Cultivated Reef

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
at least i was very discrete bout it

Right as discrete as your own avatar flashing you pooped today, yup, uh huh.

Man poop everywhere!

Only this was pink poop!??? Hope everything is moving right! :P

I gave my kitties a pep talk yesterday and told them they had to put the fish back in if he found a hole in my cover. Andrew laughed at me.

surgicalsense
Man poop everywhere!

Only this was pink poop!??? Hope everything is moving right! :P

I gave my kitties a pep talk yesterday and told them they had to put the fish back in if he found a hole in my cover. Andrew laughed at me.

Love the baby kitty!

..... makes you wonder about the laugh? LOL

Yeah he was saying yeah right! LOL He didn't think my kitties would help me like that, probably more likely that they wold just smack him around then eat him. :eek:

Hmmm......

Trading some nudity, for LEDs?

I'll have to think about it for a while.......

Hell ya, I'd do it in a friggn heartbeat.........well only for a radion.

surgicalsense
Hmmm......

Trading some nudity, for LEDs?

I'll have to think about it for a while.......

Spiro darlin, I will upgrade to my LED in due time if required. I will purchase them.

No trades... now would you get me a beer please. LOL

I wouldn't worry about DC voltage causing a fire. Even the AC before its converted isn't drawing a great deal of amperage. Just do the research, it's not too bad. LEDs need to be soldered in the right polarity, and run in series. Everything else, we can give you advice on.

surgicalsense
I wouldn't worry about DC voltage causing a fire. Even the AC before its converted isn't drawing a great deal of amperage. Just do the research, it's not to bad. LEDs need to be soldered in the right polarity, and run in series. Everything else, we can give you advice on.

Thank you, that is the part I am in question of. Soldering. I do not have those tools and do not want to drop the doe on that for something that might be a one time purchase. Plus I pushing out 70w now. I do not want to go drastically higher. My tank is only 24g, where and what is the happy medium on this with the output.

Wattage for LEDs is totally different. They aren't comparable in that way. You would need about 24 3W leds A cheap soldering iron that could handle this job from radio shack is about $10. It'll get you by for one project.

surgicalsense
Wattage for LEDs is totally different. They aren't comparable in that way. You would need about 24 3W leds A cheap soldering iron that could handle this job from radio shack is about $10. It'll get you by for one project.

Isn't that what you have under your hood? Your a 28g.

+1 you'll need some solder as well - but I'm sure your hand is steadier than mine.. I drink way to much coffee!

I went with 30 because I dig overkill. Let me clarify one thing. Wattage is wattage, but CF compared to LEDs is apples to oranges. LEDs don't draw a lot of current.

surgicalsense
+1 you'll need some solder as well - but I'm sure your hand is steadier than mine.. I drink way to much coffee!

Yes I have a steady hand ... lay off the crack coffee. I only drink one cup in the am only.

Spiro darlin, I will upgrade to my LED in due time if required. I will purchase them.

No trades... now would you get me a beer please. LOL

I didn't mean you of course, now what flavor beer would you like?

surgicalsense
I didn't mean you of course, now what flavor beer would you like?

Oh you mean you trading the nudes for LEDs?

Stella please...

Cool.

Hey barkeeper, one stella, one guiness and warm up that brass pole for me, I'll be up there in a minute and see how many watts of LEDs I can get me.

surgicalsense
Cool.

Hey barkeeper, one stella, one guiness and warm up that brass pole for me, I'll be up there in a minute and see how many watts of LEDs I can get me.

... boy am I having the up's and down's about this LED upgrade. I might just give and buy a new hood. Geesh, this blows.

... boy am I having the up's and down's about this LED upgrade. I might just give and buy a new hood. Geesh, this blows.

If you can afford it..do it!!!!! Otherwise these fine men here sound more than happy to help :)

surgicalsense
If you can afford it..do it!!!!! Otherwise these fine men here sound more than happy to help :)

They are of excellent help. Still does not make the intimidation factor of it completely go away. Because, maybe I am also just so picky about what I want. Maybe I should just pull my hood off and and take a closer look at it also, just because.

Has Addision, asked about anything for the xBox? ;)

EZ! Knock it off ... at least space it out, would you?! :lol: Good grief, man! :o

Somehow I missed this. EZ you can poop in my thread anytime. Unfortunately there's not much going on.

SS, for Xmas I can make you a wooden thing to hang your new Radion from Santa, but, trust me you don't want me fooling with soldering and eletrical things!!!!

Archived