Cultivated Reef

Oceancube - Rudy Vasquez - Major Fraud - Legal Case Won.

schabiazabi

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Reading some of the posts looks like this thread going wild.

Here is the new picture of the WW I received this morning. I was hoping for the fish to be smaller than my male, but it turns out it's bigger and my male WW gave up to the new fish already.

My plan was to turn my male into a female as the male was eating eggs and apparently shooting blanks.

The original female was way bigger than both of them, so I have a feeling I will have to wait for a while to see any action.

Well, let's see what happens. Will have more pictures tomorrow.

female.jpg

sweet, did you order him or pick up locally? And how much did you pay? :)

sweet, did you order him or pick up locally? And how much did you pay?

I ordered him from a guy I bought before. I paid using Paypal. Not everyone is a scammer.

Not that I really care, but just to eliminate some doubt I can offer Rudy Vasquez another $1250 if he finds that female. Half of what I paid. On top of that I will also pay for shipping. I will fly in, pay, ship it, buy him a beer, forget the story, and come back. Fish was more important to me than money.

If you are gonna use paypal use a credit card with good insurance through paypal. Much safer and easier to get your money back. I learned this the hard way as well.

Fish was more important to me than money.

If money was a secondary issue why not pay the extra hundred bucks or whatever on paypal so you are insured...?

I've read this story on here and other sites I feel sorry for the buyer. I almost bought a pair of clowns from Rudy and he too was giving me stories for a month on how come he couldn't ship or this and that. Finally when it came time to ship he said 1 of my clowns had died due to cold weather in Texas and him not haveing heaters. After he said that I said F this I didn't wanna wait anymore I just asked him to refund my money. I payed him right away when he had em posted up he had the nerve to tell me to wait till he got paid his check to refund my money. After all was said and done we spoke and he refunded my money but I wasn't happy with his story tellin and never pursued doing buiseness with him. Instead i go else where for clowns plenty of breeders out there now . Gl with your claim I never posted a bad rating because I didn't go through with the purchase and now I'm glad I didn't buy them

ineedabiggerreef

Ok, Iv read this whole thing now and there seem to be some questionable stories on both sides. However, why would you offer to buy another female from this guy after you have to deal with this mess? That makes no sense to me. To the seller, you mentioned you dont need to "prove" anything to us as buyer/potential buyers, I am a business man myself and could not dissagree with you more. If you as a business want to keep your nose clean and keep buyers coming in you should be able to and want to show that you are reputable and not an idiot like this is making you look. For 2500 I would personally got in my truck and rang the mans doorbell with his fish.

darkwhitemagic
Got my popcorn.

after reading the entire thread, i've decided to side with the buyer:

he can actually type, has photos, and its not much of a scam if the buyer is GIFTING 2500$ to a stranger in hopes he can get it back and keep the fish. also, the seller keeps saying he has "proven himself". HOW? "qwpawefopnhjdsiopvhiopavsfgnioeaishfo" doesn't prove anything in my books. so, seems like case closed IMO, and thats why i dont spend more then 100$ with online breeders such as oceancube. so ya. ;)

Seller is lying. I have a gift for this stuff, although this one is pretty easy.

A scamming buyer wouldn't gift the money.

A scamming buyer wouldn't actively seek out police involvement.

Did OP ever post the video of him opening the box? How about posting that up as the cherry on the top?

I almost bought a pair of clowns from Rudy and he too was giving me stories for a month on how come he couldn't ship or this and that. Finally when it came time to ship he said 1 of my clowns had died due to cold weather in Texas and him not haveing heaters.

This is exactly what he did to me. I wonder if the female died the way you describe in your situation. That would explain the problem. How do you know he does not have heaters?

I have no pitty for the man who spent two and a half thousand dollars trying to buy two clown fish. Thats my entire months sallary.
- I see more and more of this in America. According to your logic this thief deserves the money, because I make more. I do not envy anyone, and to be honest with you if you take a look at your sentences you will find the answer to your "sallary".
- I see more and more of this in America. According to your logic this thief deserves the money, because I make more. I do not envy anyone, and to be honest with you if you take a look at your sentences you will find the answer to your "sallary".

...no he's just saying he would never fruitlessly waste two and a half grand on a couple on ornamental fish. and buy them uninsured at that.

I have no pitty for the man who spent two and a half thousand dollars trying to buy two clown fish. Thats my entire months sallary.

Buy a spell check.

Value is subjective.

...no he's just saying he would never fruitlessly waste two and a half grand on a couple on ornamental fish. and buy them uninsured at that.

A lot of people would say that they can't justify anybody spending any of the money that most of us do. 120 dollars for one little polyp? It's all material things, and it may be worth something to one person, but nothing to another.

Buy a spell check.

Value is subjective.

You beat me to it, and said it without rambling.

Seen as you have time to dissect this guy's spelling, did you have time to upload that un-boxing video yet?

A lot of people would say that they can't justify anybody spending any of the money that most of us do. 120 dollars for one little polyp? It's all material things, and it may be worth something to one person, but nothing to another.

You beat me to it, and said it without rambling.

completely agree. I was just reiterating what that one guy said

"the thief deserves the money cuz I make moar, yada yada"... wut?

nonsense.

I didnt say he deserves the money and i honestly cant say wich if either of you are lieing. I was making an unrelated observation of how rediculous it is to throw money at a fish because it has a little more white on it regardless of your financial status. And dont get pissy because the entire internet doesnt rally when u cry foul. If u didnt want people to talk about it then keep it off the forums. Oh and by the way spell check doesnt make u smart it means u hit a button on the computer that the rest of us dont.

TEAM RUDY!

darkwhitemagic

I think really all that's necessary to reply here is:

YOU JELLY YOU CANT MAKE OVER 30grand a year? (and im not saying there is a problem with that, its just I hate when people hate on somebody just for being successful, ya know?)

Archived