Pod Your Reef

My Atlantis - Wild & Woolly May 2015 Pictures!

eitallent

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the new pictures. Those sea whips have great coloring..so vibrant!!!!

Ocelot has such pretty eyes :)

TY! They really are neat. I am so grateful that some portions survived the transition into my tank. I hope they stay happy.

He is so big and macho, in a sweet, adorable way! I love to grab his face and he tolerates me in exchange for ear scratching. :happy:

They are cool. These are NPS right? Do you think you'll be able to feed them what they need?

She should be ok. From what I've read they need particulate food like 3 or 4 times a week. I wonder if the baby brine count? If so, she's got that covered :) Reef chili is good which is basically the same stuff that John from Reef Cleaners sells as his filter feeding food. I compared them and they look and smell exactly the same. I didn't taste it though :lol:

She should be ok. From what I've read they need particulate food like 3 or 4 times a week. I wonder if the baby brine count? If so, she's got that covered :) Reef chili is good which is basically the same stuff that John from Reef Cleaners sells as his filter feeding food. I compared them and they look and smell exactly the same. I didn't taste it though :lol:

Yes according to the literature on care for NPS gorgs they eat baby brine shrimp. I also feed Oyster Feast, which every softie seems to respons to as well as MicroVert. I see a lot more little feather worm in the tanks since starting on the small foods. :happy:

The Duncan family have started peeking out since the remodel!

2013-03-16_11-47-11_408_zpsf9793ac7.jpg

2013-03-16_11-47-31_139_zps3b709f9d.jpg

Can't beat that color change. I'm happy about that.

I am happy about that too. :) The Xenia seem a little unhappy; either at the light or the flow difference since I rearranged the rocks. Hopefully they will get over it. I see a bunch of babies still sprouting around the edges but they just do not pulse any more. IDK?

Also, since Karloff died I have done three small water changes to get ahead of any ammonia or other pollutants but I still got a small diatom bloom. Hopefully that is as far as the effects will get. I am also seeing tiny, barely visible green bubble algae sprinkled across some live rock. Ozzie the Emerald crab is asleep on the job! I have not seen him in over a week so IDK if he is still alive. :( I may get him a buddy because they really do a good job on that nuisance algae!

Any idea why the pep died?

It looked like he was molting on the last day I saw him. His tail was opaque not translucent and he could not move it well. His legs all moved and he could still bob around the tank paddling his legs like mad. He was eating like a pig as was normal for him up until that point. He hid himself that night and was never seen again!

Poor Karloff!

I am happy about that too. :) The Xenia seem a little unhappy; either at the light or the flow difference since I rearranged the rocks. Hopefully they will get over it. I see a bunch of babies still sprouting around the edges but they just do not pulse any more. IDK?

Also, since Karloff died I have done three small water changes to get ahead of any ammonia or other pollutants but I still got a small diatom bloom. Hopefully that is as far as the effects will get. I am also seeing tiny, barely visible green bubble algae sprinkled across some live rock. Ozzie the Emerald crab is asleep on the job! I have not seen him in over a week so IDK if he is still alive. :( I may get him a buddy because they really do a good job on that nuisance algae!

I was just noticing today that the bubble algae in my tank is finally going away. Sure enough, I found "Jade" my emerald crab munching on a bubble. Haven't seen "Ruby" the red mithrax, at it yet though. She takes care of the other stuff :) I'm so glad I added those mithrax crabs!!!! I hope Ozzie makes an appearance for you!!!!

Nice ... I see you have that down pat now and lots of little ones ready to be fed to the tank ...

I hatch them out every other day. Everyone loves them. The hammer corals have been expelling a lot of wastes and growing well!

I was just noticing today that the bubble algae in my tank is finally going away. Sure enough, I found "Jade" my emerald crab munching on a bubble. Haven't seen "Ruby" the red mithrax, at it yet though. She takes care of the other stuff :) I'm so glad I added those mithrax crabs!!!! I hope Ozzie makes an appearance for you!!!!

Its so great that you are enjoying your Mithrax crabbies. I will have to get OZ a friend to help maintain order in the tank. They are so neat and useful too. :D

Hey there everyone if you cannot watch the broadcast and are interested here is a short recording on YouTube. :) Please excuse the stuff on the sand. I am still figuring out placements.

Awesome video. Everything looks so vibrant with the new lighting!!!! Now that I'm looking at them again, your Xenia kinda looks like Anthelia to me.

Awesome video. Everything looks so vibrant with the new lighting!!!! Now that I'm looking at them again, your Xenia kinda looks like Anthelia to me.

Thanks! I like the new lighting too. :)

Yes, I have often wondered about the Xenia/Anthelia genus ID for this one. When I first got it it was three little polyps right on a mat, like Anthelia. As it grew, this one developed stalks and then the polyps with the tentacles budded off the stalks. This formation is typical for Xenia where Anthelia has the polyps coming off a mat that encrusts over the rock. However, the Anthelia is supposed to have long tentacles which mine has. :unsure: So IKD ...

New vid = way cool!!!!!

Poor skipper, he's so skinny! ;)

Thanks! :)

Yeah poor Skipper, he is so neglected. :D

Broadcasting now. :D

Feeding in a few mins. Cyclop-eeze Yum!

Woohoo! Thanks :D

Sorry if you mentioned it before, but what are you using to do that? This seems like fun :)

I use a Logitech webcam c920 and created a free account on ustream.tv. It has ads but it is expensive to purchase a chennel w/o ads.

So sweet. Watching right now. I just registered on their site. Obviously my broadcast would be boring right now, but supposedly you can stream using iPad or iPhone, I'm gonna have to try...

Thanks for setting that up.

So sweet. Watching right now. I just registered on their site. Obviously my broadcast would be boring right now, but supposedly you can stream using iPad or iPhone, I'm gonna have to try...

Thanks for setting that up.

It is fun to share in real time. :) I am looking forward to your broadcast. It will be fun.

I just fed the tank. Those fish sure love to eat!

Archived