ReefCleaners.org

A Micro-Reefs 1.6g Softie Pico

yoshii

Thanks!

Wow...that's tiny, is it an AIO? or just a custom size

Its a "custom" sized glass cube, which I just thought was more capable of holding a AC20 fuge then other tanks of the same size. I got it from Petsmart as a "betta bowl"(they couldnt see it potential) B)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they got alot more yumas now just so u know

Yeah, I think there's more coming in soon too :D

Alto wants me to fill this tank up with yumas lol

Did you end up getting a green yuma?

Its a "custom" sized glass cube, which I just thought was more capable of holding a AC20 fuge then other tanks of the same size. I got it from Petsmart as a "betta bowl"(they couldnt see it potential) B)

I like glass better :)

Haha I see anything that's clear and holds water as a potential aquarium

Yeah i got a nice green yuma and got a really small frag of zoas for only $5 :D ; they have 2 bluish orange yumas for $40 each, was thinkin about gettin one of those too, u should definately get one of those there awsome looking and there pretty big to

The yumas kinda look like this except blue on the edges

post-75370-1346558195_thumb.jpg

oh Yoshi one more thing how much for a pair of anemone shrimp? i didnt see them when i went

Yeah i got a nice green yuma and got a really small frag of zoas for only $5 :D ; they have 2 bluish orange yumas for $40 each, was thinkin about gettin one of those too, u should definately get one of those there awsome looking and there pretty big to

The yumas kinda look like this except blue on the edges

post-75370-1346558195_thumb.jpg

oh Yoshi one more thing how much for a pair of anemone shrimp? i didnt see them when i went

Cool, you should make a thread for your tank

I was actually thinking about getting one of the green ones, or one of the solid orange ones :)

I'm not sure, they're actually not being sold as a pair, there's just a male and female in the same cube

They're in the end right cube on top of the first coral flat tank, if that makes sense

hmm yeah id have to ask well lets hope so :lol: but im positive they had a yuma that wasn't a pair because i saw it right next to the pair of yumas :huh:

Yeah i know i should start a thread, i started up a fluval edge reef but i need to upgrade the lights and i dont plan to do that for another 2 months because im so busy with school and my studies; i plan to upgrade the lighting to an ai nano im gonna add alot of livestock once i get my light but right now just gettin some small frags here and there as of now i got a torch, assorted zoas, the yuma, and alot of other mushrooms and softies

but im positive they had a yuma that wasn't a pair because i saw it right next to the pair of yumas

Wait..what? :huh:

They're some really nice fluval edges around here, I think one won TOTM a while ago, you should check it out. Upgrading lights can do wonders :) Personally I really don't like the extremely yellow look of the stock fluval egde lights

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Damn Yoshii,

Are you trying to rock this 1.6 Micro-Reefs build like x3thelast did to my .9 gallon pico? What gives?

Sry for the confusion thought u were referring to the pair of orange center yumas stupid me lol forget about what i said :huh: but anyway my fluval edge doesnt have halogen it came with leds but i still added alot more led strips and also some extra mr11 led lights to but i like the ai nano cuz it fits right in the hood not taking away the pupose of the fluval edge which is having a clean look and i guess 5watts per gallon is a good rule of thumb so the ai is 30watts and thats perfect

yeah i hope im right about that yuma :huh: but anyway my fluval edge doesnt have halogen it came with leds but i still added alot more led strips and also some extra mr11 led lights to but i like the ai nano cuz it fits right in the hood not taking away the pupose of the fluval edge which is having a clean look and i guess 5watts per gallon is a good rule of thumb so the ai is 30watts and thats perfect

Wow an AI Nano will be really powerful in the hood of your tank

The "watts per gallon" isn't a good rule of thumb, especially for LEDs, LEDs are very powerful but don't use many watts

Sry for the confusion thought u were referring to the pair of orange center yumas stupid me lol forget about what i said :huh:

No problem :)

thanx for telling me that about the leds im still a newbie to this hobby :P

Np! Remember research is your best friend :)

Thanks guys! I'm definitely getting more yumas!

Jg, even though I just set it up, I love it already! I thought it would be too small, but I'm really starting to like the size

Yup research is the key to keeping reef tanks although sometimes goin to the lfs and seein that one awsome coral gets the best of us... :D

At least coral impulse-buying usually isn't as bad as fish impulse-buying!

Small update,

I added a tiny blue mushroom rock and a ATL Red Mini Carpet Anemone (It's not a mini-mini or maxi-mini)

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a small white-polyp toadstool frag today :)

My LFS also got in some really bright green mushroom rocks, if 1-2 wander off or something, I might get them

Jason, I was at Baja today...omgsh new corals everywhere :wub:

I'm dying to get a piece of a yellow leather and a super bright green finger leather for this tank :D

Isn't it Kat? I need moar!

Archived