inTank Media Baskets

Lion's Solana Den

buddythelion

Decided to try to take some fish photos after seeing Kguske's new toy. All I can say is, I'm sticking with corals... This was after about 100+ photos.

Now see, I didn't even try to get the fish in pictures so those are awesome! However, I like what I see behind the basslet, little garden of petroglyphs! :)

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
buddythelion

Haha, no top down shot. I'm in the middle of redoing my tank with a new scape piece that I got from Jester6.

And that's a nice plate! But I wouldn't pay more than $100 for it though.

You have such a pretty tank.

Why thank you good sir.

Now see, I didn't even try to get the fish in pictures so those are awesome! However, I like what I see behind the basslet, little garden of petroglyphs! :)

Wish I could have kept them all in my tank! Would have looked BA.

were da polyps at bro? Fish pics are nice too I guess ;)

Haven't really picked up anything new for the display other than a red plate. Hopefully I'll get pics of it soon!

buddythelion

You're back :rolleyes: how come you don't post as buddy anymore? :angry:

Always have been on! Got to build up reputation for Legendary Corals. :)

How's the candy basslet doing?

Super hardy fish! Is always out and about now. Definitely one of my favorites.

UPDATES. PLEASE. B)

Or make an actinic video like reefer831. Then I can go ahead and add that to my favorite to watch list.

• 3 weeks later...

Since you have a store and all... I'm wondering what kind of new corals you're hording now ;)

Or, at least show us your giant colony of the Poinsettias

Since you have a store and all... I'm wondering what kind of new corals you're hording now ;)

This...

Darwin, you are making me miss my 34G Solana, man. Wonder why they stopped making it. Its such a good tank and the price was really aggressive.

• 2 months later...
buddythelion

UPDATES. PLEASE. B)

Or make an actinic video like reefer831. Then I can go ahead and add that to my favorite to watch list.

Haha, I don't have a super fancy camera like Andy. I would also need reefbrites, which are actually on the to buy list.

This...

It's a mythical creature...like Bigfoot :lol:

For reals man... I haven't seen a colony of Poinsettias. My colony is... a colony of 2 polyps. :D

Darwin, you are making me miss my 34G Solana, man. Wonder why they stopped making it. Its such a good tank and the price was really aggressive.

G! What's your current set up now?

Picked up a box from Unique Corals the other day. Scott and the team were amazing as always. Their customer service and coral quality are one of the vendors that I've tried to base my mentality off of. They're truly there for the hobbyist.

Well anyways, I still buy corals my tank. I'm still a hobbyist guys! Always will be. :)

Here's my new pick ups. Two awesome new UC signature releases.

UC Rainbow Milli. Super sick piece.

14736426910_3f1e45e521_b.jpg

14900106386_d7b33c74d4_b.jpg

UC Shortcake, the original lineage!

14923094905_6ac22f18d2_b.jpg

And their new Bali Shortcake piece. Easily a reef raft level acro. It's going to be a pink base, yellow corallites, and a blue tip.

14736515337_96c2cc662a_b.jpg

14736470628_d2a3c241d6_b.jpg

G! What's your current set up now?

I'm still out of the country for another month, but I might have some goodies from PicO, Ecotech, Nano Box, etc waiting on me when I get back :).

Sick sticks though man. I'm going to go SPS dominant for this tank. I had a vision of a single sick colony on some rocks draped in high end zoas and maybe a bounce or jawbreaker last night so we will see.

Tank still gorgeous as always, but sad to see the blastos are gone :lol:

& you're behind Legendary Corals?!? omgomgomg well that settles it; once my tank has had a breather I'm placing an order.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Been ages since I've been on my own account. So here's the tank update:

Ended up losing a lot of time to care for the tank, so I gave the majority of my sticks to my friend Joe who's also a part of LC.

What's left is a couple of sticks, some sick favias, a plate collection, a loooot more zoas, and friggin sweet shroomies (my jawbreaker mama loves to make babies!). And also, a ton of hair algae. Everywhereeeee. I blame my laziness for water changes and also my back chambers. The way they're designed doesn't allow me to utilize them properly. No filter floss, no refugium, and no media area.

So... I've gotten a hold of Chris over at PicoAquariums and I'm going to grab one of his smart design AIO tanks. I wanted a tank that's still 18x18, but 2" shorter. Coincidentally, his 20 G on the site is the exact dims I want, so we'll be seeing a name change on this thread soon. I love supporting fellow NR Sponsors. It's almost like a collab. :D

I'm hoping that with this new tank I'll be able to filter out this tank more efficiently and everything will thrive once again! It's been something I've been putting back for far too long. The crack on the back corner of the tank is also something I'm scared of too lol.

Archived