Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
things really took a weird turn in here today...poop songs :lol:

All Eric's doing <_<

I am going to do the water change this evening, see if I can keep this monti alive.

things really took a weird turn in here today...poop songs :lol:

:lol:

GL with the Monti! I want one but I am going to master LPS first! LOL

Then I will get a Birdie and a Monti.

surgicalsense

Thanks :) ... I am sure I did something to cause this spike in the nitrate. Not sure yet what, I will get this nitrate back down and make my prognosis from there, if I can the monti looking stable.

surgicalsense

post-69207-1322710692_thumb.jpg

Stomatella snail ... my cool hitchhiker ... the snail is right under the monti in the picture.

It was finally in a nice location to take it's picture... yup, under my ill monti <_<

OK, so just got home from work and had a beer or two....

I didn't think so but I guess I have more than a dry wit sense of humor than I think. I am rarely serious except if my tank is crashing and so far, how would I even know?

You guys are great!

BTW, Have you thought anymore about improved lighting, like those stick on led strips? I was thinking os those myself.

surgicalsense
OK, so just got home from work and had a beer or two....

I didn't think so but I guess I have more than a dry wit sense of humor than I think. I am rarely serious except if my tank is crashing and so far, how would I even know?

You guys are great!

BTW, Have you thought anymore about improved lighting, like those stick on led strips? I was thinking os those myself.

You mean the led kits for these AIO hood upgrades?

I haven't researched it yet but I think there is a company that has a LED stip thing that you can put underneath your hood that isn't outrageously expensive. I'm sure that if you ask there are many folks that have done similar things until you can afford one of those cool LED expensive units ie, AI or Radion.

Eventually, I'm gonna look into the radion.

I haven't researched it yet but I think there is a company that has a LED stip thing that you can put underneath your hood that isn't outrageously expensive. I'm sure that if you ask there are many folks that have done similar things until you can afford one of those cool LED expensive units ie, AI or Radion.

"Stunner Strips" are very common to stick on underneath the AIO tank setups

surgicalsense

If I rule out the issues with my monti and the last remaining issue is my lighting that is where I will have to step back and revaluate what I am doing. Coral purchasing come to stand still to get my lighting up to par. Spoke with Boost yesterday, unfornuately they do not accomidate AIO hood tanks such as my own. So I shall move forward.

I will have results after this evening and extend it into this weekend with my No spike.

GL! I bet you can keep it alive. ;)

I'm thinking LED's down the road, was showing my husband and he was talking about DIY, this was while he was reading the Marine Depot catalog that came with the UV.

LMAO he is getting into it so funny!

surgicalsense

Excellent ... mine likes to disagree with me about it :angry: ... lame really, like I haven't the foggest about what I am doing even in this stage of learning the hobby.

Miss Gena has LEDs, right? Her tank is way cool. What does she think about your lighting? Doesn't she have the stick on type????

Excellent ... mine likes to disagree with me about it :angry: ... lame really, like I haven't the foggest about what I am doing even in this stage of learning the hobby.

LOL mine is always asking questions now like what's this, what's that etc! LMAO

Poop Mouth, you have poop in your mouth! LMAO EZ that's the best movie ever! "I'm in a glass box of emotion" "The bad man punted Baxter!" :lol:

surgicalsense
tell him he has a poop mouth!

Omg :lol:

Miss Gena has LEDs, right? Her tank is way cool. What does she think about your lighting? Doesn't she have the stick on type????

She does and right now we figured my lighting was okay but, this was before I decided to buy a monti.... and no, she has the kit that was installed and replaced the stock lighting.

LOL mine is always asking questions now like what's this, what's that etc! LMAO

Poop Mouth, you have poop in your mouth! LMAO EZ that's the best movie ever! "I'm in a glass box of emotion" "The bad man punted Baxter!" :lol:

Well in a nutshell, we started this together, but I took over completely. Mainly because he wasn't learning the things that needed to be done to keep it thriving and such. His concept was add, water, fish, LR/LS and some CUC with just a few corals and let it do it's thing. Which is not completely false, yet really isn't how it is done as we all know. So ... :mellow:

surgicalsense
:o:flower:

;) ... not mad. You would know if I was, "upset" ... beside I have no real grounds for it. Lets space the poop out :mellow: LOL!

On another note: I have a curious question...

Would dosing/oyster feast/snow my tank cause a spike in No .... either feed at the sametime or even spaced out.

surgicalsense
Nice new avatar! Is Mr. tootsie roll guy in there?

Mine? It still does not show as uploading on my end. If so, no... no turd in the avatar. LOL

Would dosing/oyster feast/snow my tank cause a spike in No .... either feed at the sametime or even spaced out.

yes... i have read that if to much is added it can cause a spike in No and even cause bad algae problems. I would cut back on the use of feast/snow.

prolly not good to add everyday... think of it more as a treat... like carrot cake 4 your tank. Yum!

surgicalsense
yes... i have read that if to much is added it can cause a spike in No and even cause bad algae problems. I would cut back on the use of feast/snow.

prolly not good to add everyday... think of it more as a treat... like carrot cake 4 your tank. Yum!

I do not feed them that stuff everyday. Matter of fact I space it out purposefully, instinct with the metabolism of my tank.

Also, when I do dose, I do not give the amount be the instructions. It is way to much per scale for the size of my tank and the consentration. If that makes sense...

Archived