Cultivated Reef

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

pico-reefer
I wanted to share my new Micro-Reef build. It was cool dealing with Mike again. i was very happy with my four gallon, but the shallow fever hit me. I stil have the 4 gallon, but this is now my favorite tank.

The tank is 30x8x8 1/2in thick acrylic.

I just finished setting it all up. I wil post new pics in a couple of days, once i have attached the coral and settled on a rock scape.

After looking at it, the ac70 filter kills the rimless look, so I called mike and picked up the SOS sump.

Here a few pics as soon as i got it setup today. I tore down a 10 gallon i had and moved it all in here.

efa73d4c.jpg

7051a0a5.jpg

1fb11918.jpg

As soon as the SOS sump shows up, the ac70 is gone.

I am also waiting on a custom unibody led im having made, it will be 20in long by 4in. That should be done next week also. I will take better pix as soon as its all complete.

Let us know how the acrylic holds up to the vortech, theres been a couple cases where the heat crazed the acrylic.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Let us know how the acrylic holds up to the vortech, theres been a couple cases where the heat crazed the acrylic.

Vortech has been on our 25 gallon acrylic tank since I started my thread last year, 24 hours a day with zero heat crazed! ;)

That's 100 percent sure!

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

What do you guys think about the difference in appearance of the RIMLESS tank running the AC70 and now the S.O.S system?

Before picture...

90sow7.jpg

HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW!!!

16m9646.jpg

Cheese-Lover
HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW!!!

I just want to know how I can make my clown change colour that much in such a short period of time. >.>

I just want to know how I can make my clown change colour that much in such a short period of time. >.>

2 diffrent fish. Ones a clown one is a chromis.

Not to mention the difference in the water quality!

For the most part it is the lighting, first pic was with a lot of blue and iphones dont like blue leds. Second pic was last night with blues all the way down.

But I have to admit the water is a lot clearer now with the sump than before.

Edited by Nerdman
Cheese-Lover
2 diffrent fish. Ones a clown one is a chromis.

Oh. I am talking about the clown... That looks like it's gone from being almost full B/W to half orange.

Same clown? Or not the same clown?

Oh. I am talking about the clown... That looks like it's gone from being almost full B/W to half orange.

Same clown? Or not the same clown?

Oh, like between both pictures right? In one picture only the chromis is ther i think, and the other picture only the clown is there. So each picture has only 1 fish in it. If tHat makes sense lol.

But it would be pretty cool to have a half black and orange clown.

Edit,

Ok i went bak and looked. U r right lol. I looked at the pics again and see what you mean. Same fish, haha, just the way the iphone responds to leds.

Edited by Nerdman
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

One of my customers ordered the 24 x 10 x 8, but what makes this guy unique is the black bottom, running bare bottom with a super clean look...

Reminds me of IslandofTiki's tank.... :)

2h3ppb6.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero
Islandoftiki
One of my customers ordered the 24 x 10 x 8, but what makes this guy unique is the black bottom, running bare bottom with a super clean look...

Reminds me of IslandofTiki's tank.... :)

2h3ppb6.jpg

That's going to look sharp.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Yeah,

Your design tank made a lot of waves on our site.... And they converted into black bottom.... :)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

We are 3 months away from hitting one year with our display tank! We have a secret to keeping acrylic shiny and beautiful as the day you got her.

1. Don't wait to see scum on your walls, clean before you see it!

2. Use only acrylic safe magnets

3. Keep all live rock/corals away from the walls

I love to aqua scape and build neat reefs, always have. I went with a horse shoe on this build. here are the photos of then and today!

Sept 25, 2011 (LR placement)

2ykcr5u.jpg

Sept 25, 2011 (LR gets corals)

u348m.jpg

May 11, 2012 (Keeping white sand spotless on the sides)

33epg0n.jpg

May 11, 2012 (All of four sides of acrylic are spotless)

2yzjz0j.jpg

May 11, 2012 (Close up of our blue background, spotless)

2eem06w.jpg

May 11, 2012 (Front view)

b7f4ld.jpg

May 11, 2012 (Right side view)

34pkokz.jpg

Who says acrylic can't stay clean of crazy coraline growth? ;) With dedication comes commitment, make your next choice an acrylic build!

We are coming out with a nice line of New!! AIO acrylic tanks 12, 18 and 25 gallons (Elite Shallow line)

More to come soon! :o

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I still have three IN STOCK Office Ecosystems in stock, $14.00 shipped anywhere in the Continental United States!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

With the All IN ONE right around the corner, I'm getting excited and decided to take out my wide angle underwater diving camera and snap some pics of my 2 gallon pico....

The wide angle lens barely fit through the top opening of my pico... :o

Fish eye view...

10crt5x.jpg

Up close and personal...

34dq3yd.jpg

Top view...

ww0ytv.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Man looking good B)

We are getting excited Josh, this week are AIO Temperate pico is coming out! We are making some last minute changes on dims!

I will disclose more tomorrow, after I speak in person with TruVu! ;)

Wow, those duncans are impressive! Looks great.

Chipp,

If you look at the first pic you will see the growth that we have had! These guys are resilient and I love that they look like an anemone but they stay put! :)

We are coming out with a nice line of New!! AIO acrylic tanks 12, 18 and 25 gallons (Elite Shallow line)

More to come soon! :o

Mike,

Looking forward to the new line :)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Mike,

Looking forward to the new line :)

Chris,

You are to thank, your concern to drive more options through Micro-Reefs will soon materialize. ;)

Chris,

You are to thank, your concern to drive more options through Micro-Reefs will soon materialize. ;)

Nice...Thanks Mike.

Let me know what else (if anything) you need from me :).

If these are what I think they are there is a good chance I may just have to sell my 55g and convert...

Although I will need a stand if I do that as non of these would be 4' long (which would be insane to ship I'm sure lol).

• 2 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

With a Micro-Reef aquarium the possibilities are endless and in just minutes you can be up and running with a beautiful tank for under $120 dollars complete! :o

I personally hand craft your LIVE ROCK in your tank! LIVE ROCK IS FREE! BUNDLED IN EVERY KIT!

2eg4pzd.jpg

Place your corals into sculptured live rock!

2pt2wcw.jpg

Amazing color will pop with our LED fixture!

34sfko4.jpg

Relax and enjoy your HOME ECOSYSTEM!

33yqpvt.jpg

ORDER NOW AND SHE SHIPS TOMORROW!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Very nice

Thank You!

2ef2jh2.jpgB)2ef2jh2.jpg

If it's a Micro-Reefs aquarium, then you really have a PICO in your home! :o

34njevr.jpg

UNDER $120 DOLLARS FOR THE COMPLETE KIT, YOU HAVE TO TAKE ME HOME! :)

2ef2jh2.jpgB)2ef2jh2.jpg