Pod Your Reef

Lion's Solana Den

buddythelion

The Rose yuma is doing awesome! It's already popped off a young lad. The mother is actually a very gorgeous pink with a white rim so I'm hoping the same will happen with this one. It's still in it's teens I'd say.

That's good to hear. Do you have any specific information regarding the conditions that the pink parent was kept under?

The one I have is now around the size of a silver dollar when expanded, but a more reddish than pink color. If mine sprouts a little one, maybe we can set up an exchange since it's always good to have the genes spread around, especially in case of a loss.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the vendor was on the other forum so I messaged you there. Yes I got those colonies. Kaching. Omg. I'm out of control.

My zoas are fine then one or two will get pissed off for no reason. Have had some melt for no reason. Right now I see one head that has blackened each in a couple of colonies. I had heard vitamin c which is carbon dosing, helps with zoanthid diseases.

I also posted on Jedi's thread in response to your 'nice horrida' comment. Would you recommend a good book or online resource to identify SPS? :flower:

You and another girl reefer are out of control with these hawaiian colonies. I've never had much luck with them. How do you even have room???

I heard about Vit C too and iodine dosing too. I think Planet Zoa mentioned that they do a drop of iodine a day. Not sure what it does, but his zoas grow. I tell mine bed time stories and chant a "grow grow grow" song every night. Since they grow... it must work right? :lol:

Uhhh... SPS. I'm still such a noob with those. Valida what what? I know and can tell apart a select few because my brain tends to remember things that make my wallet go empty. So for me the best way to remember sticks is to buy more sticks. LOL

How's that Jared's tricolor prostrata? It looked amazing in a lot of those big SPS hitters tanks. Reef Gardener has sexy coral's orange passion and WWC's Somewhere over the rainbow milli... So tempted. Where are all of these nice corals popping out of nowhere? Seriously???

That's good to hear. Do you have any specific information regarding the conditions that the pink parent was kept under?

The one I have is now around the size of a silver dollar when expanded, but a more reddish than pink color. If mine sprouts a little one, maybe we can set up an exchange since it's always good to have the genes spread around, especially in case of a loss.

It's kept under a 2 bulb t5 fixture that's probably way past the time it was supposed to be replaced. Tank full of algae and only one maroon clownfish. So very dirty and low light. LOL

That sounds awesome! Joe (if you recall him from neptunes?) already wants dib on my little baby though. We have some awesome ones at work right now, it's a watermelon type yuma. Juicy red with a green rim.

Ah man. I'm currently in a bet with my friend that I could last a whole month without buying coral just to prove I have self control. He always gives me this disapproving look and tells me I have no self control. I'll show him! We went to a LFS and I almost lost in 5 minutes. It's only been a week and I'm dying.

Passed up on:

Sexy Corals Orange Passion

50 Ricordeas from Reef Gardener (I want to make a ric canyon!)

CB Rainbow Crush

And the one I regret the most, a Tangerine Dreams.

This should have been mine!!! :angry:

10158475594_5cb181c5dc_c.jpg

On the plus side...

I already have two deals saved for me until I win my bet. A little tie dye and hopefully an avengers. omgomgomg

You and another girl reefer are out of control with these hawaiian colonies. I've never had much luck with them. How do you even have room???

I heard about Vit C too and iodine dosing too. I think Planet Zoa mentioned that they do a drop of iodine a day. Not sure what it does, but his zoas grow. I tell mine bed time stories and chant a "grow grow grow" song every night. Since they grow... it must work right? :lol:

Uhhh... SPS. I'm still such a noob with those. Valida what what? I know and can tell apart a select few because my brain tends to remember things that make my wallet go empty. So for me the best way to remember sticks is to buy more sticks. LOL

How's that Jared's tricolor prostrata? It looked amazing in a lot of those big SPS hitters tanks. Reef Gardener has sexy coral's orange passion and WWC's Somewhere over the rainbow milli... So tempted. Where are all of these nice corals popping out of nowhere? Seriously???

It's kept under a 2 bulb t5 fixture that's probably way past the time it was supposed to be replaced. Tank full of algae and only one maroon clownfish. So very dirty and low light. LOL

That sounds awesome! Joe (if you recall him from neptunes?) already wants dib on my little baby though. We have some awesome ones at work right now, it's a watermelon type yuma. Juicy red with a green rim.

Ah man. I'm currently in a bet with my friend that I could last a whole month without buying coral just to prove I have self control. He always gives me this disapproving look and tells me I have no self control. I'll show him! We went to a LFS and I almost lost in 5 minutes. It's only been a week and I'm dying.

Passed up on:

Sexy Corals Orange Passion

50 Ricordeas from Reef Gardener (I want to make a ric canyon!)

CB Rainbow Crush

And the one I regret the most, a Tangerine Dreams.

This should have been mine!!! :angry:

10158475594_5cb181c5dc_c.jpg

On the plus side...

I already have two deals saved for me until I win my bet. A little tie dye and hopefully an avengers. omgomgomg

Glad to know that Watermelon Yuma is doing well and sproting out a baby. Try to grow out a colony; it would be stunning to see a pink/red yuma colony.

And you passed on Sexy Coral's Orange Passion AND 50 ricordeas from Reef Gardner? My god, that's some deep self-control you got there. You better win your bet to make it well worth it.

LOL, so many corals, hard to resist... :)

This hobby is so addicting. I don't know how you did it man. So much patience.

Glad to know that Watermelon Yuma is doing well and sproting out a baby. Try to grow out a colony; it would be stunning to see a pink/red yuma colony.

And you passed on Sexy Coral's Orange Passion AND 50 ricordeas from Reef Gardner? My god, that's some deep self-control you got there. You better win your bet to make it well worth it.

Milk tea here I come! It's all about the pride!!!

This hobby is so addicting. I don't know how you did it man. So much patience.

Believe me, it isn't always easy. Frag swaps are the most difficult to resist!

Back in the day, the emphasis was more on creating and enjoying a complete tank ecosystem rather than collecting & trading individual corals. It's a different paradigm that promoted a long-term, sustained interest in the tank and all it's fascinating biological functions that I still carry with me today. But I also dabble a bit in the coral collection side, too :)

Believe me, it isn't always easy. Frag swaps are the most difficult to resist!

Back in the day, the emphasis was more on creating and enjoying a complete tank ecosystem rather than collecting & trading individual corals. It's a different paradigm that promoted a long-term, sustained interest in the tank and all it's fascinating biological functions that I still carry with me today. But I also dabble a bit in the coral collection side, too :)

Best of both worlds. :)

Here's one of those long awaited FTS. I decided to change it up and label all of the corals that I have in the tank (yellow) and mark where I plan to put some future pieces. Some of them are already waiting for me to win my bet hehe.

FTS_zps9e8a5d83.jpg

Lets see a closeup of that WWC grafted. That might hold e over until mines colors back up. My ReefTech SB monti was one i just lost recently mad2.gif Grew it from a fingernail frag to a nice little spiraling mini colony.

Looks like yours is going bananas on that back wall. Let me know if you ever have any nice chunks of it for sale.

Niiice!

I feel like you have moar zoas and palys

Are they in the 400g "FOWLR"

Oh, they're all chilling in my little frag tank. I hate seeing plugs in my tank so I set it back up. :lol:

Lets see a closeup of that WWC grafted. That might hold e over until mines colors back up. My ReefTech SB monti was one i just lost recently mad2.gif Grew it from a fingernail frag to a nice little spiraling mini colony.

Looks like yours is going bananas on that back wall. Let me know if you ever have any nice chunks of it for sale.

Uhhhhhhh, it's just basically a green cap with a small red speck. But surprisingly the red speck has been getting larger and bleeding out a bit more. All of those on the back wall was my one huge one that I broke up to smaller pieces. I'm hopping that they all overlap and do that cool structure thing that caps do and then on top of them will be my wwc grafted cap. Sort of like 2 flowers, sounds cool to me!

And you need one? I got like 5 too many.

Uhhhhhhh, it's just basically a green cap with a small red speck. But surprisingly the red speck has been getting larger and bleeding out a bit more. All of those on the back wall was my one huge one that I broke up to smaller pieces. I'm hopping that they all overlap and do that cool structure thing that caps do and then on top of them will be my wwc grafted cap. Sort of like 2 flowers, sounds cool to me!

It should start taking off soon and when it does that red swirled into the green is :wub:

Great idea with stacking the montis like that, it should grow out/together nicely.

And you need one? I got like 5 too many.

O i need alright, i'm at a loss with out mine. It was such a vivid colored monti and fast grower for me. Dang 5 to many :lol:

It should start taking off soon and when it does that red swirled into the green is :wub:

Great idea with stacking the montis like that, it should grow out/together nicely.

O i need alright, i'm at a loss with out mine. It was such a vivid colored monti and fast grower for me. Dang 5 to many :lol:

Just remind me to throw a piece in if you ever end up getting a box from me. I want to see your tank filled up with coral goodness already!

Yeah, I think it's sorta cheating because not many people would have that many frag of them but I don't care. I'm lazy LOL. My colony looked like a square blob and didn't do much capping since it was sitting on a flat rock vs a ledge. This time is going to be different!

• 3 weeks later...

I coughed up some algae ridden pics, you can do the same! :P

...How'd you know? LOL!

Fair enough. I'll get those pics when the lights turn on. :)

It'll take forever to get that frag to that colony lol.

You didn't get into this hobby expecting instant gratification, did you? :)

It sold; I'd almost talked myself into buying it.

Ohhh scoly buys, you get instant gratification alright, ;)

That's only if you're a scoly guy like me ahah.

Hey. FTS. Now.

Also, please buy this so I don't: http://www.jasonfoxsignaturecorals.com/product_p/w-b010.htm

Fuxxx!! I could buy a scoly instead!! :)

Or an awesome favia.

FOX_0001_zps92bf9e74.jpg

It'll take forever to get that frag to that colony lol.

Ohhh scoly buys, you get instant gratification alright, ;)

That's only if you're a scoly guy like me ahah.

Wow Aaron. You know me so well. I was actually really sad when JF sold that day glo. That favia is simply amazing! Totally makes my darth maul favia look like a doo doo.

And Scolies... meh. Still not so into them.

I took a little video tour of my tank. Now just have to upload it. Going to take years. :closedeyes:

• 1 month later...

Archived