Cultivated Reef

Craigslist fails

patback

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not from craigslist exactly, but a screen shot from our local reef club BST

w09H0.png

Dude is probably trolling, but so far it doesn't seem like it.

TeflonTomDosh

Here is my addition to the list. This guy has listed and relisted this for almost a year and a half. Investment changes from $9k - $12k Wish I posted it back when I first saw it. He wanted $5000 with livestock. The picture was so green, you could not see rock.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/for/3470976438.html

same with this douche. been advertising this for a few months, price never changes though. Some people just don't get it.

w09H0.png

Darn Evansville folks :)

It may go both ways though, I wonder If I am just too cheap. I found this on craigslist and my daughter wants to start a tank now (she's 13) so They wanted $80 for this and I offered $50 They were insulted. I just bought her a 20tall at petco for $1 a gallon. Think the 12 is worth the $80? I have the 28 setup at our house and a 65.

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/for/3517882269.html

seems like you lowballed them pretty good. tank and stand when new is probably around $200-250. i think 80 bucks is reasonable and you offered $50.

• Like 1

seems like you lowballed them pretty good. tank and stand when new is probably around $200-250. i think 80 bucks is reasonable and you offered $50.

I agree. :D

i just saw this

email this posting to a friend SF bay area craigslist > south bay > for sale / wanted > general for sale - by owner

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee More info
Saltwater coral brain toadstool feather duster on rock! Nice piece! - $30 (campbell)
Date: 2013-01-07, 9:57PM PST
Reply to this postReply to: tpncz-3530375474@sale.craigslist.org[?]
I'm selling my nice coral piece. It has been kept in a very clean Biocube for over 2 years.
The white on it is sand.
Bought this coral for $60 2 years ago.

I'm selling it for $30.
Let me know. Thanks

- respond to the Craigslist e-mail address and I'll get right back to you
3M13I73Ha5I55Nd5E3d17d58b46db6d3c1952.jp
3M13I73Ha5I55Nd5E3d17d58b46db6d3c1952.jp
3Ed3G43F65I55K45M7d17273d26b508e91834.jp
3G63La3N55I75Gb5K6d174d926f83bdfd1b65.jp

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID:3530375474

I agree it was a low offer. I didn't want the stand but you cant leave them with a stand for a specific tank. I don't get upset with low offers. All you have to say is no. or Counter offer.

TeflonTomDosh

w09H0.png

and if you think he's NOT trolling, you really are that dude in your avatar.

• Like 1
It may go both ways though, I wonder If I am just too cheap. I found this on craigslist and my daughter wants to start a tank now (she's 13) so They wanted $80 for this and I offered $50 They were insulted. I just bought her a 20tall at petco for $1 a gallon. Think the 12 is worth the $80? I have the 28 setup at our house and a 65. http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/for/3517882269.html'>http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/for/3517882269.html
not such a bad deal IMO. It's an aio and has a stand. You won't set up the 20high with this much equipment and a even a pos stand for so cheap.

Guy says all his rock is covered in live grass!?And he says he has a "coral bandit shrimp".
I've been looking for a frag of live grass for so long. Sounds like a great deal!

My daughter has a good spot to pick free parts from. Her dad keeps far too much extra fish stuff. She wants zoas and pulsing xenia at this point. I had an aquapod that exploded 8+ years ago. Kept all the parts. Building a wooden top with the PC lights from the pod. 2 MJ600 for flow. Helping her build a Fuge from an old HOB filter. On a dresser......... Really long story shortened is that she has $60 left from christmas and the club frag swap is Jan26th

I wonder if he'll sell me that 113lb rock. It'd take me a year to smoke that %#Q%!())%@$%

Smoke it or snort it so you'll finish it quicker.

From Virginia:

Saltwater Fish & Coral (Spotsylvania)
Date: 2013-01-04, 3:03PM EST
Reply to this postReply to: kzmpj-3522144576@sale.craigslist.org[?]
I am looking for coral frags,clown fish or tangs for my grand kids aquarium. Looking to surprise them with a late Xmas gift. I have purchase the entire 75 gallon setup, just looking for some livestock to help them get started in the hobby. I am looking for anyone willing to donate free or looking to provide a great home to some fish.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID:3522144576

Archived