SaltCritters.com

A Micro-Reefs 1.6g Softie Pico

yoshii

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Yeah, I would assume with the amount and power of those LEDs, you would have to turn it down pretty low

Oh boy, I already have 5 tanks Mike! There needs to be a limit xD

Christina,

You will see what I mean, when you walk into the room and see this fixture lighting up the 6.2. It just looks unreal, like it shouldn't be there, like it's magic, it glows, it shines, words cannot explain what my retinas pick up.

My camera couldn't pick up the LED lights, it kept flickering like crazy, it was weird.

I just couldn't stop looking into the light, you girls will say, this light must go with us to Baja Reef it is no longer property of Micro-Reefs anymore until further test are done. :D

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What lfs is this could u tell me i live in east bay too thanx i ussually go to a lfs called aquatic collection in hayward but if u could tell me man that would be great there corals look awsome :lol:

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

omg stupid me i know that place it use to be atlantis aquarium but the owner sold it due to costs and he kinda just let it run down i went there last week and it didnt seem like they had that much when i went but... ill definately go today i only live 5 minutes away :D so lucky me maybe not cuz every time i go i spend money on corals

omg stupid me i know that place it use to be atlantis aquarium but the owner sold it due to costs and he kinda just let it run down i went there last week and it didnt seem like they had that much when i went but... ill definately go today i only live 5 minutes away :D so lucky me maybe not cuz every time i go i spend money on corals

Yep, it's pretty close to Aquatic Collection

There's lots more zoas now, and last night new fish came in

It's mostly fish, but there's a large $8 frag section to try to make room for new corals

Christina,

You will see what I mean, when you walk into the room and see this fixture lighting up the 6.2. It just looks unreal, like it shouldn't be there, like it's magic, it glows, it shines, words cannot explain what my retinas pick up.

My camera couldn't pick up the LED lights, it kept flickering like crazy, it was weird.

I just couldn't stop looking into the light, you girls will say, this light must go with us to Baja Reef it is no longer property of Micro-Reefs anymore until further test are done. :D

Yeah, it's hard to capture LED lights with cameras

I'll be checking your thread for the test results!

Yesterday morning the tank was cloudy with bacteria, so last night I added a small piece of LR and a frag of zoas

Today the water is clear again :)

You know what this means...my 3g will share its light with this tank until I get my light from Micro-Reefs

which means it's time to add more coral! :D

[Yay More coral :lol:] I went to atlantis the other day they had really nice wall hammers but they were too big so they told me to come back on Friday so they could frag them and give them time to accumulate to their new surroundings and tank... very nice selection of small zoa frags though

Are u going to put any yumas in ur 3 gallon? anyway definately gonna follow this thread GOOD LUCK!!

[Yay More coral :lol:] I went to atlantis the other day they had really nice wall hammers but they were too big so they told me to come back on Friday so they could frag them and give them time to accumulate to their new surroundings and tank... very nice selection of small zoa frags though

Are u going to put any yumas in ur 3 gallon? anyway definately gonna follow this thread GOOD LUCK!!

Yeah I like the small zoa pieces :) There's some pretty neat pieces that no one notices, I grabbed a few the other day for this tank

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up the sinularia and green hairy leather :)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
I had to take out like half the water just to float the bag...

IMAG1107.jpg

IMAG1108.jpg

Picked up a cool rainbowy yuma too

IMAG1109.jpg

Corals aren't fully open yet

Christina,

I have to get you your light.... Did Heather explain the delay?

Aww man yoshi i was gonna get that yuma :P ... jk anyway im goin to baja reefs today again cuz they got a 40% sale for livestock might get a green yuma for only 30 but ill see what they have, they've been adding more yumas almost every day might also get some frogspawn anyway nice yuma keep posting new pics!!

Aww man yoshi i was gonna get that yuma :P ... jk anyway im goin to baja reefs today again cuz they got a 40% sale for livestock might get a green yuma for only 30 but ill see what they have, they've been adding more yumas almost every day might also get some frogspawn anyway nice yuma keep posting new pics!!

There's another similar looking one that's also $50 :P

Oh btw the hammers got cut yesterday

When the light comes on today and the corals open more ill try to get better pics that aren't with my phone this time

Christina,

I have to get you your light.... Did Heather explain the delay?

No, I'll ask her today, thanks :)

Looking awesome so far! Looking forward to more pictures. I'm slowly gathering things right now to start up a custom 2.2l/ .6g tank. fingerscrossed

Thanks!

Wow...that's tiny, is it an AIO? or just a custom size

Archived