ReefCleaners.org

JayPagi's Shallow Reef

JayPagi

Here are some new pictures of my recent scape adjustments. This first picture is of the left side of my tank where I took out an old piece of LR and added this dried piece. I have moved one of my max mini's, 2 zoa colony's, green ricordea and my duncan coral to this new rock. All of my Acan's are now buried in the sand infront of this rock and are doing really well there.8304819675_2abd2cf9cd_c.jpg

8305867302_12255f3b3d_c.jpg

8305866452_a3b8eaaacf_c.jpg

Here is the latest FTS with the new rock on the far left and my frogspawn behind the rock the right. It will likely change a bit again.8305868726_ea09296106_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations, welcome to the TOTM Club!!! :)

Congrats my buddy!!!! :)

Wow thanks guys and dolls it was a bit of a shock to me but I'm so happy.

• Like 1
nanolutionary

This tank, quite possibly the most minimalistic I've ever seen and it really works, absolutely fabulous, less is more as they say - the lighting fixture is also unique and works for your individual tank. I wouldn't know where to start once all the kit had arrived how did you know what to to?

This tank, quite possibly the most minimalistic I've ever seen and it really works, absolutely fabulous, less is more as they say - the lighting fixture is also unique and works for your individual tank. I wouldn't know where to start once all the kit had arrived how did you know what to to?

Thanks tlagden ease of maintenance was what I was striving for. I think a lot of people get lost in chasing parameters and perfect PAR readings at times and it really complicates the hobby. I simply don't know enough about those types of things so keeping it simple just worked for me. When you purchase the kits from Rapid LED everything has instructions, actually I believe you can download the instructions ahead of time and get an idea of whats involved. I started small and made a really simple light for my 5.5 gallon tank so I was a bit more comfortable taking on a slightly bigger project for this tank. You have to start somewhere though.

nanolutionary

I was a bit more comfortable taking on a slightly bigger project for this tank.

Thinking about a Giesemann Infiniti love that on MedRed's TOTM then hopefully I can progress onto a DIY like yours once I've got a separate smaller tank to try it on.

Did the porcelain crab ever make it out onto the surface of your previously scaped rock?

Thinking about a Giesemann Infiniti love that on MedRed's TOTM then hopefully I can progress onto a DIY like yours once I've got a separate smaller tank to try it on.

Did the porcelain crab ever make it out onto the surface of your previously scaped rock?

How big of a tank are you looking at starting up? Those Giesemann fixtures are really expensive and probably far superior than a DIY light could ever be. You won't have that LED shimmer but color and growth would be amazing. For that kind of money I would buy an EcoTech Radion, depending on your tank size of course. I've actually been contemplating about switching to T5's once I move the tank downstairs.I really like the ATI Sunpower lights, the color that Rehype was getting on his old tank was amazing.

The Porcelain Crab never made it up that high they kind of stick to one spot in the tank where they can filter feed but my hermits from time to time would get up that high.

nanolutionary

My tanks gonna be 94cm x 34cm (W) x 35cm (H). I was mainly going for the Giesemann because I'm in England and that seemed to be the decent option that was available here having just seen the Ecotech radion you have most definitely swayed me. With EcoSmart live is it the case you have different ways you can set the lights I.E sunrise sunset clouds moonlight?

I still feel without meaning to brownose you too much mate I still think yours is a step up from either to say I made it myself is way more impressive to me at least!

My tanks gonna be 94cm x 34cm (W) x 35cm (H). I was mainly going for the Giesemann because I'm in England and that seemed to be the decent option that was available here having just seen the Ecotech radion you have most definitely swayed me. With EcoSmart live is it the case you have different ways you can set the lights I.E sunrise sunset clouds moonlight? I still feel without meaning to brownose you too much mate I still think yours is a step up from either to say I made it myself is way more impressive to me at least!

That is a nice size tank. Yes I believe so though I haven't done much reading on it other than the features page; the EcoSmart live feature I believe only gives you wireless control. The Aqua Illumination Vega light is really cool and you should consider that one also. It was a fantastic experience building my own light and I'm really proud of how the light came out. These days there is so much more you can do with color spectrum that wasn't really available when I built this light you can create a pretty awesome light. I've considered upgrading mine.

Excuse me for a few hours whilst I drool over Aqua Illuminations lights on their website.

Haha... yeah i know.

I can't work out which one's better the Vega or the Sol, do you reckon they have sunrise/sunset functionality?

Well it's about coverage so I would email their customer service department give them your tank dimensions and they will suggest a light to use. When I inquired about their lights they told me the Nano was too small and I would have to buy a Sol (the Vega wasn't out yet) and the Sol was just too expensive compared to the cost of my light. They def have sunrise/sunset they also have random thunder storm features and cloud passing simulations... it's really cool check it out on youtube.

TOTM well deserved! This tank reminds me of one of my favorite tanks here (ReHype's) with its minimalism, its clean design and clean water. Let's not forget the awesome photos too.

Congratulations! Following along.

TOTM well deserved! This tank reminds me of one of my favorite tanks here (ReHype's) with its minimalism, its clean design and clean water. Let's not forget the awesome photos too.

Congratulations! Following along.

Wow... thank-you very much getting compared to Rehypes tank is such an amazing compliment as that tank is also one my favorites.

Congrats on TOTM!

Thanks very much!

Wow... thank-you very much getting compared to Rehypes tank is such an amazing compliment as that tank is also one my favorites.

You are most welcome! Hype and Giga's tank have been my faves for a while and I'm sad that neither tank is still around (though Giga seems to be brewing something new.) I'm glad there are gorgeous tanks like yours to fill the void. :)

Could you share your other favorites so I can browse some more inspiring tanks?

I'm also learning new things - like burying acans in the sand! Are they still on plugs or rock?

nanolutionary

I would buy an EcoTech Radion, depending on your tank size of course.

With my tank being 94cm (37" approx) long shallow and fairly slim at 34cm 13" approx would I need two Ecotech Radions (they're offering them to me on finance in the UK.

Seems like one unit wouldn't stretch the 94 cm span of the tank, i like the way with the radions you can use them wirelessly in conjunction with the vortechs to create a storm.

Congrats TOTM! Very nice tank!

Thanks Mr. Microscope I've always kept an eye on your adventures over the last few years.

Archived