Pod Your Reef

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay Kat, just make sure you get your water tested for K, you don't want to OD.

Check out this A. tenuis frag I picked up on the weekend...

7736264458_95bfdec3d3_z.jpg

Beautiful piece...cant wait until the green comes in.

:wub: do want.

Will do.

Such a perfect frag!!!

Beautiful piece...cant wait until the green comes in.

Thanks everyone, hoping it will colour up a bit in time.

I was underfeeding my corals for quite a while, not really realizing it. The bio-pellets suck everything out of the water. I have started feeding daily with a mixture of foods and dosing Zeovit coral snow alternating with coral booster, K-balance, FWS, and aminos. I have seen an amazing response from corals in just a short time. Better growth, colour, PE, and overall health.

My current dosing schedule:

DAILY:

-1mL Coral Snow (mixed with 1mL coral booster, K-balance strong, FWS, and aminos alternating).

-~5mL Zooplankton 50-500um (target feeding).

-1/2 cube Frozen mysis (for fish and LPS).

-Ca, ALK

WEEKLY (or when required):

-Iron

-Iodine

-Magnesium

-Potassium

-Strontium

-MB7 (bacteria)

-10% Water change

PARAMETERS:

Temp: 78.8 [DA probe]

S= 1.025 [Refractometer]

ALK: 7.5-8.0 ppm [Elos]

Ca: 420-430 ppm [Elos]

Mg: 1400 ppm [Elos]

K: 400-450 ppm [Elos]

I: ~ 0.06 ppm [seachem]

PO4: 0.00- 0.03 ppm [Hanna]

NO3: 0.0 undetectable [Elos]

I was underfeeding my corals for quite a while, not really realizing it. The bio-pellets suck everything out of the water. I have started feeding daily with a mixture of foods and dosing Zeovit coral snow alternating with coral booster, K-balance, FWS, and aminos.

My tank is very similar to yours and I've read your thread with great interest.

Just curious - why the Coral Snow?

My tank is very similar to yours and I've read your thread with great interest.

Just curious - why the Coral Snow?

I just started dosing snow mixed with amino acids on recommendation from a fellow reefer. I measure 1 mL of coral snow and 6 to 8 drops of AA in a test tube and allow it to sit for 5 minutes, then add it to the display. I sometimes mix snow with other elements in the same fashion. My understanding is, the AA or other element bonds with the snow and corals can uptake the it easier and more efficiently. The snow just facilitates the uptake of nutrient added with it. Snow is best added at night after the main lights are off, this way the cloudiness of the water does not cause reduced light penetration on corals.

I have not been practicing this method for very long so I can't really comment on it's effectiveness but so far I see no adverse effects.

Hi Christine, thanks to your links on visual clues to the health of corals, I was able to notice when I was over dosing the potassium supplement! My yellow millie got at least 5 new little growth nubs last week which is rather much if you ask me, and those new growth nubs turned white/burned. I stopped the supplement, did a water change and have not added it again. (don't intent to for at least a month)

But other than that the SPS browning issue seems to have stopped for the moment. It turns out that my photo period wasn't long enough! :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
Looks awesome!
Wow thats beautiful...
Very nice tank! Keeping all those Acros in top color and growth is quite an interesting process. Great photos, too!
Beautiful!! I love it.
This is a seriously beautiful aquarium. I'm going to have to read this thread and learn some things. :D

Thank you all...mpsti05, Rehype, Nano sapiens, IIX, pyronus, and David, your comments mean the world to me, your all respected on this site for good reason. Thank you for visiting my thread and giving me a little boost today :)

Looks beautiful!!!! I really love the yellow/green SPS combo, stage left. I don't know my SPS to identify what they are...but wow, they look great :)

Your tank is looking great. The new tenuis looks super healthy.

Thanks neuwave, it has lightened up a bit since the close-up photo, like everything does in my tank. Hard for me to keep the rich colours.

Looks great! I wonder if you have closeups that show before Zeovit and after zeovit changes?

Kat I don't unfortunately, it's hard to capture subtle differences with a camera. In all honesty, not all corals are responding favourably as of yet, I think it might take more time. Some were not 100% a few months ago and are slow to perk up. Based on what I'm seeing thus far, it will happen in time.

As usual, I'm late to the party. -_-

But......What ever you did in there.....looks much better! :D

Thanks Spirofucci, I have started using Zeovit and am focusing on a stable NSW params. I think it works better for me. I still have a way to go. :mellow:

Looks beautiful!!!! I really love the yellow/green SPS combo, stage left. I don't know my SPS to identify what they are...but wow, they look great :)

Thanks gena, A. valida and A. gomezi respectively. In fact the yellow is really a light green, the camera never picts up the true colours. Many of my corals have lightened quite a bit, something I am trying to correct but nothing is working. I am just focusing on keeping things stable and adding the the Zeo as directed, hoping things will kick in eventually, these things take time as you know :)

Thank you all for visiting my thread, you are boosting my confidence today :bowdown:

Hi Christine, thanks to your links on visual clues to the health of corals, I was able to notice when I was over dosing the potassium supplement! My yellow millie got at least 5 new little growth nubs last week which is rather much if you ask me, and those new growth nubs turned white/burned. I stopped the supplement, did a water change and have not added it again. (don't intent to for at least a month)

But other than that the SPS browning issue seems to have stopped for the moment. It turns out that my photo period wasn't long enough! :blush:

Kat how are your OD effected corals doing now?

How long is your photo period ?

My main lights are on for 9 hours now, 108 watts LED (blue/white), I have just one strip of blues (36 watts only) on for one hour in the morning and three hours in the evening. Total lights on 13 hours.

Kat how are your OD effected corals doing now?

How long is your photo period ?

My main lights are on for 9 hours now, 108 watts LED (blue/white), I have just one strip of blues (36 watts only) on for one hour in the morning and three hours in the evening. Total lights on 13 hours.

Some of the tips are coloring up, some are not. The coral itself is happy as hell, go figure.

My photoperiod is now 13 hours.

Archived