Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My Atlantis - Wild & Woolly May 2015 Pictures!

eitallent

Nice pics. I really like gsp. Usually grows like a weed (as mine is doing) but it looks really cool and adds movement to the tank. What I don't like is leathers. Which is unfortunate because its brainless, but it grows huge and smothers other things.

Keep it up. Looks good. Do you think you have good flow in there? I always had an issue finding the right flow in my BC29.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice pics. I really like gsp. Usually grows like a weed (as mine is doing) but it looks really cool and adds movement to the tank. What I don't like is leathers. Which is unfortunate because its brainless, but it grows huge and smothers other things. Keep it up. Looks good. Do you think you have good flow in there? I always had an issue finding the right flow in my BC29.
Thank you. :) Yes, flow is tricky. I put in a Koralia 240. I cannot seem to get good flow without irritating the softies. So, I turn it on only for a few hours at a time. Also, the flow from the fuge helps move the water.

Pulsing xenia will forever amaze me. It's so cool!!!! Those Woodstock yellow polyps are so perfectly named :)Good luck with the rearranging :happy:
Those Woodstock yellow polyps are my Hubby's favorite. I think they are so cute too.

Hot in from the MyAtlantis presses: The reef god decided to rearrange the world, causing much consternation among the Atlantians. Skipper was lost for a day and had no idea where it was safe to perch. Karloff, the Peppermint shrimp, found it very interesting that there were many more caves in which to lurk. The Duncan family are really angry at reef god and decided to lock their doors and have not come out yet.To every one's surprise a new resident named Marty Feldman, a Sixline Wrasse, showed up wearing his striped pajamas and started poking his nose into everything! Here is video footage at the scene (best watched in HD):

PS Video embed function is not working like it used to. ??

Pppffff Throckmorton. WTH.

Hey have you ever thought about getting 1-2 blue led strips to make things pop out a bit? I know your waiting on a larger tank.

Looking purdy in there! Where's Mr. Feldman? :) Love that name!

My sixline is named Throckmorton.

:lol: wut? :blink:

Marty Feldman makes an appearance in the video. Let me try again and see if it embeds this time.

Yay! The video embedded!

Pppffff Throckmorton. WTH.

Hey have you ever thought about getting 1-2 blue led strips to make things pop out a bit? I know your waiting on a larger tank.

Yes I am thinking about it. I looked at some DIY kits to fit the JBJ 12 NanoCube. They are mighty proud of those things the pricing seems high to me.

What LED light would you go with for this tank? Anyone?

You could go with blue stunner strips, or Current sells pretty much the same thing. I've been using stunner strips for a while to supplement blue (I have a version of the AI SOL that has less blue than others). They are great and practically waterproof. Dropped a couple in on accident. Just stick it on, plug it in and watch the magic happen. You will see a pretty large increase in color.

You could go with blue stunner strips, or Current sells pretty much the same thing. I've been using stunner strips for a while to supplement blue (I have a version of the AI SOL that has less blue than others). They are great and practically waterproof. Dropped a couple in on accident. Just stick it on, plug it in and watch the magic happen. You will see a pretty large increase in color.

Excellent! Thanks for the advice. :)

I will look for these. I am also shopping for 2 - 27" maxspect razors 160w for my 125 g so the budget is tiiiight! Not having as much much money as I want to spend on tanks stinks! :lol:

Loved the video!!!! Such a pretty song too.

How are you keeping an mp10 on your back wall?

And where did you get your gorgs. I love those!!!! Are they photosynthetic?

Loved the video!!!! Such a pretty song too.

How are you keeping an mp10 on your back wall?

And where did you get your gorgs. I love those!!!! Are they photosynthetic?

Thank you, I am glad you liked it.

Gena, I have noticed that you are very observant! You notice everything. :) That is a Koralia 240 so I can put it on the back. It is working out well in that spot. The gorgs are not photosynthetic. They are extending their polyps every time I feed baby brine shrimp and/or Oyster feast. They love the current of the Koralia and fluff up when it comes on. I will be moving them to the 125 g when it is ready. I like hatching out bbs so much that I have decided to culture phytoplankton to feed the small eaters. Wish me luck!

I am really happy with the way the rockscape turned out. There are a lot more caves and room for flow. Everyone seems to be adapting well to their new surroundings. The new sixline, Marty, is adapting beautifully, no jumping around the tank like the previous sixline, poor little fish.

Sweet video, you even used the same song a local reef club friend used for his tank.

Thanks! I like that song. Your friend has great tastes in music ;) and what a great reef! It is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing that video. :)

Howdy! I hope all is well in your reef realms. :)

I took pschom's advice and got the stunners! Yay. The corals are popping with color. I wish I had a decent camera but I am spending all my extra money on reef lighting! :lol:

These pictures do not pick up the yellow and intense orange in the corals. The greens turn out better but still not true.

2013-03-07_19-32-57_860_zps8744de69.jpg

2013-03-07_19-32-28_864_zps4d870cc9.jpg

2013-03-07_19-26-58_872_zps662fe630.jpg

2013-03-07_19-26-45_333_zpsb7a46e2c.jpg

"La vie en bleu"

2013-03-07_19-23-46_666_zps6053939e.jpg

2013-03-07_19-24-06_599_zps0003d0b9.jpg

2013-03-07_19-25-50_315_zpse346de66.jpg

2013-03-07_19-31-00_906_zps643bcecc.jpg

2013-03-07_19-39-52_293_zps064a1556.jpg

:lol: wut? :blink:

Marty Feldman makes an appearance in the video. Let me try again and see if it embeds this time.

Eitallient, that video was just lovely. I am currently sitting hospice vigil with my mother, and the music and beauty in your tank were true gifts. I am so glad the video embedded :wub::) .

Eitallient, that video was just lovely. I am currently sitting hospice vigil with my mother, and the music and beauty in your tank were true gifts. I am so glad the video embedded :wub::) .

msscha, my heart goes out to you. My earnest wish is that your Mom is comfortable and peaceful. I feel she has a blessing in you.

I am glad to know that my sharing this video has given you a small distraction and brightened your day just a little. :flower:

I will be feeding Skipper and the gang in five mins and it will be broadcast on the ustream channel. The link is in the previous post.

Thank you, I am glad you liked it.

Gena, I have noticed that you are very observant! You notice everything. :) That is a Koralia 240 so I can put it on the back. It is working out well in that spot. The gorgs are not photosynthetic. They are extending their polyps every time I feed baby brine shrimp and/or Oyster feast. They love the current of the Koralia and fluff up when it comes on.

I hope that's a good thing (observant) :lol:

Is the magnet on the back sitting in the water then? I think they can corrode from the saltwater. I seem to remember reading that happened to someone. I'll have to look into that.

Keeping you in my thoughts msscha :hugs:

I will be feeding Skipper and the gang in five mins and it will be broadcast on the ustream channel. The link is in the previous post.

I'm watching!!!!! :happydance:

Your tank looks sooo good!!!!! I love the additional lighting :)

Hi Gena. I am glad you got to see the channel. Next time I will post a time and I will feed exactly at that time. Karloff was a hog and sat on the baster taking as many shrimp as he could hold in his greedy, skinny legs! :lol:

Archived