inTank Media Baskets

TheDoogan's Shallow Rimless Reef

thedoogan

Sick build. Following along. What type of wood did you use for your cabinet doors? It looks so smooth painted.

Nice job!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey people! Much apologies for the massive lack of updates! I have been very busy and the last month suffering a broken hand.
I added a 6-line wrasse to the tank, built a mesh top to deal with jumping issues, moved all the coral from my QT tank over and added a tunze in the corner since last update. The red planet lost a lot of color before I moved it, check out how much it encrusted to the QT tank egg crate. Maintenance slipped somewhat with the hand issue as well I was away for 10 days and guess what. As soon as I leave my skimmer decided to take a break too and barely work, the pump for my GFO reactor stops working and I'm guessing my tank sitter fed a little to much everyday. I returned to a massive algae outbreak and a few of my corals are pretty brown. So i'm currently recovering from that, vacuumed out and rinsed the sand which is not sparkling white! and getting things back on track and colored up. I will try and get some more updates for you guys!

8849319242_02d30492f7_z.jpg
8848700077_8c6837b078_z.jpg
8849325434_f906107143_z.jpg
8848699929_8211915e8b_z.jpg
8848704081_13a949d11f_z.jpg
8848707551_78cb8c6fe1_z.jpg
8849330888_78353c20d9_z.jpg
8848715263_1df44a0df4_z.jpg
8849340710_b60b6c3127_z.jpg
8849337418_95b1b60552_z.jpg

Sick build. Following along. What type of wood did you use for your cabinet doors? It looks so smooth painted. Nice job!

Thanks! The wood is MDF with multiple layers of primer, paint sanded and finished with polyurethane. More details earlier in the thread.

BeardedReeferLLC

Hey man when you get a chance show me what your running your Radion at. Just wanting to compare notes. :) Great build.

I'm also from Canada. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Deleted User 4

very modern tank you have-I like it-but I think it's lacking mangroves :lol:

Oh no....please no mangroves....

This tank needs to stick to the clean look. Mangroves sticking out of the sump or display tank isn't a "clean look". :)

Oh no....please no mangroves....

This tank needs to stick to the clean look. Mangroves sticking out of the sump or display tank isn't a "clean look". :)

Lol wait till you see my tank

pimp4cheddar

Wow...just read all 12 pages. After the first post I knew this was my type of tank.

Very well done and the equipment is top notch! Very impressive!

Sub'd

• 1 month later...
Leatherneck3755

Doogan!!! Are you lurking in the shadows or riding your bike through some ancient Balinese village?! Hahaha. Just wanna know how the tank is going.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
thadscottmoore

This tank inspired me to build my shallow reef! Wish I knew what became of it. That was the most well thought out stand build yet! I incorporated the maintenance light switch on my stand door- on when its open and off when its closed. Currently utilizing my stock stand, but- I have every intention of building a stand that will be accessable from front and sides as the one in this thread!

• 3 months later...

Archived