Innovative Marine Aquariums

The First Voyage

CAmor07

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do i need to take out chemi-pure when dosing coral amino

There is nothing in the manufacturer's description that would indicate that: in fact, they make the claim that it does not remove trace elements. If your tank is new and you're doing regular water changes, do you need to dose with coral amino?

altolamprologus

Amino acid dosing is only necessary in ULNS and when dosing vodka. Dosing it in your tank will only add unnecessary nutrients.

And girls sorry Alto LOL

Lol! I'm from Minnesota originally and we call everyone "guys" as the gender-neutral term. I was surprised to find how insulting that was go many southerners! But then, they (well, "we" since I've lived here since 1979) have "y'all" which works well for everybody :lol:.

1 x Mystery Coral

1 x Darth Maul's Brother Zoanthids

1 x Blue Mushroom

1 x Cracker Zoanthids

1 x Frogspawn Frag

1 x WYSIWYG Ultra Torch #264

1 x WYSIWYG Zoanthids #278

1 x WYSIWYG Daisy Polyps #431

Ordered corals from salt critters and was one of the 2 who got free shipping at 75 dollars

Can i just do a freshwater dip?

In that list you posted, only the zoanthids will tolerate a fresh water dip. Make sure the pH is the same as your tank water if you decide to do that.

IMO it's easier to just get a bottle of Revive or CoralRX (preferred), mix it with some of your tank water in a bucket, and drop your corals in for a few minutes. All corals will tolerate these dips as long as you follow the instructions. Also, don't forget to rinse them off with fresh tank water before putting them in your tank/quarantine.

Thanks Matt, ill go out and buy a bottle now then,

Wow! Exciting list! Looking forward to pictures.

You seems almost as excited as me (:

Im having trouble getting some Coral Revive or coral x. Petco and petsmart dont have it ): is there anything else i can use as a dip

I read somewhere that just some regular iodine from cvs with tank water and then a quick freshwater dip would work, is that true?

Im having trouble getting some Coral Revive or coral x. Petco and petsmart dont have it ): is there anything else i can use as a dip

Order from Amazon?

altolamprologus
I read somewhere that just some regular iodine from cvs with tank water and then a quick freshwater dip would work, is that true?

Don't you have an LFS? I use straight iodine as a dip, but I use lugol's solution. It's pure iodine as opposed to the grocery store kind that has all kinds of additives. Or go to your local home improvement store and buy bayer insect killer. I know it sounds crazy, but trust me, it kills just about every pest without harming the coral. Add 0.5 ml of it to 2 cups of tank water and dip the corals for 15 minutes then rinse them well and put them in the tank. IMO it's way better than any other dip

altolamprologus
Will it be ok for lps, softies and zoas? all i could find was it was good for Sps?

I use it for everything (softies, lsp, sps, nps, macro algae, etc) except zoas. Zoas tolerate it just fine, but they love iodine so I let them get a bath in that.

Thank you, so just go out and buy the bayer insect stuff, pour .05 per 2 cups, leave in there for 5, take out swish it in saltwater and then put in tank

altolamprologus
Thank you, so just go out and buy the bayer insect stuff, pour .05 per 2 cups, leave in there for 5, take out swish it in saltwater and then put in tank

0.5 ml (pay attention to where the point is) in 2 cups tank water for 15 minutes. Don't just swish it around, but rinse it well. The same qualities that make it great as a dip will also kill motile inverts if it gets in your tank.

Problem solved,

The best dad in the world drove a hour out his way to get some coral rx <33333333

Coral rx is good for anything right

Problem solved,

The best dad in the world drove a hour out his way to get some coral rx <33333333

Yay, Dad!!

Archived