ReefCleaners.org

Oceancube - Rudy Vasquez - Major Fraud - Legal Case Won.

schabiazabi

Hmmm... Maybe you should talk to the person who signed for the package?!?! You never know, someone could be stirring the pot in your household!!!! Or think about the 100's of possible events that could have taken place leading to this missing fish.

No signature was required. My wife picked up the package few minutes before I came back home. Please list me 1 possible event where a box is not opened, but the fish is not there.

I have to admit that I find it funny how many people try to off load the blame to the shipping company. Even Rudy's nanny told me it could have been Fedex. I spoke to Fedex in San Antonio (Rudy's location) and they said it was illegal to ship live fish from the location that Rudy used. Rudy was instructed to call Fedex and find out the proper procedure for shipping, which he never did.

FWIW, *by* 3PM means anytime before. You shouldn't leave expecting it to arrive *at* 3PM.

By 10AM is also by 3PM, so both were correct...

No, you're not correct. I asked and paid for before 10AM delivery. Fedex has both by 10AM and by 3PM. When you select one the tracking status webpage on Fedex.com will show you exactly which one it is and it will be delivered accordingly.

If you read my original post carefully you would know I was talking about an incorrect tracking number given by Rudy. The tracking number he provided was for RAYNHAM, MA!!. That is not me. He mislead me there as well, and I have no idea why.

Here is the tracking number for "my" fish: 800041588780 (Fedex). Maybe that person from RAYNHAM, MA has the other fish. Who knows. It's pending civil case as of now.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No signature was required. My wife picked up the package few minutes before I came back home. Please list me 1 possible event where a box is not opened, but the fish is not there.

I have to admit that I find it funny how many people try to off load the blame to the shipping company. Even Rudy's nanny told me it could have been Fedex. I spoke to Fedex in San Antonio (Rudy's location) and they said it was illegal to ship live fish from the location that Rudy used. Rudy was instructed to call Fedex and find out the proper procedure for shipping, which he never did.

No, you're not correct. I asked and paid for before 10AM delivery. Fedex has both by 10AM and by 3PM. When you select one the tracking status webpage on Fedex.com will show you exactly which one it is and it will be delivered accordingly.

If you read my original post carefully you would know I was talking about an incorrect tracking number given by Rudy. The tracking number he provided was for RAYNHAM, MA!!. That is not me. He mislead me there as well, and I have no idea why.

Here is the tracking number for "my" fish: 800041588780 (Fedex). Maybe that person from RAYNHAM, MA has the other fish. Who knows. It's pending civil case as of now.

Everyone should have their day in court. It's good for us, as it makes us really think twice about going again...Next time, pay for insurance or don't use the method at all. Insurance or no deal, that is how it has to be.

Matt

Lol That person must have been quite confused when they opened that package to find a clown fish.

No, you're not correct.

Pretty sure everything I said was true.

Between you're reading comprehension and his writing ability, I'm shocked you even got one fish.

Quite frankly, both of you come off as foolish, incompetent and sketchy.

GiantBen, lol, not that I have anything against you, but when you're trying to sound smart with a combination like this:

Between you're reading comprehension
it becomes a comedy.

Btw, my new WW loves the other one, and it looks like I will have another pair of WWs soon. All is good after all. I will post once the case settles.

GiantBen, lol, not that I have anything against you, but when you're trying to sound smart with a combination like this: it becomes a comedy.

Btw, my new WW loves the other one, and it looks like I will have another pair of WWs soon. All is good after all. I will post once the case settles.

LOL. That is pretty bad. Stupid iPhone.

Ok i figured it out, it was an master minded plan by the shipping company, they opened it and took one fish out and are goin to blaim it on the tooth fairy and captain crunch!

I agree ive got popcorn and a big gulp so lets do this!

:D

Auto correct FTL

I obviously spelled it wrong somehow anyway.

Either way, my point holds true. Both regarding the shipping info and buyer/seller.

Hmmm 7 pages later still no video huh? Get the #### on somewhere. This is retarded, don't say you have something then never show it. This is the lamest thread ever....

As everyone else has stated. Should of gotten insurance, not sent payment as a gift, and picked them up in person - your loss buyer

Seller - grammatically, you sound ####ing retarded..and only you would know if two fish were really shipped huh, hopefully you count better then you spell

All the other nonsense - lame lol

If I were the seller, and you took me to court over this, I would turn the case on you. I would get people here to sign statements that your slander caused them NOT to buy from him, thus hurting him FINANCIALLY. Congrats, now you'll be against a suit as well that you can't win unless you prove he cheated you. You coming on here and calling him a fraud is slander dude.

If the judge doesn't see things your way, then ultimately you have gone about slandering this sellers name. Be careful. You are getting in way too deep with this. I've been to court and can tell you it AIN'T what you see on judge Judy. I'd seriously reconsider taking this guy to court, as you bear the burden of proving he cheated you rather than the shipping company.

Being able to buy fish for that amount of money means you don't need the money to begin with. I'd swallow my pride and let this go. Trust me, it ill consume you if you continue down this road.

Matt

If I were the seller, and you took me to court over this, I would turn the case on you. I would get people here to sign statements that your slander caused them NOT to buy from him, thus hurting him FINANCIALLY. Congrats, now you'll be against a suit as well that you can't win unless you prove he cheated you. You coming on here and calling him a fraud is slander dude.

If the judge doesn't see things your way, then ultimately you have gone about slandering this sellers name. Be careful. You are getting in way too deep with this. I've been to court and can tell you it AIN'T what you see on judge Judy. I'd seriously reconsider taking this guy to court, as you bear the burden of proving he cheated you rather than the shipping company.

Being able to buy fish for that amount of money means you don't need the money to begin with. I'd swallow my pride and let this go. Trust me, it ill consume you if you continue down this road.

Matt

I believe you mean libel as the buyer's words were written. To prove libel, the seller will have to prove that the statements the buyer made are false. Buyer has a sympathetic witness, pictures, and a supposed video to support his claim.

"Being able to buy fish for that amount of money means you don't need the money to begin with."

....That has absolutely NOTHING to do with this. Maybe this person worked hard their whole life and this is the one thing they have wanted for a long time and splurged.

Im sick and tired of hearing people complain about people whom spend what they like on this hobby. Its my money, I work hard to spend it how I see fit. Jealousy in this hobby seems to run wild....

I believe you mean libel as the buyer's words were written. To prove libel, the seller will have to prove that the statements the buyer made are false. Buyer has a sympathetic witness, pictures, and a supposed video to support his claim.

Yes, libel. The buyer has made plenty of false statements. The easiest would be that he is guilty of fraud. If the buyer hadn't brought the f word into this, he would be fine in claiming the seller should be responsible for what happened. Since he told us he was defrauded by the seller and to avoid him, that seems enough to win in court. His video evidence won't hold up since he took himself. A judge would ask if he could prove that there was no interruption in the chain of evidence. His witness would have to have seen the seller packing up the package order to have anything useful.

Here is how the seller and the judge will see it: FedEx damaged the package and made an attempt to salvage it. The buyer didn't pay for insurance. That's the real proof we have here. Now the seller is free to sue for libel damages since he was just found innocent of the fraud charge.

If I was the seller, I'd also get a lawyer. The lawyer will ask for his fees from the buyer as well as for damages that the seller may have suffered due to this libel.

Buyer: let it go. This sort of BS I s what makes our country stink.

Matt

"Being able to buy fish for that amount of money means you don't need the money to begin with."

....That has absolutely NOTHING to do with this. Maybe this person worked hard their whole life and this is the one thing they have wanted for a long time and splurged.

Im sick and tired of hearing people complain about people whom spend what they like on this hobby. Its my money, I work hard to spend it how I see fit. Jealousy in this hobby seems to run wild....

You missed the point, short stuff. The point is that if he can buy a pair of fish for $2500, then he obviously has his other needs met. In other words, he doesn't NEED the money, he WANTS it. He just bought another fish to replace the one that is missing. No idea what he paid, but likely a lot. This dude isn't suffering. Needs come first, before hobbies, and this act shows that he took it personal.

Buncha armchair lawyers in this #####

Well it's so simple that you don't need a lawyer to tell you how it's going to play out in court.. ;)

Anyone here been sued before or sued someone else? Im sure you also see what's coming. It would be nice to see the buyer drop the case rather than put the seller through this crap anymore.

Archived