inTank Media Baskets

My Atlantis - Wild & Woolly May 2015 Pictures!

eitallent

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I need to get a channel for the tank now. Your tank is awesome.

Thanks! You are too generous, but I like it! :D

Sounds good!!!! My brother set up a camera for his tank as well. I'll be doing the same at some point :)

What streaming site did he use? Or did he set it up with his own server and advanced stuff?

I want to stream a better quality video. I have a Logitech C920 Pro Webcam which can record up to 1080p. Still it comes out so pixelated on the streaming video. :\ IDK

Come see the feeding fun at 5:30 PM CST today on my ustream.tv channel! This is fun!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/myatlantis-nano-reef

I missed it again omgomgomg:)

What streaming site did he use? Or did he set it up with his own server and advanced stuff?

I want to stream a better quality video. I have a Logitech C920 Pro Webcam which can record up to 1080p. Still it comes out so pixelated on the streaming video. :\ IDK

He has his own IP for it. So no dealing with commercials. It's still a little "jerky" but not bad at all.

Hello, Gena.

Yes I usually feed the fish at 5 PM CST. Today I have newly hatched shrimp to feed which I will feed and broadcast at 10 am and 5pm CST :)

I hope you can catch one of those times. It is fun to see them darting around on the hunt for moving food. Karloff should be finish squeezing out of his molt. Yesterday he was bobbing around the tank because only his little legs could move and he could not articulate his tail. LOL He was moving like a fat opera singer in a tight striped corset!

In other news my Xenia has stopped moving since I moved the rocks around for the six month anniversary remodel. You will notice during the broadcast that when I turn off the pumps to feed it has very little movement. I read that they will do that and no one knows why but I miss their elegant twirling motions. :( Sadness.

Werewolf!?

There wolf.

WOW, what knockers!

Why thank you doctor.......

I just tuned in to your cam! That is soooo awsome!

Hello, Gena.

Yes I usually feed the fish at 5 PM CST. Today I have newly hatched shrimp to feed which I will feed and broadcast at 10 am and 5pm CST :)

I hope you can catch one of those times. It is fun to see them darting around on the hunt for moving food. Karloff should be finish squeezing out of his molt. Yesterday he was bobbing around the tank because only his little legs could move and he could not articulate his tail. LOL He was moving like a fat opera singer in a tight striped corset!

In other news my Xenia has stopped moving since I moved the rocks around for the six month anniversary remodel. You will notice during the broadcast that when I turn off the pumps to feed it has very little movement. I read that they will do that and no one knows why but I miss their elegant twirling motions. :( Sadness.

I made a point of coming on here just for this. I would miss it any other day cuz I pick my son up from school at that time. He's home sick today though.

Waiting patiently!!!! :happy:

Yay, Gena. I will say hi to you by wiggling my fingers. I have not seen Karloff since last night. Hmmm... IDK maybe he will make an appearance for food :)

I almost lost track of time cuz I was on Albert's thread (on my iPhone) zooming in to find that 3rd hidden creature :lol: I can't find it at all.

:) TY for watching!

I agree 100% Skipper is super.

Did you see the pitiful Xenia? IDK what is up with it. Karloff must still be trying to molt. He is still MIA.

I almost lost track of time cuz I was on Albert's thread (on my iPhone) zooming in to find that 3rd hidden creature :lol: I can't find it at all.

The image is too small for me to discern anything at all. I even dusted off my monitor!! :lol:

LOL They are all still hunting. I will have to film this in HD and post to YouTube again. You can't see the cute way that Skipper's tail waves vertically on the resolution of the ustream video. Sooo cute!

My son requested pudding so I was making that, at the stove, and watching at the same time. I love having my computer in the kitchen :D

I see the xenia. I've never had luck with xenia. It's not shriveled up though so that's good! Maybe it's just going through a phase :)

And now, for something completely different ...

IMAG0539.jpg

I just went through all 18 pages of your thread looking for a picture of your gorgonians and finally found them on page 17 :lol: But in addition I found this one :wub: Is it a she? Looks so similar to my little female kitty. The face markings are a little different, but overall I see my cat when I look at your kitty's photo!!!!

The video links did not work as usual but here is the new FTS (hopefully this will work ;) )

2013-02-27_18-06-34_199_zps9b7ca489.jpg

2013-02-27_18-07-20_253_zps148cb8bf.jpg

Here they are! This is the type of gorg I'm looking for :) Where did you find them?

I got them on sale from reefs2go.com. I am not sure if they have the sale still but they do have the gorgs every time I visit their site. :)

This is a female cat, Sylvie, my hubby's princess. Her Mom was a scared little cat, dumped on our farm pregnant. After the litter we had her spayed through the humane society and adopted out the kittens but we kept her and two of her kittens from that litter. She remained a bit wild but her kittens were well adjusted to us. We can't help but keep some because we are animal lovers and they are so beautiful!

Polarcollision

I saw your signature quote on another thread and dropped by just to tell you that it is deeply moving and I love it!

I saw your signature quote on another thread and dropped by just to tell you that it is deeply moving and I love it!

TY. I am glad you liked it so much that it moved you to tell me so. :) I love it too. Cheers!

I got them on sale from reefs2go.com. I am not sure if they have the sale still but they do have the gorgs every time I visit their site. :)

This is a female cat, Sylvie, my hubby's princess. Her Mom was a scared little cat, dumped on our farm pregnant. After the litter we had her spayed through the humane society and adopted out the kittens but we kept her and two of her kittens from that litter. She remained a bit wild but her kittens were well adjusted to us. We can't help but keep some because we are animal lovers and they are so beautiful!

I'll keep watching their site..thanks!

Ours is kind of wild too. She came from a country house in Indiana...nuff said :lol: Just kidding :) She was born a barn kitty. We took her home when she was too young so she's had some issues from leaving the litter too early. I always say she's the worst cat I ever had. But she is adorable :D She's the epitome of an independent cat. She could take us or leave us. I'm surprised she never ran away :lol:

here she is. I guess she doesn't look soo much like yours anymore. She did when she was younger.

ha11_zps7557886e.jpg

I'll keep watching their site..thanks!

Ours is kind of wild too. She came from a country house in Indiana...nuff said :lol: Just kidding :) She was born a barn kitty. We took her home when she was too young so she's had some issues from leaving the litter too early. I always say she's the worst cat I ever had. But she is adorable :D She's the epitome of an independent cat. She could take us or leave us. I'm surprised she never ran away :lol:

here she is. I guess she doesn't look soo much like yours anymore. She did when she was younger.

Oh she is a cutie!! My little Sylvie is a barn kitty. Her Mom, Lulu was a gorgeous spotted and striped cat. She hid the litter in the bales of hay but we found them and brought them to the house. Lulu came right with them and she would carry them back to the barn every once in a while and we would have to go bring them back. :lol: We had English Budgies at the time so we could not allow Lulu and her kittens in the house. Plus Lulu did not like being in the house either, we tried it but she was nervous and wanted out in the worst way. Needless to say it was an exciting time and my kids loved caring for the kittens!

This is Ocelot. He is Lulu's look alike.

2602.jpg

YAY Stunners! I feel important.

Well, you are very important for many more reasons than just being a great reef buddy! :) You are one of the first to help me when I first joined so I will not forget that! :wub: Thanks for that.

I really wish I could get better pictures posted. Sigh... They look great on the screen of my Droid Bionic but they lose something when uploading to photobucket. (?)

These are pinkish red in reality:

2013-03-14_06-58-09_90_zpsb24ff0b4.jpg

This monti has a green background with brown polyps:

2013-03-14_06-56-43_9_zps9da74a40.jpg

This is one of the sea whips (Leptogorgis virgulata) I recently got. The heat pack had failed and the water temperature was 69 F. Some of the tissue melted away so I fragged it and was able to save some pieces :)

2013-03-14_06-55-32_864_zps52be1dbd.jpg

Here is the purple sea whip. I will move the Kenya tree back to the front of the tank. I thought that it was release chemicals to fight with the Xenia but the Xenia is still not pulsing like it was before the rescape. (?)

2013-03-14_06-55-23_866_zps7bd350af.jpg

Well, good advice is always appreciated more if its actually followed so thank YOU!

And as far as the pics, yes they always loose a little bit when uploaded, but you should always use a photo editor to tweak it to make it appear more like how it really looks. Usually contrast and intensity are the only things that are necessary. Some people over saturate their pics or make them so perfect looking that you just know its not really that awesome. So don't overdo it.

Here are the gorgs again. A little later in the day and more polyps open and ready to feast on Oyster Feast! :happy:

2013-03-14_10-56-41_890_zps804bb02c.jpg

2013-03-14_10-56-56_780_zps4973a668.jpg

Archived