Pod Your Reef

•••2011 Nano-reef Christmas gift exchange!•••

JR!

Right in the middle. Like el luchador broke it, like so, with his knee.

Then there was just two other single pieces that were pretty small that I couldn't find a logical fit.

Sorry to be a pain, but what I need to know is, was the break at the joint of glue and the epoxy putty or did the rock itself break. That rock is pretty soft stuff so that is where I would expect it to break during shipping. I'll be really disappointed if the glue joints did not hold, but if so tell me, I can take it (I think).

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to be a pain, but what I need to know is, was the break at the joint of glue and the epoxy putty or did the rock itself break. That rock is pretty soft stuff so that is where I would expect it to break during shipping. I'll be really disappointed if the glue joints did not hold, but if so tell me, I can take it (I think).

Oh! Sorry, I misunderstood the question. It broke at the rock. Your glue/epoxy work was hella solid. B)

Thanks!!!!! So now I won't change the way I glue/putty these sculptures in the future.

We should go into business together. I'll make sculptures that fall apart and you do the EZ spiderman sex web top cover thing! LOL!!!!!

That rock structure is so cool...and it looks awesome in your tank, Joel!!!!! Spiro...are you thinking of selling these things? I think you should. I'm sure people would buy them (I know I would). The tough part will just be getting them to their destination in one piece.

Glad you're happy with the stuff!

Sorry the friggn rock sculpture broke! I never shipped one before. Question: did it break along the glue/putty lines or did the actual rock itself break?

It doesn't matter how you put it back together, as long as you like it.

Merry Christmas dude!

Dude that is awesome to actually make something like that. Alot of thought went into your gift. ;)

O hey Joel remember you said that you almost bought me a powerhead. Which one where you gonna get?

The Hydor Koralia Nano. There's a 240gph and a 425. I was torn between the two.

The Hydor Koralia Nano. There's a 240gph and a 425. I was torn between the two.

Yea I looked at the 240 and the koralia 1. Didn't know the difference though

That rock structure is so cool...and it looks awesome in your tank, Joel!!!!! Spiro...are you thinking of selling these things? I think you should. I'm sure people would buy them (I know I would). The tough part will just be getting them to their destination in one piece.

Thanks!! I realy enjoy making them, its fun. Shipping I guess is difficult because the rock is so soft. I tried to pack it as best I could but it still broke. Really though, everyone should make their own, its not that hard. However, I would be glad to give anyone advice on how to do it.

Dude that is awesome to actually make something like that. Alot of thought went into your gift. ;)

Thanks!

Who all is left to get theirs? I know Felicia, but is there anyone else?

I'm still waiting, but I can hold on....................................I molest the the mail man every day. I'm not sure how much longer he can hold on, lol

man - ive neglected the forums lately.. been busy the 'one day in law's' we had xmas over the weekend - got some cool stuff of of him - he kinda drools over the new tank build.. :) Thanks so much secret santa for quieting my protein skimmer - i just have yet to figure out how to hush my overflow and i'll have a near silent tank!

I got my gift today!!!! :D My secret santa apparently thought I was on the nice list this year because I got some great stuff.

Everything was wrapped so nicely :D

20zz12r.jpg

And here's my pile o'goodies!

33xzcio.jpg

I got:

- A nice long coral feeder for spot feeding

- A big mag float for the new tank

- Reef-safe epoxy the color of purple coralline algae (sweet!) for aquascaping the new tank

- New Life Spectrum pellet food

- Brightwell Aquatics Elemental reef building supplement and Coral Amino complex

Thanks so much secret santa! This stuff is perfect! :flower:

Archived