Innovative Marine Aquariums

TheDoogan's Shallow Rimless Reef

thedoogan

8500395491_4445f98192_b.jpg

I know this was a while ago but sorry to hear about the frag. That bleached piece does look amazing though, would look great on the coffee table or as a paper weight.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome build! And holy lfs!

Thanks!

God I love this build...

:)

I know this was a while ago but sorry to hear about the frag. That bleached piece does look amazing though, would look great on the coffee table or a a paper weight.

Haha I know, I have it sitting on my desk. The pieces I cut off the top seem to be doing great in the QT now though, so not a total loss

Great tank!

You may have answered this already, but where did you get the aluminum bar for the light mount? Is it 0.25" thick? How wide? I love how it came out, so I may be stealing that idea.

Great tank!

You may have answered this already, but where did you get the aluminum bar for the light mount? Is it 0.25" thick? How wide? I love how it came out, so I may be stealing that idea.

I'm typing with one hand now so i'm just going to tell you its in the thread :lol:

lnglostsurfer

I'm jealous of this tank....and your bike....and all the amazing trails you have up in Vancouver. There's some awesome state parks out here in western north Carolina but not like what I've seen pictures and videos of out there. Guess we have a little longer riding season though. Great tank though! Really impressed with the craftsmanship and planning that went into this. What program did you use to come up with the 3d models? I had autocad training but ended up teaching myself pro-e, found it to be a little easier for complex systems.

Reefmaster1996

Was in Miami this weekend, and was riding on my cousins trek, I was showing him how to hop with both tires in he air, the back tire was a littl low on air and it didn't have a rear shock, end story I jumped up like a foot and it popped, we went to the local bike shop and my father and I were In love with a 9,000 dollar fiberglass bike. It was a downhill bike like yours it was beautiful.

Oh and I remembered you when I saw it.

I'm jealous of this tank....and your bike....and all the amazing trails you have up in Vancouver. There's some awesome state parks out here in western north Carolina but not like what I've seen pictures and videos of out there. Guess we have a little longer riding season though. Great tank though! Really impressed with the craftsmanship and planning that went into this. What program did you use to come up with the 3d models? I had autocad training but ended up teaching myself pro-e, found it to be a little easier for complex systems.

Thanks! Cool. I'm an animator and trained in Maya, I was tempted to use it but figured I would just get carried away and start sending off pretty renders. I ended up using Sketchup, the free google tool. Very basic and easy to use with a good system of measurement.

Was in Miami this weekend, and was riding on my cousins trek, I was showing him how to hop with both tires in he air, the back tire was a littl low on air and it didn't have a rear shock, end story I jumped up like a foot and it popped, we went to the local bike shop and my father and I were In love with a 9,000 dollar fiberglass bike. It was a downhill bike like yours it was beautiful.

Oh and I remembered you when I saw it.

Hahah Oh man those carbon fiber bikes have an insane price tag :s I wouldn't even notice a difference from aluminum. Was it a Demo 8 s-works carbon fiber? probably the sickest bike ever made

Specialized-S-Works-Demo-8-2.jpg

large_Specialized_Carbon_Demo-25.jpg?0

I'm thinking about changing up the flow, i'm getting some single directional flow in spots leading to weird growth. What do you guys think about adding another mp10 and mounting both to the back wall beside the overflow on opposite sides. Do you think this will get chaotic flow into the center of the tank? I want to keep the right side clear of powerheads as that's one of the main views from the couch.

8547632664_b4c0ed6677.jpg

8546536715_1882e15679_b.jpg

8546535873_aa06328427_b.jpg

8546535029_effded392f_b.jpg
Kfmmartin19

Hey I didn't know u were from Vancouver! I visited Vancouver about a year ago and it's beautiful! I honestly liked it way more than I thought I would. U know where Grouse Mountain is?

Oh btw can we get a shot of what it looks like through the front glass?

Hey I didn't know u were from Vancouver! I visited Vancouver about a year ago and it's beautiful! I honestly liked it way more than I thought I would. U know where Grouse Mountain is? Oh btw can we get a shot of what it looks like through the front glass?

Yes! Beautiful city. I do, I can see Grouse from my balcony. Winters here are tough though, 90% of the time its dark, grey and raining. Always snow on the mountains though.

This is how it currently looks, although I moved the zoas and cyphastrea the the right side. I think I will ditch the brown acros on the island to make way for some color that's in my QT.

8547748940_a43034a666_b.jpg

8546651853_4cda2dbf1e_b.jpg

I like the idea for the mp10. That's what I did with mine.

Ever ship frags? Because I want whatever you can give me. :wub:

lnglostsurfer

Specialized-S-Works-Demo-8-2.jpg
Wow...this thing is insane, haven't done much searching around at bikes lately because I don't want to be tempted. Somehow I find myself in the most expensive of hobbies between mountain biking and keeping reefs my bank account is pretty much nil on a regular basis...

Kfmmartin19
Yes! Beautiful city. I do, I can see Grouse from my balcony. Winters here are tough though, 90% of the time its dark, grey and raining. Always snow on the mountains though.

This is how it currently looks, although I moved the zoas and cyphastrea the the right side. I think I will ditch the brown acros on the island to make way for some color that's in my QT.8547748940_a43034a666_b.jpg8546651853_4cda2dbf1e_b.jpg

Nice shots.

Oh ur that close to Grouse? Nice! When I visited we did a tour of Grouse and did their zip line tour and saw the 2 bears they have living at the top. It was really cool!

• 4 weeks later...

Great build and attention to detail. Your tank is a stand out and a testament to the hobby. I was wondering how the GU10's are doing for your fuge, I was considering doing this as well. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Leatherneck3755

I'm slowly dying inside without updates. TheDoogan is probably hanging out with nitro circus downhilling over the grand canyon or something. Too busy. I have been the victim of busy work lately too. Please come back!!!!!

Archived