Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tinpan's HQI 29

Tinpanva

Me neither, we spent too much time modding the hood to fit Dave's Nano Box but it is aggravating to say the least. It will pose another problem when we leave for a 2 wk cruise in May. How to set up the auto feeder!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I chose the HQI model specifically for the MH bulb (fixture) it came with. I never used the glass top and it's still sitting behind the tank where I put it day one. I liked the open look and feel, I don't use the rear covers either. In the research I did, many folks were getting high temperatures with the HQI and the glass top not to mention good o2 exchange. I was able to keep my tank 78 - 80 deg with the HQI, but I really like the way the LEDs looked, and not to mention all the features [the gadget freak in me] so I just had to have them. It was a love/hate relationship with the LEDs, but I wouldn't go back to an MH at this point. LEDs do have their drawbacks, but too many good features to ignore.

• 4 weeks later...

New thread coming soon, not the 93 I'd planned, but this practically fell into my lap and couldn't say no. Going full siphon and using the second bulkhead for emergency drain meaning I had to drill the back glass for a split return, so far so good. Brand new 60 cube. Gotta figure out a sump in the limited space the stock stand allows.

IMG_7012_zpskv01p1sz.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new

20150328_180041_zps7irc4l1r.jpg

Oh man, the cube looks like it will be awesome, but I love how established your 29 is. I"m going to be a little sad to see it go even though the cube will be moar betterer!

Got my hands on a small 20 gal sump. That's another thing checked off the list. Started selling off stuff, most of the LPS not getting transferred.

20150330_210703_zpsbigy9sbr.jpg

reefernanoman

Oh man, the cube looks like it will be awesome, but I love how established your 29 is. I"m going to be a little sad to see it go even though the cube will be moar betterer!

Me too! One of the nicest tanks here.

• 1 month later...

This puppy is officially shut down, lights out yesterday. Everything has either been moved to new tank, sold, or given to friends.

TTFN

reefernanoman

This puppy is officially shut down, lights out yesterday. Everything has either been moved to new tank, sold, or given to friends.

TTFN

:(:) . Sad but nice at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got some pretty exciting news, if you're heading to MACNA this year, be sure to check out the official program book. They are spotlighting this bio-cube. I may have slightly overwhelmed them with pictures, they asked if I had a few to share lol.

Archived