Pod Your Reef

Our friend Jeremai has passed away.

Christopher Marks

altolamprologus

It's weird; I never knew Jeremai but there's something about such a nice person dying so young that's really saddening. Now I wish I would have taken the time to get to know him.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
steviejitsu

I barely knew Jeremai, but this makes me extremely sad. I hope his family the best.

Orange Crush

You people with your avatars are killing me. If you really want to honor Jer, go read Atlas Shrugged, vote Libertarian, and make a donation to the Salvation Army in his memory.

eddiecorrea
You people with your avatars are killing me. If you really want to honor Jer, go read Atlas Shrugged, vote Libertarian, and make a donation to the Salvation Army in his memory.

Why are they killing you? Maybe that is the only way they can honor him because they don't have the money to make a donation.

I forgot he liked the Salvation Army. That is probably where the money will end up going. I'll wait to hear from his sister possibly about what happened and any other charities.

RayWhisperer

It's unfortunate, a great man has left us. His intelligence and wit will be sorely missed. However, not so much as his presence will be. I'm sure the world is worse off without him. All my thoughts and prayers are focused on him and his family now.

Some day I will meet him, if I am lucky enough to go where I'm sure he has gone.

Rest now, Jeremai. I hope to see you on the other side.

Why are they killing you? Maybe that is the only way they can honor him because they don't have the money to make a donation.

I had a long post typed out, but meh, I don't want to derail this thread. Just suffice it to say that I think it should be retired, not flaunted by everyone on the site, many of which barely even knew who he was.

Orange Crush
I had a long post typed out, but meh, I don't want to derail this thread. Just suffice it to say that I think it should be retired, not flaunted by everyone on the site, many of which barely even knew who he was.

Thank you for succinctly articulating my frustrations.

Go hiking. Take some pictures. Build a new tank. Donate to the Salvation Army. Read Ayn Rand. So many things you could actually do to celebrate his life that aren't empty gestures and aren't bothersome to others who felt close to him.

So heartbreaking to hear. When I think of Jeremai I think of a handsome guy with a great smile standing on a rock, in a desert setting. That probably sounds silly, but I know he was a rock climber from the beautiful photos he posted here throughout the years.

I was thinking back to what I was doing on April 13th. It was a stormy day here in SoCal. Pouring rain. It was the day I set up a new tank. The stormy weather was so befitting for what this forum lost that day.

My condolences to his family and to the entire N-R community.

brb, making the elephant my av

Thank you for succinctly articulating my frustrations.

Go hiking. Take some pictures. Build a new tank. Donate to the Salvation Army. Read Ayn Rand. So many things you could actually do to celebrate his life that aren't empty gestures and aren't bothersome to others who felt close to him.

While I do agree with what you are saying 110%, we were doing it in the best of intentions. However, I will take pictures in his memory and donate some free corals in his memory as well. He will be missed!

I wasn't too close to him, like many others, but I feel I need to pay my dues as well.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Very saddened to hear about this tragedy, I can feel the sadness from reading Christopher's 1st post on the incident!

As I continued reading I felt like I had something in common with Jeremai, I guess I'll share it.

When he was born, I was 15 years old, we share the same birthday, March 24th -_- Both born on the East Coast neighboring states, Connecticut and New York... -_-

bump

this thread doesn't deserve to be knocked off the homepage by stupid on-topic threads

jedimasterben
I'm having luck with a cache of his website, I should be able to save quite a bit!

What cache are you using? Archive.org and Google both only cached the main page.

So sad to read this. I didn't interact with Jer much, but his posts were always helpful and informative. (I clearly don't go in the lounge much at all.) He was one of the voices on NR I respected. He will be missed.

He was just a year younger than me, too. That makes it all the more frightening and heartbreaking. Wow.

I hope his friends and family get through this ok. They will definitely be in my thoughts in the coming days.

Christopher Marks
What cache are you using? Archive.org and Google both only cached the main page.

Google Cache came through after a lot of digging. I think only 2 articles weren't cached.

I might not be able to recreate his website, but his articles won't be lost. I may try to purchase his eBooks to see if they're still accessible for download. Perhaps someone here had purchased them previously?

jedimasterben
Google Cache came through after a lot of digging. I think only 2 articles weren't cached.

I might not be able to recreate his website, but his articles won't be lost. I may try to purchase his eBooks to see if they're still accessible for download. Perhaps someone here had purchased them previously?

Your Google-fu is much better than mine. Awesome that you could find them! Hopefully the other articles will show up!

lakshwadeep

Terrible news! Jeremai was such a creative and vibrant contributor to this forum. Even though I never physically saw or spoke with him, I am glad that I knew him through this forum. His photography, both reef-related and unrelated, was outstanding and probably the closest most of us can come to understanding the man behind the posts.

Also, I would like to disagree about closing the thread. Just because some members may not have known Jeremai as well as others does not mean this thread should be closed. Posting here may seem like empty gestures, but it is still something done in memory of him.

Formula462

Oh no, how did this happen? I have read tons of posts by him and always instantly recognized the jumping elephant. I obviously didn't know the man but he has been a member the entire time (and before) I have, and it's weird and sad to know he passed away. That totally sucks. Rest in peace guy.

Also, I would like to disagree about closing the thread. Just because some members may not have known Jeremai as well as others does not mean this thread should be closed. Posting here may seem like empty gestures, but it is still something done in memory of him.

i don't think anyone suggested closing the thread.

some people decided to start using his bouncing elephant av as a tribute and, despite the good intentions, it just didn't sit well with some of us.

Archived