inTank Media Baskets

The First Voyage

CAmor07

jtgordon20

When I was running Koralia's I would put one on the left side acrylic or on the right side on the black back and put the back magnet on the inside of the overflow, and I pointed it up to the surface for surface agitation and gas exchanging purposes.

I also have a biocube 14, loving the tank so far, so fun and not big and simple!

Good luck

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Super CatPig

I would run filter floss in chamber 1 or 2 to get the waste before it passes through your cheato and collects. A skimmer might help with the nitrates as well. And although I haven't tried it you could always try some purigen. Just some thoughts. What are you feeding your tank? how often?

Filter floss is in chamber 2, so no debris comes in cotact with anything else like the cheato and chemipure.

Im feeding tetra flakes, once a day

jtgordon20

Once every other day will help with not putting too much nutrients in the tank. Have been doing that kind of feeding for years now.

Super CatPig
Filter floss is in chamber 2, so no debris comes in cotact with anything else like the cheato and chemipure.

Im feeding tetra flakes, once a day

ah ok I thought i read it was in chamber 3. oops. Flakes and pellets usually contain phosphates which may cause some algae issues. I would switch to frozen.. something like mysis or rods fish food.

Okay, ill switch to every other day, but does that mean i should increase the amount i feed and also i have some new food coming, New Life Spectrum. Any thoughts on that pic, power head placement and whats the most important thing to have runnning if your power goes out

Super CatPig

I run something like these when the power goes out. I have 4 of them by my 29 gallon. I'd say your placement is fine and I agree with JT have the new powerhead on the right hand side opposite your pump at the top.

All chemicals are finally in check (:

Going to get my 2 clowns tomorrow

Should i keep my yellow tail or donate it back to the store.

I like the damsel, but dont want it to cause problems with the clowns which it most likely will

So Effing pissed, had to remove all the rocks to get out the stupid damsel ( even though i sorta knew i would). Redid rock work , got two fancy clowns and a ricordia

Tanks really cloudy btw does that matter

thegambler26
Where should i put my ricordia

What kinda lighting do you have? Ricordia don't need tons of light or flow. Under higher intensity lights they seem to do better lower in the tank.

Is there any way i can make this thread more exciting, seems like no1 likes to comment lol

You can't have an empty tank and expect people to comment lol. Start adding some coral and give it a few months. I know how you feel though. My thread doesn't get much traffic either.

altolamprologus
Is there any way i can make this thread more exciting, seems like no1 likes to comment lol

Most people (myself included) tend not to comment on new tank threads. There's just not much there to talk about. Once your tank gets be over a year old and starts looking really good you'll get more traffic, I promise. Everyone's thread is dead when they're new. It does help to comment on other people's threads and get to know people.

devilsadvocate

oh man, i love that scape! very very nice! :happydance:

edit, see 4 people. people are reading just not commenting.

My lights are just the regular ones that come with the tank, 10k

Ill check out your thread matt and i will soon, i just dont want to rush it as i just added the clowns

Thanks devil, although your scape is pretty sweet also and thanks for the advice alto

Archived