Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JayPagi's Shallow Reef

JayPagi

Just beautiful!

Is that a royal gramma? Is it aggresive?

Thanks!!!

It sure is. This one seems to be pretty calm overall but I've read they can be.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow your tank is super clean love the rimless look, rock work is very nice. Looks like that filter is working really well. Did you leave the filter stock? Why did you not go with an AIO like the 5.5?

Just wanting some insight because im planing on doing a 20L AIO soon, maybe also the canister your running :)

Wow your tank is super clean love the rimless look, rock work is very nice. Looks like that filter is working really well. Did you leave the filter stock? Why did you not go with an AIO like the 5.5?

Just wanting some insight because im planing on doing a 20L AIO soon, maybe also the canister your running :)

Thanks again. I run the stock foam filter, filter floss and chemi-pure. I thought of doing another AIO but I wanted to make the tank as big possible. AIO's are a lot easier to care for IMO and down the road I may convert this tank to an AIO or sump. Good luck with your reef.

• 2 weeks later...

I've grown frustrated with my current aquascape and a re-scape is looming. I have some rocks cooking right now and once they are cycled I will be re-scaping the tank. I'm looking to improve the overall flow of the tank and reduce the drastic peak I now have.

• 1 month later...

So it's been a while since my last update and in that time I've made some changes. The major one would be a re-scape I was sick of the initial set up and this new set up allows for a lot more flow. I still have some work to do as I'm not 100% happy with it. I also stopped monitoring my levels as much and simply rely on consistent water changes to work things out; my corals look a lot happier with this approach. I hope everyone enjoys the new scape and some new pictures...

Current FTS on 12/9/2012

8258995039_d40122188d_c.jpg

8260058296_183c8d1ebd_c.jpg

There are 3 or 4 baby Yuma's in the tank now.

8258990291_699722c6d4_c.jpg

This is probably the best picture of YURPLE to date.

8260059228_6c35d3c5b1_c.jpg

This little colony is doing really well these days.

8258992029_693b4f0ac2_c.jpg

I bought these cloves out of boredom not sure where to put them yet but I missed the GSP I had in my last tank.

8258993089_c0670dd0f4_c.jpg

After months of searching I found another Porcelain Crab we have dubbed him BANE!

8258994251_ac288e17a7_c.jpg

8260057210_d0c3c8431b_c.jpg

so sick. love the crab :D i need to find another one

Thanks dude. PS love the tank.

Love the new scape man! I'm getting one of those porcelain crabs soon to host my bta!! haha

Cool thanks man. I almost bought a red starfish because of your tank... almost.

Nice! I've loved this tank for a while now. I was one of the first people to comment on this thread once you made it. I was admiring your stand and hoping to use one for a new build that I was planning... Sadly, this build is still in the planning stages and I haven't even chosen a stand yet. :(

How's the Ikea stand working out for you now?

Love the new scape! So clean and everything looks so healthy!

Thanks... things are doing much better than before.

Nice! I've loved this tank for a while now. I was one of the first people to comment on this thread once you made it. I was admiring your stand and hoping to use one for a new build that I was planning... Sadly, this build is still in the planning stages and I haven't even chosen a stand yet. :(

How's the Ikea stand working out for you now?

Thanks for following along; I'm amazed I have some consistent followers. My build took a while to plan and then initiate but you have to start somewhere and for me that was buying the tank. Which is usually one of the cheaper items! The stand has worked out well... I had to beef it up as some members made me a little nervous about how strong it was and I think they were right! Eventually when I finish my basement and move the tank down there I will build a custom stand; one that has a bit more space. Actually by then it might lead to a different tank... oh god this hobby.

Really awesome build sir. I love everything about it! Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!

Thanks a lot I appreciate it. Also thanks for the well wishes I hope you have a great holiday too.

Boom.... MERRY CHRISTMAS JASON

Currently running on EcoSmart Tidal Swell Mode and loving it; these things are amazing.

8304819085_bc42b6b379_c.jpg

they are in the top 5 best things to have for a reef tank. :D

Archived