Coral Vue Hydros

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

omgomgomg omgomgomg .... can I take the floss out and add more in a few hours? I can not help but freak out!

of course you can remove some floss out and add more back - thats the point of it!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes you can. It's fine your tank will be fine. Just blast the rocks and check the floss. When it looks pretty clogged change it out.

Deep breath, drink another beer. ;)

surgicalsense
of course you can remove some floss out and add more back - thats the point of it!

Hey be nice! ;) I am new to this part.

Okay, so I changed it out.

it appears she has a knack for wine... just judging from the picture :)

That's just her I'm Cool picture she did just mention she had a beer. I am a Whiskey girl, I should take that drink of Crown ......

Deep breath it's fine.

surgicalsense
That's just her I'm Cool picture she did just mention she had a beer. I am a Whiskey girl, I should take that drink of Crown ......

Deep breath it's fine.

:lol: I'm cool picture. I wish I knew why I were wearing my sunglasses in my apartment at 4 pm with the glass of wine in my hand. If I could recall I am sure it would make a great story.

I believe I wrote I wanted a beer, didn't have one. I do not booze like I used to when I was in my youth. ;)

I believe I wrote I wanted a beer, didn't have one. I do not booze like I used to when I was in my youth. ;)

Ehh doesnt look like your too far out of your youth, i sure as hell dont drink like i used to - i think i would be dead ... Me and my bro would polish off a fifth of whatever a night - kinda catches up to ya!

surgicalsense
Ehh doesnt look like your too far out of your youth, i sure as hell dont drink like i used to - i think i would be dead ... Me and my bro would polish off a fifth of whatever a night - kinda catches up to ya!

I also think my issue is the type of beer I rather drink, when I do ... drinking my bread :P

HA! I remember nights where I would lay down and the world wouldn't stop spinning. Hated that feeling. Now I just can't get that wasted ever as I have to get up early as butt every day, bleh.

Still, beer makes all the nerves go away. Sorry if I misread, but I still think you should have one.

I have a very low tolerance to alcohol. I may even have an allergy to it. One sip and my legs are tingly (not so bad that I can't walk)...it goes straight to my legs :lol:

Danielle...you can change the floss as often as you like. It won't hurt anything. It's a good thing to do to get the junk out.

surgicalsense
HA! I remember nights where I would lay down and the world wouldn't stop spinning. Hated that feeling. Now I just can't get that wasted ever as I have to get up early as butt every day, bleh.

Still, beer makes all the nerves go away. Sorry if I misread, but I still think you should have one.

:lol: no worries ... I pissed my liver off several years ago and I was unable to drink like a fish since. But, I did get pretty smashed at the company Holiday party ;) by accident of course.

I will tonight, for sure :happy:

I have a very low tolerance to alcohol. I may even have an allergy to it. One sip and my legs are tingly (not so bad that I can't walk)...it goes straight to my legs :lol:

Danielle...you can change the floss as often as you like. It won't hurt anything. It's a good thing to do to get the junk out.

I did, thank you and I need to purchase more. I was having a mild freak out session of course because the horrible clouding the tank did once I took half those bio balls out. So far, so good. It is clear of course.

I will do the routine water change Sunday and keep some of that water to start breaking in the skimmer.

I hope your brain coral will be okay in my tank, I am worried about the lighting. I hope it supports it and gives it what it needs. Also, feeding it. You spot feed it don't you?

I change out the filter floss (polyfil) twice a week. It's so dang cheap and easy to do. It just makes sense to do it really.

I tend to agree for the cost of this stuff its like tp for the tank.. And we know that poo has not been brought up in this thread in some time now.. So I figured i would bring it back

I hope your brain coral will be okay in my tank, I am worried about the lighting. I hope it supports it and gives it what it needs. Also, feeding it. You spot feed it don't you?

It'll be great in your tank. I don't spot feed it at all. It may catch some food when I'm feeding although I've never noticed that. And it's thriving...so.....

Your lighting will be perfectly fine for it too!!!!!

surgicalsense
It'll be great in your tank. I don't spot feed it at all. It may catch some food when I'm feeding although I've never noticed that. And it's thriving...so.....

Your lighting will be perfectly fine for it too!!!!!

Okay... excellent. I will ready the sand bed in the front left corner area for it tonight :)

Fresh filter floss:

ab91da4b.jpg

4 days later:

fbde24ff.jpg

Where do you purchase it in bulk? Is what I should of asked... :happy:

The filter socks are for the, Chemipure right? What about the Purigen 165?

I get the polyfil from Walmart or Target. $5 a bag, you can't beat it. The chemipure and purigen come in their own bags. You don't need the socks.

surgicalsense
I forgot to comment on your new tar. It says, "I'm a hot chick, but you better not fu*k with me!"

Thanx Mark ... goofball

More like ... I am boozing wine in the late afternoon at home and I do not know why I have my sunglasses on while I am inside :lol: in the first place.

... this is my og tar, from when I first came on nr.

Have you finished your water change yet? How's the brain? It looked so happy in your tank today. It was like stretching and saying....THANK YOU for the room :lol:

surgicalsense
Have you finished your water change yet? How's the brain? It looked so happy in your tank today. It was like stretching and saying....THANK YOU for the room :lol:

Update in a short:

New fire cleaner

Rehoming Gena's Green Maze brain coral

New GSP frag

Curing frag plugs and lil rock for Gena :)

Water change is for Sunday to get back on the regular schedule. It is still kind of angry -_- but I am sure by tomorrow it will opened completely :) I am happy to help and give your coral some room to stretch.

So I went to Scales'n'Tails purchased a new fire cleaner shrimp and next weekend I am taking my 3g hood in for them to put a higher grade light mod in it. This will make it 13 watt and I will still have the hood. If I every change it to SW I will then go hoodless.

Then we went to Mark's and got the water. Purchased guppies, medium size shells for my other hermits, and a GSP because it was only $20 and I wanted one of those anyways to spread around the tank in certain areas. The new fire cleaner is so shy though, I am going to have to offer it mysis :)

Archived