Coral Vue Hydros

Wholotta wawa - 180G Reef - Taste the Rainbow

MikeTR

So apparently I'm a lush.. woke up to find I had ordered me a bunch of cool shit for the tank. Also not sure how this mangled mess of eggcrate on my counter is supposed to work out. I think I'll attempt my DIY filter floss holder with about 8 less beers.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy Lush, what's happening?

Hi Kat..

lush needs new FTS!

All my stuff gets in on Thursday, aside from the mag shelf which I haven't received any info on. I'll take a FTS with the new lights. Phoenix 175w SE's. Got the 175w/250w lumateks so It'll be plug and play. Might actually be able to pull some coral out of the shade now and up off the sandbed. I'm ready to see this tank start thriving and not just surviving.

I haven't seen any black ich on my tangs in a couple weeks so fingers crossed..

I've also had my pH probe sitting in a box for well yah too long.. so finally hooked it up to the Apex.. pH was 7.8 last night. Had 14 people over for Easter breathin all that hot air into the room.. right now it's at 8.18 and got up to 8.26 during the day. By tomorrow I'll have a good idea of what my daily swing is.

New lights get here today... just in time too.. my chiller is starting to have a hard time keeping up. Just a little pissed off about that.. I bought a 1/3hp chiller rated for up to 300g..

Does everybody eat the nori?

Yes.. everyone has a field day.. I'll film it tonight. Some of the smaller fish (chromis) just run around and gobble up the smaller individual pieces that become uncompressed from the sheet.

good and bad... corals seem to like the new lights, they seem more relaxed with the lower wattage, can really tell with the zoas. I'll be setting up a quarantine so gonna be lookin for a 75g or 125g tank. Might run copper this time.

clown is still eating.. my torch coral was spawning and she was gorging herself.

spots on the clown are gone today.. wtf is this, forgot to mention I did catch the clown and do a freshwater dip yesterday and when i checked back on her later is when i saw the spots.

New lights.. par levels right where they should be.

Before:

250w radiums

54edd476-8209-4cfd-88af-8be220fd9ed8_zps

After:

150w Phoenix driven at 175w

809f7692-260a-46da-88c5-85481e12fd3b_zps

Params are lookin good.. mostly. Looks like the next step is to get my sulphur denitrator operational.

pH swing 8.02-8.21

Alk 9

Calc 400

Mag 1290

phos .08

NO3 stuck at 25

Archived