Pod Your Reef

Lion's Solana Den

buddythelion

Oh snap, you're legendarycorals.com?? Very nice site you got there haha, it can't be you doing all the web designing, can it? :)

http://www.legendary-corals.com/#!legendary-collection/c1d3b

11433127163_8f6ec8c6a3_b.jpg

Haha! Three of my friend and I are behind Legendary Corals. :)

We used wix.com to help make all the templates, but the designing and etc was mostly me and my other friend.

Man, my tank thread has been neglected since I've been busy with LC. So here's the breakdown:

Been really busy with work, school, and now the Legendary Corals side project.

The tank started to go really down hill since I didn't keep up with water changes and dosing (didn't do a water change + dose for about a month). So all the SPS pieces browned out, but they're rehomed now with my SPS lover friend who'll give me a piece back later down the road when I upgrade.

Being busy and all made me get rid of most of my corals. I am now switching the focus to something much more low maintenance and relaxing. I've always wanted an all anemone tank, so that's what I'm going to do! But I've gotten the itch for collecting rare mushrooms so one island will be an anemone island and the other will be for all the rare mushrooms I've collected. It's coming together very nicely!

I'm still keeping some zoas, my clam, plate garden, and Kryptonite chalice.

Saphira the golden dwarf eel has been removed since I don't have the time to take care of her properly and I would like some small fish and inverts for the tank. I found a good home for her. The new owner has a 300 full blown reef tank and had experience with a snowflake eel in the past. He emailed me later in the evening telling me how she acclimated and that he's going to try to hand feed her the same way I do. I feel pretty happy for her. :)

Peanut the other picasso clownfish (the smaller nicer pattern one) ended up dried on the floor one night. Poseidon has been chasing him around lately and I guess he found a small hole from the top to jump out of. If only I got an anemone sooner...

So now I'm stuck with just one clownfish. Was debating on just starting the tank fresh and selling her to get a new clownfish pair (new picasso and a wyoming white) but I've had her for almost 4+ years now. So I'm just going to keep her and maybe pair her with another clown in the future. Either Wyoming White or another Picasso. I want a wyoming white right now, but knowing me I'll probably choose another nice picasso. Not until I get more nems to settle her aggression... Don't want another jumping incident.

The tank is a bit empty, but I'll get an updated photo session soon!

Here's the current livestock:

Fish:

Doni Picasso Clownfish

Inverts:

6x Blue Knuckle Hermit Crabs (finally getting hermits for the first time in the tank. They do an awesome job!)

1x Hawaiian Halloween Hermit

Banded Trochus Snails

Tongan Nassarius Snails

Nuclear Green BTA

Green BTA with Orange tips

Blue Speckled Crocea Clam

Coral:

Rainbow Plate

Orange Plate

Rising Sun Plate

Neptune's Kryptonite

Dendro

Blondies zoa

Rastas zoa

Speckled fire Ice zoa

Super Saiyans (hitchhiking, couldn't get them off the main rock)

UWW Sunburst Monti (encrusted over main rock, can't get off)

Uranium 235 Bounce shroom

AquaScapers Rainbow St. Thomas Shroom

XTC Shroom

Midnight Carlgreni Shroom

Pink Yuma Shroom

Tie Dye Shroom

ASD Red-Purple Splattered Shroom

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:wub: you're here

I'm always on Nano-Reef. :D

It's basically the only forum that I post updates on my tank since every other forum is more of a "show off" thread than an actual build thread. This forum and local club forums keep me in check that I need to have a for fun tank and not just a frag tank!

Still waiting to fill the scape up with some more corals, but until then here's some top down shots I took for LC. They're all of course off the plugs and glued down onto the rock, the way a display tank should be!

Tie-Dye Shroom

12017544833_62fe1c95e7_b.jpg

LC XTC Shroom:

11832421495_fa9c31e655_b.jpg

Uranium 235 Bounce Shroom (not this exact one, but it's twin brother):

11832840284_7de9bc4c57_b.jpg

Lol holy crap. Poseidon was a baby.

20120204_194636.jpg

RIP Peanut... You are missed.

IMG_7491CR2.jpg

Man was she adorable. She's now swimming in 300g SPS Heaven

MorayVsQuarter.jpg

Just read your entire collection thread over on r2r. Beyond epic! :)

Thanks Kyle! Your collection is getting really epic! It's a never ending addiction. :D

Damn, that XTC is still hawt. Glad to know that you still have your pink yuma; they're one fineky coral.

And to think I found the yuma in some koi shop! :D

Thanks Kyle! Your collection is getting really epic! It's a never ending addiction. :D

Isn't that the truth! BTW have you seen the PZ Kazaam? Sweeet looking!

Isn't that the truth! BTW have you seen the PZ Kazaam? Sweeet looking!

I saw! I was a bit worried he was going to be calling them PZ Shazaams or Bowsers. They look really nice, and at a good price!

Heard you won those wowzers btw. Where's the pics?!

I saw! I was a bit worried he was going to be calling them PZ Shazaams or Bowsers. They look really nice, and at a good price!

Heard you won those wowzers btw. Where's the pics?!

I'm calling them Candy Apple Awesomes since thats what Glenn named them. But me and him both agree they're wowzers :) but yea I did win them last night. Not sure when I'll have them shipped but pics will definitely be up when I get them. And the Kazaams may be sitting in my Planet Zoa cart as of now.. :ninja: haven't clicked purchase yet lol

I'm calling them Candy Apple Awesomes since thats what Glenn named them. But me and him both agree they're wowzers :) but yea I did win them last night. Not sure when I'll have them shipped but pics will definitely be up when I get them. And the Kazaams may be sitting in my Planet Zoa cart as of now.. :ninja: haven't clicked purchase yet lol

If you fill out his survey on facebook, you get a $25 giftcard... :)

If you fill out his survey on facebook, you get a $25 giftcard... :)

Already on it :lol: that's actually what made me go to his site! Got the gift card a day or so ago but never check the site

Already on it :lol: that's actually what made me go to his site! Got the gift card a day or so ago but never check the site

If you do end up thinking about it, lmk what you're thinking of and I can help you choose! :)

If you do end up thinking about it, lmk what you're thinking of and I can help you choose! :)

Here's the cart at the moment:

PZ Kazaam

Delights Purple Rainbow

PZ Groundskeeper Willy

PZ Rainbow Eclipse

PZ Yellow Elephants

And the $1 Zoa is the King Boo

:)

Here's the cart at the moment: PZ Kazaam Delights Purple Rainbow PZ Groundskeeper Willy PZ Rainbow Eclipse PZ Yellow Elephants And the $1 Zoa is the King Boo :)

From that list, I'd remove the Delights Purple Rainbow since you already have a rainbow morph. I've owned the purple rainbow and it's a bit difficult to tell the difference unless they're side by side.

The Groundskeeper Willy are a bit easier to find but they get a bit finicky. I recommend swapping it out for a Speckled Fire and Ice! The speckled fire ice is easily one of my top zoa morphs of all times. They grow well and are bright! I don't see them for sale often and PZ was the only place I found them.

I've seen the Yellow Elephants around, I think you should fill up your limited space with either an OG Vampire or Xenomorph (it's the same as those sleepy hollows going for $200). The Xenomorphs have an almost purple-crystal clear skirt which is really cool. Still something I have to grab myself.

Actually I've already got a speckled fire and ice just need it to start growing! Didn't even notice the xenomorphs. Those are pretty sweet. Wish the brimstone was in stock. That paly looks awesome!

Actually I've already got a speckled fire and ice just need it to start growing! Didn't even notice the xenomorphs. Those are pretty sweet. Wish the brimstone was in stock. That paly looks awesome!

Awesome! Speckled Fires are one of my faves. I just have to have them in a display tank. The bleeding hearts are very nice too! They're the same as KH Sunbursts. :)

Thought you might like these :) (hope you don't mind)

AD9A406F-C022-4963-94E3-8FBE13A12F12.jpg

3F2777E0-FB36-469C-B4B5-55D54CC1386D.jpg

B7F14E78-8F54-4EA9-8533-C0F6E9E7855A.jpg

I don't mind at all, I LOVE seeing our corals in fellow hobbyist tanks! :D

Looks like the Ambrosia is a bit washed out, but it's looks fat and happy. Can't wait to see that full orange face!

I don't mind at all, I LOVE seeing our corals in fellow hobbyist tanks! :D

Looks like the Ambrosia is a bit washed out, but it's looks fat and happy. Can't wait to see that full orange face!

Yea I'm still struggling a bit to keep the colors nice and bright once I get in new z/p's but it (along with everything else I got from you) opens up nice and fat every day so at least it's happy. I saw on R2R you used to feed your palys pellets is that right?

PZ order placed! :) total addict...

Here's the latest group shot I took

22FE8577-10B1-44BE-A03A-7EF0AAC85FE6.jpg

Yea I'm still struggling a bit to keep the colors nice and bright once I get in new z/p's but it (along with everything else I got from you) opens up nice and fat every day so at least it's happy. I saw on R2R you used to feed your palys pellets is that right?

PZ order placed! :) total addict...

Here's the latest group shot I took

22FE8577-10B1-44BE-A03A-7EF0AAC85FE6.jpg

Man I miss that pack. Was probably our most popular photo. :D

LOL! Another order! So what did you get from PZ?!

Archived