inTank Media Baskets

Oceancube - Rudy Vasquez - Major Fraud - Legal Case Won.

schabiazabi

(Sigh) :closedeyes: when you people learn you can't just slugs on the beach with frithers and nithers wishing and pishing with kids eating scissors dude just relax no need to get tax might just bounce like the big lorax

- Bark Baby Bark B)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(Sigh) :closedeyes: when you people learn you can't just slugs on the beach with frithers and nithers wishing and pishing with kids eating scissors dude just relax no need to get tax might just bounce like the big lorax

- Bark Baby Bark B)

Who's #^&@ing alt is this?

that poor lost clownfish.... the real life nemo

lol, we better get Sarah McLachlan up in here.

yea, but I can like, totally piss farther than you, man

nuh uh. prove it.

Just my opinion. Buyer could be lying. The other fish could be sitting pretty in his house right now and he is just trying to take advantage of a man who obviously doesn't have an established business breeding and selling livestock. Even if he did file a police report he knows the cops would probably be too busy to deal with a "missing" fish. It just helps him that he filed a report to build a lawsuit. He could have staged the whole package opening. I mean he did drop all that cash with no insurance on 2 breeding fish, which leads me to believe he would also like to breed and sell these "rare" fish for insane amounts of money to passionate hard working aquarists who aren't looking to make a profit. Seems like a case of someone wanting to have their cake and it too. I know some people have asked on this thread "Why would buyer lie?". The simple answer is, to get back money for a fish he already has and is hiding or to get another fish for free. Again, this is all my opinion. Seller could just be a scum bag, but I will not have sympathy for someone who says they didn't get insurance or paid as a gift because they just assumed that they wouldn't get ripped off. Geez, I just bought an AI Nano light from a fellow member and was scared #### I was getting scammed. The member offered to cover paypal insurance and payment was sent as goods bought, not a gift.

In the great words of the Wu-Tang Clan, "Cash rules everything around me!"

I think really all that's necessary to reply here is:

YOU JELLY YOU CANT MAKE OVER 30grand a year? (and im not saying there is a problem with that, its just I hate when people hate on somebody just for being successful, ya know?)

PS I am happy with my 2 $15 Occys and make over 30 grand.

You know it is more believable that seller isnt lieing because what kind of scammer that just recieved $2500 gifted goes ahead and sends anything to the buyer. Legaly the buyer gave him that money for nothing. So something could have happened in transit ( which is really what i kinda believe happened ) or the buyer is a turd head. ( which i also believe but not because i think he stole a fish :P)

You know it is more believable that seller isnt lieing because what kind of scammer that just recieved $2500 gifted goes ahead and sends anything to the buyer. Legaly the buyer gave him that money for nothing. So something could have happened in transit ( which is really what i kinda believe happened ) or the buyer is a turd head. ( which i also believe but not because i think he stole a fish :P)

I didn't think of it that way either. Why send anything at all when you just got $2500 gifted to you. If something did happen in transit, where is the dead fish? Or, package came 1 fish alive, 1 fish dead. Seller is not responsible for shipping so buyer claims there was no second fish at all to claim fraud on the seller.

I feel like a Hardy boy. LOL.

I have only read a bit of this, but enough to know that a lot here have no idea how things work in the real world. Video recording? Are you serious? Do to you think that will hold up in court? Prove that the video wasn't staged. No one here can prove that what they show on camera is true. Could easily get the packaged, modify it how I want it, tape it back up and the start recording. Ever seen a flying saucer on camera? Looks real, don't it?

Did the buyer pay for insurance? If he did not, he is also to blame. The shipping company mistreats packages like you wouldn't believe. Sounds like they beat it up and tried to repackage it. I get this all the time. I've gotten many repackage boxes that are missing items. That's why I pay for insurance EVERY time.

The seller should have bought insurance even if the buyer didn't ask for it just to avoid this sort of thing from happening. Ultimately, the buyer will lose I court. Simple as that. Those pictures and recordings don't have any way to prove what actually happened. Only what you want us to see.

I'm not trying to say anyone here is lying. I am here to say that this is the work of the shipping company, but if no insurance was paid for, then the seller is in the clear. Although, if this had been a regular PayPal payment, the SELLER would lose 100%. eBay and PayPal made it the SELLERS responsibility to provide insurance, not the buyers.

So buyer, that cheap skate moment where you chose to send as a gift and not buy insurance is your downfall. Lesson learned, huh?

That's the end y'all. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Camera footage can be staged, so it's useless. Insurance is the sellers job unless he is paid via gift. I feel bad about hat happend but I feel the buyer was naive and got a lesson hell never forget. No more talk of going to court. You would be surprised how crappy court is.

Matt

I didn't say he deserves the money. I honestly cant say which, if either of you, are lieing. I was making an unrelated observation of how rediculous it is to throw that much money at a fish because it has a little more white on it; regardless of your financial status. And don't get pissy because the entire internet doesn't rally behind you when you cry foul. If you didn't want people to talk about it then you should have kept it off the forums. Oh, and by the way spell check doesn't make you smart; it means you hit a button on the computer that the rest of us don't.

TEAM RUDY!

FTFY.

Spell check might not make you smarter but it will make you sound smarter.

I have only read a bit of this, but enough to know that a lot here have no idea how things work in the real world. Video recording? Are you serious? Do to you think that will hold up in court? Prove that the video wasn't staged. No one here can prove that what they show on camera is true. Could easily get the packaged, modify it how I want it, tape it back up and the start recording. Ever seen a flying saucer on camera? Looks real, don't it?

Did the buyer pay for insurance? If he did not, he is also to blame. The shipping company mistreats packages like you wouldn't believe. Sounds like they beat it up and tried to repackage it. I get this all the time. I've gotten many repackage boxes that are missing items. That's why I pay for insurance EVERY time.

The seller should have bought insurance even if the buyer didn't ask for it just to avoid this sort of thing from happening. Ultimately, the buyer will lose I court. Simple as that. Those pictures and recordings don't have any way to prove what actually happened. Only what you want us to see.

I'm not trying to say anyone here is lying. I am here to say that this is the work of the shipping company, but if no insurance was paid for, then the seller is in the clear. Although, if this had been a regular PayPal payment, the SELLER would lose 100%. eBay and PayPal made it the SELLERS responsibility to provide insurance, not the buyers.

So buyer, that cheap skate moment where you chose to send as a gift and not buy insurance is your downfall. Lesson learned, huh?

That's the end y'all. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Camera footage can be staged, so it's useless. Insurance is the sellers job unless he is paid via gift. I feel bad about hat happend but I feel the buyer was naive and got a lesson hell never forget. No more talk of going to court. You would be surprised how crappy court is.

Matt

I work in Corrections, much of this is truth. If it cannot be proven that a video was not altered and the chain of evidence was not broken, even if the video shows the person clearly committing a crime it is inadmissible as evidence to the aforementioned crime.

I haven't been on NR for a couple years, but I'm back in the loop with this situation...where are we at with the buyer's next steps as of now?

1. Capitalize.

2. Comma splices are an elementary error

6b2aed88.gif

Got my popcorn.

Damn I am not going on vacation again! I miss everything

I'd advise NOT voluntarily sending evidence of stalking.

So wait you know all about stalking huh? 0f213097.gif

I'm not sure which is more entertaining.

The guy who sends $2500 gift to a stranger, for livestock sight-unseen.

Or the guy who's selling $2500 pairs, and can't complete a coherent sentence.

They both FAIL IMO.

f4ddbbdd.gif

Sadly I have to agree with this. If i was going to pay 2500 for a pair of fish I would fly and ship myself or drive there and back or pay siwelk to pick it up...c0b0caa6x120.gif

punctuation.jpg

I am so gonna send this to co-workers in my office lol

lol, this thread has turned into a pissing contest.

f4ddbbdd.gif

So after reading everything with the information provided, I have to say this is a mess. Good luck to both the seller and the buyer, hope you both find a solution.

Hello,

"I checked the tracking number and it was showing: Overnight by 3PM. I was not happy as we talked about getting the fish to me by 10AM (I paid extra). When I wrote to him about the shipping time he did not reply. This morning I came home from school and I see a box with fish on my kitchen counter top. I was shocked as it’s supposed to be here by 3PM. The first thing I see is a box that is "over" taped. Tape is all over the box, and I see the box is dripping. I got scared and opened up the box, while my wife is recording everything with pictures."

Hmmm... Maybe you should talk to the person who signed for the package?!?! You never know, someone could be stirring the pot in your household!!!! Or think about the 100's of possible events that could have taken place leading to this missing fish.

Also we are here to learn about marine life and not grammer. Please leave those stupid comments at the sign-in page.

I'm not picking sides, i'm just saying..........................

Also we are here to learn about marine life and not grammer. Please leave those stupid comments at the sign-in page.

grammAr (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Good luck to both parties and thank you for making my lunch break enjoyable. I wish I would have found this thread sooner.

"I checked the tracking number and it was showing: Overnight by 3PM. I was not happy as we talked about getting the fish to me by 10AM (I paid extra). When I wrote to him about the shipping time he did not reply. This morning I came home from school and I see a box with fish on my kitchen counter top. I was shocked as it’s supposed to be here by 3PM. The first thing I see is a box that is "over" taped. Tape is all over the box, and I see the box is dripping. I got scared and opened up the box, while my wife is recording everything with pictures."

FWIW, *by* 3PM means anytime before. You shouldn't leave expecting it to arrive *at* 3PM.

By 10AM is also by 3PM, so both were correct...

Hmmm... Maybe you should talk to the person who signed for the package?!?! You never know, someone could be stirring the pot in your household!!!! Or think about the 100's of possible events that could have taken place leading to this missing fish.

I've had numerous occasions where I would be sitting at home, expecting a package just to check the tracking and to my surprise find that the package has been delivered and signed for couple of hours ago, yet no package in sight and no delivery truck ever being on my street all day.

Delivery drivers do this sh*t ALL THE TIME. They would sign for a package and deliver it the next day. I had to call and yell at someone just to get "i'm sorry sir, let me page the driver". 3-4-5 hours later the package would magically appear on my door step, with no door bell or anything.

I have also seen delivery drivers leave their truck in a middle of the street with emergency lights on, grab a random package from the back and just proceed into the nearest restaurant, acting like they are doing a delivery, sit down and order food, while resting their feet on that very package they were supposedly delivering.

Archived