Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

yeah... i have the marine snow... and add it prolly once a week, maybe just a third of a cupful. I mix it with other goodies(mysis.cylop.etc) and use it to spot feed my corals. that reminds me, its been about a week and a half since i last did that.

"POOP!"

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense

When I was dosing the vitas and oyster feast, my numbers were normal ... somewhere along that line something must of happened... okay, oh well this is a easy fix in my eyes as long as it is handled promptly.

I have been doing that once aweek.... However, I think I will modify that now and change up the dosing a tad.... so basically I have figured out my No spike issue and thank you folks. I greatly am thankful for the additional help. Yay! :)

Now to bring my No down again....

yes... i have read that if to much is added it can cause a spike in No and even cause bad algae problems. I would cut back on the use of feast/snow.

prolly not good to add everyday... think of it more as a treat... like carrot cake 4 your tank. Yum!

My dog goes crazy for carrots.

She needs a skimmer so she can feed more than once a week :)

Now that I'm doing 3-4 times a week my coral color and growth are heads and shoulders above anything I saw in the 20.

surgicalsense
Have you considered just getting the stock LED hood? I know it's not cheap, but no DIY.

Yes, and you do recall the look on my face when talked about it at Vivid. Hahaha

DIY LED should be left up to smart teenage engineering types, so you don't have to worry about your place burning down because you screwed up a home made electrical device, at least that would be my worry!

DIY LED should be left up to smart teenage engineering types, so you don't have to worry about your place burning down because you screwed up a home made electrical device, at least that would be my worry!

+1

Why I wont touch it. If anyone does it will be my techie of a Husband not me.

I don't play with electricity.

surgicalsense

Spiro, it comes down to the DIY kits and what is required of them per install. Least for my scope of doing it. I just need to do my homework on this.

surgicalsense
^ Why I bought my fixtures. :lol:

I could just see the smoldering remains of my house on the 6 o'clock news had built my lights.

:lol: .... but, Joel you have the fixture hanging above your tank. I am not going to go topless with my JBJ and a YWG that does and has gone awahl before. Least not with this current setup.

Homework, homework, homework for me -_- is all. I know I can do it...

Joel that is $400 <_<

DIY!!! Cmon.... its not that bad.. lets find the odds of a house fire

The odds of your house burning down are pretty small. It happens to just .08 percent of U.S. citizens.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_aver...e#ixzz1fJUDScPI

Its not that bad.. I've seen some really ragged teenage car wiring projects - out of years of competing only seen 1 car fire.. and this is teenagers...

Joel that is $400 <_<

$400 well spent. :P

The odds of your house burning down are pretty small. It happens to just .08 percent of U.S. citizens.

Those .08% have the same level of DIY skillz as myself. They just refused to believe they couldn't do it :lol:

Going topless could possibly pay for the whole thing.

Oh shlt, wrong website again.

surgicalsense
DIY!!! Cmon.... its not that bad.. lets find the odds of a house fire

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_aver...e#ixzz1fJUDScPI

Its not that bad.. I've seen some really ragged teenage car wiring projects - out of years of competing only seen 1 car fire.. and this is teenagers...

I am not a teenager ... LOL

surgicalsense
Going topless could possibly pay for the whole thing.

Oh shlt, wrong website again.

:lol: .... I wasn't considering striping for upgrade the tank hood :huh:

surgicalsense
awe that could make ya the money :)

... and so could selling, Avon. However, I am not doing either. LOL

but the YWG might like it :lol:

Right, hardwood floor surfing. Unless, Ella my cat gets to it first. :P

Archived