SaltCritters.com

Yoshii's 55g Makeover » Second Time's the Charm!

yoshii

Nate!!! You're back? :D

Nothing much going on with my tanks, been kinda meh about them lately...

But, I'm picking up a female Royal Gramma and trying to decide if I should get a trio of Limbaughi Chromis or not

No, those look like damsels... :P

Royal Grammas are nice. Maybe I've said this to you already, but when I was little I used to go to an aquarium store that closed down after a while, but they had royal grammas in beta containers with no lids. My dad and I would flick the containers and they would jump out onto the floor and start flopping around and then I would go and get the sales associate. At the time I was like 4 or 5 so I was like, "Um excuse me mister," while giggling, "one of the pink fish jumped out onto the floor!" and I would run away laughing. We would do this a few times per visit, it was so funny. We called them pink floppers. We did it to both the pink ones, and the pink and yellow ones. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WhatUPdates Yoshii?

I thought you lived in Orinda? Well unless you moved, you got voted #2 friendliest city in America. Somebody definitely has connections... No way in heck that is true. :lol:

+1 to updates. :D

Lafayette, 5-10 minutes from Orinda. I like Lafayette more, but Orinda is still awesome.

Hahaha yeah right Orinda is awesome. The people that live there are so mean. Not all of them obviously, I bet some are nice, but a majority are horrible. So you moved? Because I remember your location being Orinda...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, tank is ugly (all my tanks)...not much going on at all, I just haven't really been keeping up with my tanks lately :(

Yeah, that happened to me too... :debbiedowner:

• 3 weeks later...

The other day I spent some time cleaning up this tank/system, moved some rocks and corals around...I like it much better :)

So yesterday I picked up 4 more Dispars (Idk if I'm keeping all of them..maybe just 2-3), a female Green Mandarin and a weird cave goby thing...idk what it is yet, but it's super cute and reminds me of Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon :3

• Like 1

The other day I spent some time cleaning up this tank/system, moved some rocks and corals around...I like it much better :)

So yesterday I picked up 4 more Dispars (Idk if I'm keeping all of them..maybe just 2-3), a female Green Mandarin and a weird cave goby thing...idk what it is yet, but it's super cute and reminds me of Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon :3

I'll take the other dispar. :P

IMG_1739_zps406659ad.jpg

Totally naming him Toothless, look at that face! :wub:

Good choice on the name! He really does look like Toothless. :lol:

jedimasterben

I got three dispars recently. They're gorgeous! And my other anthias have trained them onto dry foods. :D

IMG_1739_zps406659ad.jpg

Totally naming him Toothless, look at that face! :wub:

I'd say Toofless instead. :lol:

I love Dispars (+Anthias in general), they're kinda shy at first but the two older ones I have in my 55 are awesome, they greet me and beg for pellets everytime I go up to the tank

Some of the new ones are eating some pellets, I'm hoping the others will catch on soon.

The cave goby is so cute when he eats, he'll be sitting on the bottom, then when he sees a pellet rolling along the bottom he zooms over, eats it, then quickly pivots around looking for more

I'll take the other dispar. :P

Aww you have to have at least two, they don't like being loners!

I'll see how many I want to keep...gotta train them all on pellets first

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I love Dispars (+Anthias in general), they're kinda shy at first but the two older ones I have in my 55 are awesome, they greet me and beg for pellets everytime I go up to the tank

Some of the new ones are eating some pellets, I'm hoping the others will catch on soon.

Anthias are by far my favorite fish now. I've got Bartlett's, lyretail, stocky (by accident, was supposed to be lyretail), and dispar. The dispar acclimated well and quickly and becoming more colorful it seems by the day. They are much larger than any of my other anthias right now, so they're kinda bullies, but when food time comes they usually retreat to the rocks and snatch pellets/cyclops as they fly by.

The cave goby is so cute when he eats, he'll be sitting on the bottom, then when he sees a pellet rolling along the bottom he zooms over, eats it, then quickly pivots around looking for more

Aww you have to have at least two, they don't like being loners!

I'll see how many I want to keep...gotta train them all on pellets first

LOL I can't really keep a dispar. I'm pretty sure he/she would not like being stuck in a 20g. :P

PS; I want more sexay shrimp yo.

Anthias are by far my favorite fish now. I've got Bartlett's, lyretail, stocky (by accident, was supposed to be lyretail), and dispar. The dispar acclimated well and quickly and becoming more colorful it seems by the day. They are much larger than any of my other anthias right now, so they're kinda bullies, but when food time comes they usually retreat to the rocks and snatch pellets/cyclops as they fly by.

I love Lyretails and Bartlett's, but they can be mean! Stockys are pretty aggressive too...

I'm surprised the Dispars are being the bullies, how much bigger are they compared to the other Anthias?

LOL I can't really keep a dispar. I'm pretty sure he/she would not like being stuck in a 20g. :P

PS; I want more sexay shrimp yo.

Ah, true true

Come and get em yo.

• 3 weeks later...
jedimasterben

I love Lyretails and Bartlett's, but they can be mean! Stockys are pretty aggressive too...

I'm surprised the Dispars are being the bullies, how much bigger are they compared to the other Anthias?

Uhh, significantly. :lol: They're full-size, about 3.5", next are the Bartlett's at about 2", the lyretail is maybe 3/4"-1", and the stocky is about 2", so all the others are juvies. They calmed down now after they got used to my feeding regime - 3-4 times daily with pellets, then once with either mysis or cyclopeeze, and sometimes both.

Not really an update, but since we were talking about Anthias, here's my old Lyretail Anthias saying hi at the LFS

IMG_2213.jpg

Esta muy bonita!

Uhh, significantly. :lol: They're full-size, about 3.5", next are the Bartlett's at about 2", the lyretail is maybe 3/4"-1", and the stocky is about 2", so all the others are juvies. They calmed down now after they got used to my feeding regime - 3-4 times daily with pellets, then once with either mysis or cyclopeeze, and sometimes both.

Esta muy bonita!

Wow, that's a tiny little Lyretail! When the others grow the Dispars won't be the boss anymore

He's been enjoying the extra swimming space and being king of the tank :)

jedimasterben

Wow, that's a tiny little Lyretail! When the others grow the Dispars won't be the boss anymore

He's been enjoying the extra swimming space and being king of the tank :)

I haven't seen any bickering for the last week, I'm pretty sure they're all too full to fight. They all have nice bellies. :lol:

jedimasterben

I wish I could get some anthias, I think for my stock I'll have like 6 dart fish and 2 clownfish plus a rock/sand dweller. That'd be awesome.

What is stopping you?

Archived