Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Our friend Jeremai has passed away.

Christopher Marks

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh. :tears: I have known Jer here for at least 4 years. He has helped with product development in some way or another via PMs. My brother just passed away at the same age and all those feelings come right back. WTF. This will be his parents worst Mother's Day :(

All I can say is wow... he will surely be missed. In one way or another he has impacted so many on this site.

Deleted User 4

Doesn't say how he passed away. To be honest, I don't know who jer is but I hope he rests in peace because he sounds like a great man.

It's weird how it can affect you. I didn't know him or ever meet him irl, but somehow I'm saddened in a way that I know will set the mood for the rest of my day. I somehow feel like NR is worse off now, that somehow he took a bit of it with him but it is great to see people come together and show their support for his family in this time of loss. Nano-Reef has grown to be more than the sum of its parts, more than just a place to discuss fish stuff. It's community that sometimes appears from the outside as a bunch of jaded internet tough guys. But that couldn't be farther from the truth. The truth is, its really one big family. And once you are in, you just get it. I think this is the first big loss the site has had. It really sucks that it had to be this big.

Well said herranton. Ive been reading old Jer threads and articles since I heard the news. It most definitely has set the tone of my day.

Does anyone that understands how the internet works better than I do know if we can get ficklewaters back? There were A LOT of great articles on there. If its just an issue of money for some hosting fees I can chip in a little. At least get it back long enough to copy/paste that stuff back on here somewhere.

Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self-serving, I shall simply say...[shows Vulcan hand salute]...Good luck.

Couldn't say it any better than that.

Seriously feels like I've been punched in the chest. The Lounge has lost a good friend :(

Well said herranton. Ive been reading old Jer threads and articles since I heard the news. It most definitely has set the tone of my day.

Does anyone that understands how the internet works better than I do know if we can get ficklewaters back? There were A LOT of great articles on there. If its just an issue of money for some hosting fees I can chip in a little. At least get it back long enough to copy/paste that stuff back on here somewhere.

His parents will have inherited the site I guess.

I'm like the rest of you..... in shock!

God be with you Jer and your family as well.

If Chris wants to co-ordinate this, I'd be willing to go in for flower or a plant or something from the Nano-Reef community.

eddiecorrea

holy ####balls. I've been on and off nr for a long time. And I remember Jer well. I thought he was kind of a jerk at first but then realized he was a really good guy. You just had to understand him and his tendency to be short and to the point. He was a wealth of knowledge around here and he will be surely missed.

I'm in total shock right now. Hopefully he left this world peacefully and wasn't in pain. Anyone know what happened?

It's weird how it can affect you. I didn't know him or ever meet him irl, but somehow I'm saddened in a way that I know will set the mood for the rest of my day. I somehow feel like NR is worse off now, that somehow he took a bit of it with him but it is great to see people come together and show their support for his family in this time of loss. Nano-Reef has grown to be more than the sum of its parts, more than just a place to discuss fish stuff. It's community that sometimes appears from the outside as a bunch of jaded internet tough guys. But that couldn't be farther from the truth. The truth is, its really one big family. And once you are in, you just get it. I think this is the first big loss the site has had. It really sucks that it had to be this big.

+1 RIP :(

eddiecorrea

On a way to honor him - His Obituary will be taken off the site on 5/14/2012 unless it receives "a permanent sponsorship" which costs $79.99. I would be willing to donate some money towards this so Jer can have a lasting legacy. If anyone else wants to donate some money for it so we can keep his Obituary and Guest Book online forever let me know in a PM. I'm going to donate $20 to it. But it all has to be paid in a lump sum it looks like. So I could take donations via PAYPAL I guess and then pay for it soon as we hit 79.99. Once we reach that we can put "The guest book has been kept online by the Nano Reef Community."

Donations -

eddiecorrea

Mike C

Herranton

Singlefinn

Hans

Basser1

got2envy

nor_cal_nano
On a way to honor him - His Obituary will be taken off the site on 5/14/2012 unless it receives "a permanent sponsorship" which costs $79.99. I would be willing to donate some money towards this so Jer can have a lasting legacy. If anyone else wants to donate some money for it so we can keep his Obituary and Guest Book online forever let me know in a PM. I'm going to donate $20 to it. But it all has to be paid in a lump sum it looks like. So I could take donations via PAYPAL I guess and then pay for it soon as we hit 79.99. Once we reach that we can put "The guest book has been kept online by the Nano Reef Community."

That sounds really cool. It would mean a lot to his family too I'm sure. Everyone should just throw in a buck or two.

That sounds really cool. It would mean a lot to his family too I'm sure. Everyone should just throw in a buck or two.

That's a great idea! I'm game! ;)

I'll be in touch with you eddie..

Archived