Top Shelf Aquatics

Craigslist fails

patback

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What live rock? The pebbles?

Lmfao the river stones xD

I've never understood why those freaking marineland lights are always so expensive(considering theyre crap) I wanted to get a pair a while back for the Spec V and the guy at my LFS very clearly told me it would be $280 for the lights... I almost lost my sh!t laughing lol

llama roadkill
Lmfao the river stones xDI've never understood why those freaking marineland lights are always so expensive(considering theyre crap) I wanted to get a pair a while back for the Spec V and the guy at my LFS very clearly told me it would be $280 for the lights... I almost lost my sh!t laughing lol
Mine are very crappy. I have the "Reef Capable" Timer ones. "Reef Capable" my @ss!

That is cool that he acclimated a Colombian Shark from Brackish to Salt, though.
llama roadkill

Actually, people do buy coral skeletons for various decorative purposes. There are a few local souvenir stores here that sell at ton of dead coral, it's not cheap either!

Actually, people do buy coral skeletons for various decorative purposes. There are a few local souvenir stores here that sell at ton of dead coral, it's not cheap either!

I know, but mushrooms don't have skeletons.

I know, but mushrooms don't have skeletons.

Obviously.

However, we are the only ones that call mushrooms, mushrooms. Apparently in the coral skeleton hobby our plates are their mushrooms. Imagine what all the kids that eat mushrooms, peyote, etc. think of us? Silly fish tank guys, you can't eat those little anemone things!!

Obviously.

However, we are the only ones that call mushrooms, mushrooms. Apparently in the coral skeleton hobby our plates are their mushrooms. Imagine what all the kids that eat mushrooms, peyote, etc. think of us? Silly fish tank guys, you can't eat those little anemone things!!

I think they are just thrown by the name - mushrooms are typically Actinodiscus sp. while plates are Fungia sp..

Actually really good deals though. If I lived in that area I'd be drooling.

Yeah, that's actually quite reasonable on the pricing. Props to the guy to actually putting it up at reasonable prices instead of "zomg 120,001$ worth of aqurium supplies, I sell you only 80,005$!"

• 3 weeks later...
llama roadkill
Not craigslist but the local petco was trying to sell a kenya tree coral for the low price of only $49.99

Mine had five "Yellow Button Polyps" for $75. INCREDIBLE BARGAIN!

Yet they had a huge bunch of "Atlantic Brown Gorgonians" for $8. What?

Archived