteria population a chance to keep up with the bioload. I like to use a combination of mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration in my tanks.

Thanks for the input! I was thinking if I do less rock in the tank I will do more in the fuge, so I'm glad that is working for you. I too use mechanical, bio, and chem filtration and it has worked great for me for years. I plan on sticking with this for my new set up and am in the process of designing my sump (40 breeder) to accommodate everything. It will be in the basement and my goal for this tank is a very clean look.

teamschreiba

Thanks for the input! I was thinking if I do less rock in the tank I will do more in the fuge, so I'm glad that is working for you. I too use mechanical, bio, and chem filtration and it has worked great for me for years. I plan on sticking with this for my new set up and am in the process of designing my sump (40 breeder) to accommodate everything. It will be in the basement and my goal for this tank is a very clean look.

That sounds like a great plan! Looking forward to seeing it setup.

polarblair2000

Here ya go!

8534616033_44cc94ac66_c.jpg

First of Wow! This looks amazing.

Secondly, what is the fish in the bottom left corner of the tank, I cant really make it out and cant see from your earlier posts any mention of any other fish other than the three Anthias. If so what kind is it?

teamschreiba

First of Wow! This looks amazing.

Secondly, what is the fish in the bottom left corner of the tank, I cant really make it out and cant see from your earlier posts any mention of any other fish other than the three Anthias. If so what kind is it?

Thanks polarblair! And good catch! I love to post FTS with new fish and see who catches them ;) She's a swallowtail angelfish I picked up about a month ago and she's been doing great. I know I'm pushing it a little in a 83g tank but I know she won't be in the tank forever.

8569365569_915bd807dc_z.jpg

Nice tank schreiba. Glad someone else other than myself likes the minimal rock open scape look

Thanks Deckoz! That's my goal with this tank as well as to try and have no corals in the sandbed.

polarblair2000

Thanks polarblair! And good catch! I love to post FTS with new fish and see who catches them ;) She's a swallowtail angelfish I picked up about a month ago and she's been doing great. I know I'm pushing it a little in a 83g tank but I know she won't be in the tank forever.

8569365569_915bd807dc_z.jpg

I knew it! The angel looks stunning, don't know much about Angela as most are deemed not reef safe, has your been nipping at your corals at all?

I think my prize for spotting the new fish should be more pics of your tank ;)

jedimasterben

I knew it! The angel looks stunning, don't know much about Angela as most are deemed not reef safe, has your been nipping at your corals at all?

It is a Genicanthus spp. angel, so it's good.

polarblair2000

Thanks for the info. I found this article on the genus at reefkeeping.com

Shame they grow to about 9" as I would love to get one for my 75 gallon. I will just look at photos of yours instead :)

Do you plan to get any more fish?

teamschreiba

Here ya go! :P

8569364689_7446acbfea_z.jpg

Nailed it.

Thanks for the info. I found this article on the genus at reefkeeping.com

Shame they grow to about 9" as I would love to get one for my 75 gallon. I will just look at photos of yours instead :)

Do you plan to get any more fish?

And yeah that's why I said I know she won't be able to stay in my tank forever. She's relatively small now though so hopefully she can be in my tank for awhile. And yes I do, I just plan on adding fish slowly to try and avoid mini-cycles. Right now I'm considering adding either a mystery wrasse, trio of fairy wrasse, trio of McCoskers flasher wrasse, or trio of apogon leptacanthus (blue eyed cardinalfish). I've read mystery wrasse can be aggressive so I'll have to do more research before I make a decision.

Archived