Top Shelf Aquatics

Oceancube - Rudy Vasquez - Major Fraud - Legal Case Won.

schabiazabi

<_<

"Cricket sounds" if i had digitial tomatoes id through them at u and boo

Someone is clowning around here or one of these chums is lying. The scale of the situation is quite clear, yet it all remains quite, dare I say...per-cula?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone is clowning around here or one of these chums is lying. The scale of the situation is quite clear, yet it all remains quite, dare I say...per-cula?

Dude this is serious stuff quit seahoarsin around. There will be blenny of time for that later. Only a wrasse hole would find entertainment in this fued. So just chill out and let the specific gravity of the situation sink in. :P

I've been re reading much of what the buyer said and the seller. I have to say, I am even more on side of the seller. The buyer is here making awful claims, without evidence, about the seller. The real evidence here is that the seller shipped something to the buyer and it was damaged by someone along the way. The buyer didn't pay for shipping insurance AND he cheated PayPal out of THEIR fees. So the buyer is the fraudster here with regard to PayPal. Have fun explaining that to the judge!

I find it funny that the buyer is suing the guy for fraud, yet he cheated PayPal out of their fees himself. Rather than blame FedEx and himself, he is passing the buck.

Also, does the buyer have anything in writing as to what their agreement was? The judge will want to see it and read it.

I pray the seller wins and that he sues right back for libel. I've been through this and got to see how nasty the legal system can be to the naive.

I find it funny that the buyer is suing the guy for fraud, yet he cheated PayPal out of their fees himself. Rather than blame FedEx and himself, he is passing the buck.

You do realize when you send money as a gift, you have to pay a fee right? (the sender).

Making this claim of him cheating PayPal is unjust and made purely out of ignorance.

If you are going to claim someone is committing libel, it's probably best not to move into those terroritories yourself.

I think all the eLawyers should stay out of this one and wait til something actually happens where it proves one or the other is in fact telling the truth (hopefully this happens, but most likely not).

...AND he cheated PayPal out of THEIR fees.

Technically PayPal fees are the seller's responsibility and NOT allowed to be passed on to the buyer (at least several years ago).

You do realize when you send money as a gift, you have to pay a fee right? (the sender).

You sure about that? I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Technically PayPal fees are the seller's responsibility and NOT allowed to be passed on to the buyer (at least several years ago).

Correct and yes. If the funds were not in your PayPal account you have to pay a fee, if they are, no fee.

The seller would actually be the one to get in trouble with PayPal for requesting the fees be covered or a "gift" payment as it is against their TOS and they will most likely close his account.

There are no fees for sending payment as gift to paypal. I just sent money to a friend as a gift. When you send payment for goods or for service the buyer has a choice to pay the fees or make it the sellers responsibility. I'm not sure how much the fees are but if your shelling out $2500 for fish why not just opt to pay the fees to insure yourself. Also, all the talk that it could have been the shipping dept's fault is kind of unbelievable. If a package sorter or a delivery man were to steal the other fish, why not just take the whole package? Sh*t goes missing all the time. This package had no insurance and no required signature. Just a thought, but who knows.

Correct and yes. If the funds were not in your PayPal account you have to pay a fee, if they are, no fee.

The seller would actually be the one to get in trouble with PayPal for requesting the fees be covered or a "gift" payment as it is against their TOS and they will most likely close his account.

Agreed, but the buyer was willing to pay as gift if that was the case. If it was me I would have refused to pay as gift and brought my business elsewhere. A red flag should always pop up if someone wants to be paid for goods with no "official" paper trail.

Making this claim of him cheating PayPal is unjust and made purely out of ignorance.

If you are going to claim someone is committing libel, it's probably best not to move into those terroritories yourself.

I think all the eLawyers should stay out of this one and wait til something actually happens where it proves one or the other is in fact telling the truth (hopefully this happens, but most likely not).

You sure as hell dont pay 4% though, and you have the option of saying NO when it asks if you will pay the GIFT fee for them.

So yea, ignorance? Please...Im a seller on Ebay and have used both paypal and ebay for years buddy. Stop talking out of your ass.

I call it like I see it. The buyer made a lot of irresponsible choices that he will have to live with. Its not fair for him to pass the buck for his ignorance. He made the bed, now he needs to sleep in it. Im all for reaping what you sow.

The dude came here to tell us his story and to turn us against the seller, so our Elawyer talk is prefectly on topic. I hope the buyer didnt assume that we would all hold his hand and tell him it will be okay just because he thinks he was cheated. Truth is truth, and I dont buy what he is selling us. If you dont like my opinion on the matter, get out.

As to my comment about the shipping company being to blame: I am not accusing them of theft, thats rediculous. Im accusing them of doing what they do best. Losing stuff. I have gotten numerous packages missing their contents AND the package being badly damaged. I had a similar story as this buyer, right here on this forum...

I paid for LEDS and their Optics and their meanwell drivers. What I got was an opened package with only the LEDS inside. Did I blame the seller for cheating me? No.

Matt

You sure as hell dont pay 4% though, and you have the option of saying NO when it asks if you will pay the GIFT fee for them.

So yea, ignorance? Please...Im a seller on Ebay and have used both paypal and ebay for years buddy. Stop talking out of your ass.

1.) Talking out of ones "ass", as you so maturely put it, is a physical impossibility.

2.) I congratulate you on having the ability to use PayPal and eBay. I too have been members of both eBay and PayPal since eBay was free. Now, let me climb off my high-horse.

3.) Regardless if the fee was 4% or 20% OR 1%... He paid the fee. So no one was cheated.

4.) yes, you call it how you see it, but what you are failing to realize is that your opinion is not fact and you have no idea what actually happened, nor do I or anyone else in this thread, but OceanCube and the OP. Hence the reason it is best to wait for a proven outcome rather than making a bunch of empty assumptions.

The OP explained his story very well, the seller explained his story very jumbled and without substance. I hope that if these two individuals actually end up in court, that OceanCube gets representation.

1.) Talking out of ones "ass", as you so maturely put it, is a physical impossibility.

2.) I congratulate you on having the ability to use PayPal and eBay. I too have been members of both eBay and PayPal since eBay was free. Now, let me climb off my high-horse.

3.) Regardless if the fee was 4% or 20% OR 1%... He paid the fee. So no one was cheated.

4.) yes, you call it how you see it, but what you are failing to realize is that your opinion is not fact and you have no idea what actually happened, nor do I or anyone else in this thread, but OceanCube and the OP. Hence the reason it is best to wait for a proven outcome rather than making a bunch of empty assumptions.

The OP explained his story very well, the seller explained his story very jumbled and without substance. I hope that if these two individuals actually end up in court, that OceanCube gets representation.

Paying someone for goods, but sending money as a GIFT and paying the GIFT fee AINT making a legit transaction. Paypal was cheated, as they DONT allow you to make payments for GOODS via GIFT payment. Go re-read paypals TOS.

Oh, I think we have a pretty goods idea of what happened. The buyer paid the seller for fish. The seller shipped him a package that arrived, presumably damaged. It was missing a fish, or so the buyer claims. The buyer didnt pay for insurance and opted to cheat PayPal thus losing his Buyer Protection. Now that he is reaping what he sowed, he decides to SUE the seller? Thats BS, and I hope all here that support the buyer, under these facts, gets to experiece the same one day.

Matt

I've been re reading much of what the buyer said and the seller. I have to say, I am even more on side of the seller. The buyer is here making awful claims, without evidence, about the seller. The real evidence here is that the seller shipped something to the buyer and it was damaged by someone along the way. The buyer didn't pay for shipping insurance AND he cheated PayPal out of THEIR fees. So the buyer is the fraudster here with regard to PayPal. Have fun explaining that to the judge!

Also, does the buyer have anything in writing as to what their agreement was? The judge will want to see it and read it.

I pray the seller wins and that he sues right back for libel. I've been through this and got to see how nasty the legal system can be to the naive.

I'm pretty sure the emails or PM will served as an agreement between two parties..

Archived