Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Glad she didn't jump! She was just trying to get a better angle to show herself off.

So I assume you placed that flat rock underneath her first so she could attatch herself???

• Like 1

Glad she didn't jump! She was just trying to get a better angle to show herself off.

So I assume you placed that flat rock underneath her first so she could attatch herself???

Yup. I put the flat rock down in the sand bed and covered it with a thin layer of sand. Put her on it after acclimation. She moved around on it that first day, then when I wanted to move her up on my rock I found she had attached. The rock is rather large for where it is placed but I fragged the SPS around to make room.She is still attached even though she is moving. I have found that for the first week the attachment is a little tentative while they try out this angle and that. When she's happy she's going to get a firmer hold I know it. The only question is will she get comfortable or kick the bucket by week 3.

In other news one of the Panorama PRO modules now has 2 burnt bulbs. Making this the 5th module to burn out little by little.

She's all 'bitch, this is my best side, k' :lol:

:lol: She's showin' me a thing or two.

• Like 1

I hope she does well for ya! She's cute!!

I think it's time you went topless and get Benny or Dave to make you the perfect light.....or just get a Pro!!!! :D

Your tank will probably cool off by a degree or two as well....

• Like 1

I'm going half topless. Although its just in my head right now, I have to try it out when I get the T5s.

As long as the light doesn't hit my eyes I'm good, however I worry about fish jumping so I have to think about a screen. And I'm about to make a scape change too. Maria and her levitating rocks gave me an idea.

• Like 2

I'm going half topless. Although its just in my head right now, I have to try it out when I get the T5s. As long as the light doesn't hit my eyes I'm good, however I worry about fish jumping so I have to think about a screen. And I'm about to make a scape change too. Maria and her levitating rocks gave me an idea.

I hate the glare from my lights so I'm sure you remember I built an acrylic box for mine. Still open top but hides the glare and the ugly stuff in the back, also keeps the fish from jumping out.....easy to make and I'm able to clip a fan on there.

I hate the glare from my lights so I'm sure you remember I built an acrylic box for mine. Still open top but hides the glare and the ugly stuff in the back, also keeps the fish from jumping out.....easy to make and I'm able to clip a fan on there.

I remember, if I have to go that route I'll have to get the box made by my acrylic guy, I thought yours was wood, good to know.

• Like 1

If you're changing your lights and your scape, you might as well just go ahead and get the 650D now! :lol:

(I'm glad Kat knows I'm teasing, otherwise I'd probably get a tweety bird stare!)

• Like 1

Kat,

Time for a Nespresso update - new limited edition espressos. :happydance: I know you like the bolder coffees. (Direct from their site)

Napoli - With an intensity rating of 11 :o , Napoliis bold and assertive thanks to its syrupy body. Its aromatic woodiness is lightly scented with nuances of dry black tea leaf. Hard to believe they made something more intense than Ristretto

Trieste - With an intensity rating of 9, this delicate blend of Arabica beans from South America and East Africa offers a round texture, with fragrant chocolate and fresh hazelnuts notes.

;)

jedimasterben

Hey Kat... Your clam is pretty cute lmaooo

I've never had any success keeping them :( good luck though!

It takes loads of lighting and (especially for blue clams) and they like a lot of nitrogen in the water. When you upgrade to some 'good' lighting, you'll be ready for anything ;)

:) Good morning

I was at an event at the Kids School yesterday. Too much food, too much wine, too much dancing, had a blast. The Tank Sitter is usually not a party guy but he didn't want to leave so we got home rather late to relieve the baby sitter. It was fun explaining to a few that we are brother and sister, and I am "aunty" Kat. They should have known that by now it's been over a year that I host all the play dates and birthdays :rolleyes: I should have taken a date, then they would REALLY get freaked. :haha:

But anyway my phones been blowing up with text messages from hot mamas. Our table was the most boisterous because I had texted one of the moms ahead of time to sit with them. Our table brought liquor from home so it was a crazy night for sure. hehehe.

Suddenly I'm going to be designated driver for girls night and they've appointed themselves my wing women. :)

Tank Sitter was rolling his eyes a lot. You make friends everywhere. I told him it's the shoes. :P

• Like 8

There's a puppy photo dump in my thread to help with the hangover if you need it :P

And how much liquor was at this school function anyways? This is an idea I need to look into.

• Like 3

Private catholic schools here in the DFW area have booze at basically ALL functions.
Either provided or brought in . . . :)

• Like 3

Operation re scape A la Maria is underway! :ninja:

The ninja has been missing in action, me thinks he got home a love interest, ahem.

Private catholic schools here in the DFW area have booze at basically ALL functions.

As was evident last night. They went all out.

There's a puppy photo dump in my thread to help with the hangover if you need it :P

And how much liquor was at this school function anyways? This is an idea I need to look into.

Headed over there now :wub:

• Like 4
Deleted User 3

Operation re scape A la Maria is underway! :ninja:

I can't wait to see. I rescaped a few weeks or a month? I lose track of time, ago, and I enjoy this scape.

• Like 3
albertthiel

Wow ...

• Like 1

Fishy Tales

I had some time to myself so I decided to go to my LFS. They had a couple of gorgeous blue Maximas which looked green from top down, they had a super cute spotted gold squamosa that was very tempting.

But I spent the most time looking at the sweetest little red mandarin girl. She looked healthy and bright and was pecking at the rocks. I asked them if she eats frozen they said doubtful because the shipment just came in a couple of days ago. I had them feed a bunch of mysis anyway and she ignored them even though she was not lethargic or anything. So I passed on her. :(

Got some live black worms. OMG! Even Draco went bananas! omgomgomg

My Bangaii cardinals has been looking gravid since the morning and after eating the worms she looks about ready to pop. I'm not sure this fish can produce eggs on their own without being a pair so I hope she's not suddenly sick or something.

Made some frags, have some shipping to do this week to TX and FL.

One more thing: when I fed the black worms, Draco had his dorsal fin up the whole time. Guess he liked the hunt. :wub:

• Like 6