SaltCritters.com

Yoshii's 55g Makeover » Second Time's the Charm!

yoshii

jedimasterben
No like I'd just put the crushed SPS skeletons into the medium in the plant pots and it would slowly release calcium over time. Would crushed coral substrate be the same as fresh SPS?

The calcium won't really dissolve unless in the presence of an acid.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The calcium won't really dissolve unless in the presence of an acid.

Oja, my plants grow in acidic soil and I pour coffee in there regularly.

Euphy, think of how a calcium reactor works

I actually don't know how those work... I just know you put like crushed coral into the thingy, that's all though. :3

jedimasterben
I actually don't know how those work... I just know you put like crushed coral into the thingy, that's all though. :3

They work by injecting carbon dioxide into the water in the same chamber as the calcium to be dissolved is in. The CO2 lowers the pH down to I think around 5.5-6 and begins to dissolve.

A few days ago I got a new pretty red lobo I've been eyeing at the LFS for a while :)

Update on the Dispars: Females are braver than the wimpy male, but they all love pellets

post-53893-1350943526_thumb.jpg

What pellets are you feeding the anthias?

Right now NLS pellets, but they ate Ocean Nutrition and Otohime at the LFS

Amazing lobo!

I also will be checking out a 60 gallon in San Jose tomorrow for my b-day present! :happy:

Isn't it pretty? :)

Happy B-Day!

Perhaps you should start your own tank thread instead of using yoshii's :)

Peeheehee, I think he was just letting her know he got the tank, maybe they had specifically talked about it. :P

If he started posting pics, then yesh, it would be very pissful of him. :lol:

Perhaps you should start your own tank thread instead of using yoshii's :)

:lol:

Although I wonder, why do you update me on your tank progress/whatever you're doing? Do I know you irl? :huh:

Anyways, a few days ago I picked up a super tiny (super cute) red Fromia sea star :)

Already got one

Have fun finding it :lol:

Are you a teen reefer? :P

You must be a stuck up snoody rich person, right? Don't get me wrong, I love that type, I even complain about going to WalMart because there are poor people there, but I'm not as mean as heck to people, shoving them out of the way and pushing elevator buttons if you aren't even using the elevator and you're like 50 just to be a jerk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nate!!! You're back? :D

Nothing much going on with my tanks, been kinda meh about them lately...

But, I'm picking up a female Royal Gramma and trying to decide if I should get a trio of Limbaughi Chromis or not

Archived