Innovative Marine Aquariums

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

AWESOME ANNOUNCEMENT! :)

I am officially taking PRE-ORDERS on my new line of RIMLESS tanks, they come in two options:

Squared edges ALL-Clear

or

Rounded edges Black or Blue Background

I HAVE ALL DIMENSIONS ON MY SITE WITH PRICES! JUST CLICK THE BANNER! B)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

For those that have been following our 2 gallon temperate pico, I have a cool update:

THE AGGREGATING ANEMONES HAVE SPLIT! THE TANK IS FLOURISHING! THAT IS GREAT NEWS!

I will be posting pics later of the new anemone!

JoshColdWater

Nice looking tanks! Congrats on the nem split and just wait for your corynactis to split! We just got back with a whole bunch of new animals that will be up on our site. Cold water decorator crabs!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update: ANNOUNCEMENT

We are now offering our first LED in two variations 10k and 14K... These look awesome and are an alternative to our T5 for those that want variety! ;)

Here is how they are on our 2 gallon temperate pico:

hwfq52.jpg

34i62rm.jpg

They will be on our cite shortly if you'd like to order! :)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

ANNOUNCEMENT: Update...

Micro-Reefs is proud to launch the first ever AIO temperate pico for all those lovers of the cold water world! We are excited to be offering this tank in all it's glory.

Here is a prototype of the tank! We are using 3/8' inch acrylic and the front will have CURVED ROUNDED EDGES AND A COVER TOP!

For more info please go to our website: click the banner below! ;)

2i87x5d.jpg

altolamprologus

Looking good, I only have one suggestion. There should be a piece of plastic just below the overflow teeth so that water can be directed onto filter floss. Also a removable filter floss shelf would be nice :D

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Looking good, I only have one suggestion. There should be a piece of plastic just below the overflow teeth so that water can be directed onto filter floss. Also a removable filter floss shelf would be nice :D

You got it!

Are you suggesting like the drop in removable filter floss for easy cleaning? And the simple piece of plastic like in the other photo will direct the flow onto the filter floss! We are also considering the opportunity for some small drop in skimmers. The Nomes and Berlin Airlift are nice and will fit!

fwnnyu.jpg

281zeza.jpg

jj1ut4.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero
altolamprologus
You got it!

Are you suggesting like the drop in removable filter floss for easy cleaning? And the simple piece of plastic like in the other photo will direct the flow onto the filter floss! We are also considering the opportunity for some small drop in skimmers. The Nomes and Berlin Airlift are nice and will fit!

fwnnyu.jpg

281zeza.jpg

jj1ut4.jpg

Yep that's exactly what I was talking about. A little drop in rack for filter floss and media would be great for filtration and that little piece of plastic ensures all the water gets filtered.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Heather,

That would be the Berlin airlift 60 by RedSea... It's design is simple, cost effective and on such a small volume of water would work wonders!

Here it is in action on my tank!

axoaz6.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Just in case you guys/gals haven't seen our King of the Mountain or King of the Reef photo...

2qmktgm.jpg

Islandoftiki

Hey Micro-Reefs fans,

I thought I'd share a quick video of my new Gnome Glass limewood airstone skimmer. It's very small (1 1/4" x 8") and fits in in the filter cutout next to the AC70. I only installed it two days ago, so it's still breaking in, but from what I've seen so far, it looks promising. The skimmmate comes out of the port in the top and goes down a tube into a 1 gallon jug that I have in the cabinet underneath the tank. It's powered by an air pump. In my case, a very quiet one, so the whole thing is nearly silent.

Hope this helps for anyone interested in fitting a skimmer to their un-sumped nano.

Cheers!

chippwalters
Hey Micro-Reefs fans,

I thought I'd share a quick video of my new Gnome Glass limewood airstone skimmer. It's very small (1 1/4" x 8") and fits in in the filter cutout next to the AC70. I only installed it two days ago, so it's still breaking in, but from what I've seen so far, it looks promising. The skimmmate comes out of the port in the top and goes down a tube into a 1 gallon jug that I have in the cabinet underneath the tank. It's powered by an air pump. In my case, a very quiet one, so the whole thing is nearly silent.

Hope this helps for anyone interested in fitting a skimmer to their un-sumped nano.

Cheers!

Mike, looks nice. Has it started collecting much yet? Is there a min/max water height?

Islandoftiki

It's just starting to break in. It's only producing a tiny bit of skimmate, but the tank is actually pretty clean, so it probably won't suck too much out. It's only been running for two days, so the jury is still out. I will start making fine adjustments tonight.

Their recommendation for initial settings is to have the thing sticking about 2.5" above the water surface, but it's adjustable. I just have it at a basic setting and I'm letting the airstone break in.

These things tend to make a wetter skimmate than fancier skimmers, but general consensus is that they do work fairly well for small tanks.

I'll be posting updates on my 10 gallon tank thread. Follow along if you're interested!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Hey mike i saw the AIO 4.5 gallon tanks and they look awesome. Do you have any more information on them such as lighting ( with canopy) and filtration?

We went with 12 inch in length to accommodate a lot of fixtures that will fit with the canopy. We like the clean look flush!

We will have as upgrades the Innovative LED 14K, Coralife T5 or BeamsWork Reef Bright! Those are the three lights that we will use, I will have PAR on each of them and it should be rock solid since we went with a very shallow tank 8 inches.

This system looks killer because even though it's very shallow, the 4 inch base boost the tank up so it brings it more eye level making it seem like 12 inches in height!

The 4 inch Canopy will allow the fixtures plenty of clearance. Grand total height 16 inches!

Filtration is simple drop box fashion, you can mix and match a variety of media in bags side by side or on top down fashion. Return pump is the lowest wattage on the market.

And the other compartment should accommodate a drop in skimmer perhaps the Gnome!

In the mean time while you wait, here are some new pics on our 2 gallon temperate pico!

Sculpin and Gunnel square off! :o

351a0qc.jpg

Sculpin has green eyes!

2u5uhip.jpg

Gunnel has slender body!

28ruk9.jpg

Cheese-Lover

I was just looking at your site and thinking that you should add some extra info to your items.

It would be amazing if you could add PAR values and possibly current draw.

And if you can do 110/240v versions. Because not all of the world runs 110v.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
I was just looking at your site and thinking that you should add some extra info to your items.

It would be amazing if you could add PAR values and possibly current draw.

And if you can do 110/240v versions. Because not all of the world runs 110v.

I have the Apogee MQ200 latest meter, I purchased because reefers here asked me about my PAR on our fixtures!

We will get to it and add it to all our lights, I ran numbers on many of our fixtures, please go back through my thread you will see the numbers I researched!

Just been mad crazy with the launch of our Temperate Pico! That is sucking up all my time! :o

might have to go temparate for the next tank if you can get me some lump suckers

Where is Josh and Stu when I most need them! :D Micro-Reefs paging Cold Water Marine Aquatics, customer is in the fish dept... :P

Edited by mikeguerrero
AquaticEngineer
Where is Josh and Stu when I most need them! :D Micro-Reefs paging Cold Water Marine Aquatics, customer is in the fish dept... :P

Ahhh, the ever elusive Spiny Lump Sucker, its in the works :D

As soon as I have Lumpsuckers in my hot little hands they will be up on our website I promise :D

I've been working on getting some cool stuff like these guys into the country as of recently B)

CorynactisViridis.jpg