SaltCritters.com

The First Voyage

CAmor07

thegambler26
My lights are just the regular ones that come with the tank, 10k

Ill check out your thread matt and i will soon, i just dont want to rush it as i just added the clowns

Thanks devil, although your scape is pretty sweet also and thanks for the advice alto

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread. The ones that came with the tank are PCs? If that's the case you could put that Ricordia anywhere. Higher up might actually be better.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any advice on where the best spot for the ricordia would be with the lights, i guess whats the best level according to the lighting

altolamprologus
Any advice on where the best spot for the ricordia would be with the lights, i guess whats the best level according to the lighting

Just put it somewhere and if it doesn't to like the spot, move it. They do fine under any lighting and low flow

Thanks and last question, i swear. The way i can tell if it doesnt like its spot is if it curves or shrinks. Is it obvious if it does one of these

altolamprologus
Thanks and last question, i swear. The way i can tell if it doesnt like its spot is if it curves or shrinks. Is it obvious if it does one of these

You should be able to tell if it doesn't like the spot. If it cups upward, it's not getting enough light. If it stays shrunken all day, it's probably getting too much flow or too much light, though the latter is highly unlikely in a biocube.

Hey guys is this a good deal,

These are all frags

Toadstool

Xenia

1 Candy cane head

Cheato

yuma

3 ARmor of gods

12 yellow poylps

a bunch of star polyps

5 really bright green zoas

All for 60 bucks

Im pretty sure it is, im just not familiar with coral prices

These are all frags

Toadstool

Xenia

1 Candy cane head

Cheato

yuma

3 ARmor of gods

12 yellow poylps

a bunch of star polyps

All for 60 bucks

Yup that sounds like a good deal to me. Where/who are you ordering from?

These are all frags

Toadstool

Xenia

1 Candy cane head

Cheato

yuma

3 ARmor of gods

12 yellow poylps

a bunch of star polyps

All for 60 bucks

To add to that im also getting some red people eater zoas in the next week.

Do you think my tank will be fine, its been up for 2 months now everything is thriving, all levels are perfect,besided nitrates their like 5-10

Will just floating the bag be ok for aclimating or do i need to do the drop aclimation thing?

To add to that im also getting some red people eater zoas in the next week.

Do you think my tank will be fine, its been up for 2 months now everything is thriving, all levels are perfect,besided nitrates their like 5-10

Will just floating the bag be ok for aclimating or do i need to do the drop aclimation thing?

You should be ok. Those are all really forgiving corals anyway. I never drip acclimate my corals. Some people do, but I don't think it's necessary. Just a 20 minute float in the tank to equalize temperatures, followed by a dip in CoralRX to get rid of unwanted hitchhikers. After that it either goes in quarantine or the display tank depending on what coral it is.

I dont think im gonna dip them, its coming from a local guy. Dont see a point. Am i wrong

I wouldn't risk it considering how little effort it takes. Just mix up some dip with tank water, throw the corals in for 10 minutes while stirring a couple times, then rinse them off with fresh tank water. You never know what might be in his tank that you don't want in yours. Just my 2 cents. :happy:

Somewhere up top, or it'll take over.

Also I didn't know you were a little younger than I am! Yippee!

What type of lighting do you have on there?

Also, Mike (pismo), hasn't been on in a while, but I know he'll check back soon. when I see him active again, I'll let him know!

Archived