Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Yoshii's 55g Makeover » Second Time's the Charm!

yoshii

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could have sworn I posted pics forever ago >.<

IMG_6246_zpsd366c3f1.jpg

He's a dull colored male, but he loves pellets

I'm hoping to get him some ladies soon

Wow! Fantastic picture. I can't take a picture of my fish for the life of me. They move around entirely too much :rolleyes:

Wow! Fantastic picture. I can't take a picture of my fish for the life of me. They move around entirely too much :rolleyes:

Fast shutter speed and good light is key :)

Here I was lazy and just used flash and 1/100 sec exposure

Clownfish and wrasses are the hardest to photograph

Oh, small update:

I got an awesome yellow branching porites today :D

Clownfish and wrasses are the hardest to photograph

Oh, small update:

I got an awesome yellow branching porites today :D

Sucks that I have 2 clownfish and a wrasse then huh? :rolleyes:

I love porites! I got one as a freebie from AquaSD and it's one of my new favorite corals.

Good luck with yours!

Sucks that I have 2 clownfish and a wrasse then huh? :rolleyes:

I love porites! I got one as a freebie from AquaSD and it's one of my new favorite corals.

Good luck with yours!

Haha yeah, good luck :) Usually if you take enough pics of the clowns, even with a slower shutter speed, you'll get some decent ones

Aren't they neat? Yellow is my favorite color too :happy:

Thanks Kat :)

Also, I picked up this clam today (the one in the middle) It's more blue than in this pic, I love it :D

IMG_6121.jpg

Mmm, looks spensive. :3

Good. If it was only like 1.5" like the ones ORA typically sells I was gonna be like WTF, but it's a good price for one that big. :)

Has its mantle been like that or is it fully extended?

$100-something

:mellow: I find myself having a hard time even paying $30 for a plant this size... http://i46.tinypic.com/ioiviw.jpg

I learned not to throw away money is my point, but I regret it sometimes because there's some things I really wanted that I passed up. I wish I could spend $100 on a plant, which I completely can afford at most times, but I just don't because I don't want to spend a lot of money. I've turned into a cheap freak. Don't ever let yourself do that. Keep buying expensive pretty clams! DX

I really like the pattern on it. Okay, so did you buy it online or IRL? Does it looks vibrant from the side as well? :D

Maybe like 5-6"

That's almost as big as my... Nepenthes burbidgeae x edwardsiana! It's only 7". :tears:

Good. If it was only like 1.5" like the ones ORA typically sells I was gonna be like WTF, but it's a good price for one that big. :)

Has its mantle been like that or is it fully extended?

Lol it's a Tathian Maxima, that's why it's more $$$ (And totally worth it!)

The mantle comes out more than that

I really like the pattern on it. Okay, so did you buy it online or IRL? Does it looks vibrant from the side as well? :D

That's almost as big as my... Nepenthes burbidgeae x edwardsiana! It's only 7". :tears:

The only plants I buy are for my mom

From my LFS, it's not as bright blue, but still blue

Lol it's a Tathian Maxima, that's why it's more $$$ (And totally worth it!)

The mantle comes out more than that

Good deal, these two parts had me worried

IMG_6121.jpg

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Sad news guys...the Randall's Anthias jumped today :tears:

I thought another one of your fish jumped a few weeks back? You didn't cover you tank? ;o

So sorry to hear this though. I needed like a cover for my lowland terrarium in my greenhouse, so I like got some eggcrate and wrapped it in saran wrap and it like made a seal and like double-layer insulation stuff to keep the heat in and it should stop some evaporation I guess... Not sure if that would dim the light too much though. ;A;

Oh, are you and alto still working at that store that I don't know the name of now because it changed? So Nepenthes like live in highland where there's like limestone and such and they like grow on the rocks and the limestone like makes a natural source of calcium and stuff, so like there was this guy that had the idea to put shells into the medium to naturally release calcium, right? So then I was like, "Oh my god, I can use crushed SPS to release calcium into the medium as long as I rinse it in RO to get off any salt and minerals." So I was thinking, "Where can I get crushed SPS?" And then I was like, "Wait, at Yoshii and Alto's store they had like sumps with some dead corals in there in the liverock party bin thingies!" So then I thought I'd ask you if you guys still had those tanks up and running... Do you sell the SPS skeletons as live rock? How much are they per pound if you do sell them?

Kthxbai. XD

I thought another one of your fish jumped a few weeks back? You didn't cover you tank? ;o

So sorry to hear this though. I needed like a cover for my lowland terrarium in my greenhouse, so I like got some eggcrate and wrapped it in saran wrap and it like made a seal and like double-layer insulation stuff to keep the heat in and it should stop some evaporation I guess... Not sure if that would dim the light too much though. ;A;

Oh, are you and alto still working at that store that I don't know the name of now because it changed? So Nepenthes like live in highland where there's like limestone and such and they like grow on the rocks and the limestone like makes a natural source of calcium and stuff, so like there was this guy that had the idea to put shells into the medium to naturally release calcium, right? So then I was like, "Oh my god, I can use crushed SPS to release calcium into the medium as long as I rinse it in RO to get off any salt and minerals." So I was thinking, "Where can I get crushed SPS?" And then I was like, "Wait, at Yoshii and Alto's store they had like sumps with some dead corals in there in the liverock party bin thingies!" So then I thought I'd ask you if you guys still had those tanks up and running... Do you sell the SPS skeletons as live rock? How much are they per pound if you do sell them?

Kthxbai. XD

That was a blenny in my 3g. I have a cover for this tank, it was just left off on Sat

I don't quite know what you're talking about....but why not get some crushed coral substrate?

Although how are you going to get it to dissolve in the soil?

On the bright side, I have 3 Dispars in quarantine :)

That was a blenny in my 3g. I have a cover for this tank, it was just left off on Sat

I don't quite know what you're talking about....but why not get some crushed coral substrate?

Although how are you going to get it to dissolve in the soil?

On the bright side, I have 3 Dispars in quarantine :)

No like I'd just put the crushed SPS skeletons into the medium in the plant pots and it would slowly release calcium over time. Would crushed coral substrate be the same as fresh SPS?

Archived