Cultivated Reef

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

AquaticEngineer
ill take some of those green things too. and strawberries. skeleton shrimps if you can find them and various macros

Let me know when you're ready for them :D Strawberries I have in stock, the green things(Jewel Anemones, Corynactis Viridis) should be here soon, and the skeleton shrimps I will keep an eye out for when I'm netting in the seagrass :D

Edited by AquaticEngineer
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Let me know when you're ready for them :D Strawberries I have in stock, the green things(Jewel Anemones, Corynactis Viridis) should be here soon, and the skeleton shrimps I will keep an eye out for when I'm netting in the seagrass :D

SOMEONE STOP THE PRESS, WHO ARE THEY? OH, THAT WOULD BE COLD WATER MARINE AQUATICS, JUST A SET OF BAD A## COLLECTORS OFf THE OREGON COAST! :o

If you want rare stuff, you have gone to the right guys!

My friends are amazed at what I have in my 2 gallon Temperate pico, stuff no one else has in a what I like to say, 500 mile radius! Well up until you go north of me and hit these crazy duo collectors in Oregon! :)

Edited by mikeguerrero

Im also searching for the ubiquitous supernip discount, which Im sure you have ample stock of. thanks a bunch

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW RIMLESS ROUNDED EDGES GLASS TANKS with MATCHING GLASS TOPS!

I just got in two sets of RIMLESS TANKS! These are the .9 gallon, 1.6 gallon, 3 gallon, 7 gallon and 10 gallon!

We will do our first Sponsor Sale! (ON ALL GLASS TANKS!) :o

16aqp6u.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero

Those round edge tanks are the best and nothing looks cleaner. Even the one gallon i got from you has pretty thick glass for its small size. Nice selection Mike!

Edited by ganja

I just got in two sets of RIMLESS TANKS! These are the .5 gallon, 1 gallon, 3 gallon, 5 gallon and 10 gallon!

16aqp6u.jpg

WANT

Do you have prices on these yet? :)

chippwalters

I just got in two sets of RIMLESS TANKS! These are the .5 gallon, 1 gallon, 3 gallon, 5 gallon and 10 gallon!

16aqp6u.jpg

Hey Mike...REALLY NICE! Do you know if the back can be drilled on those? If so, do you sell them drilled?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
WANT

Do you have prices on these yet? :)

Will have the prices on my site manana! Brother needs a break, it was Friday the 13th! :D

Hey Mike...REALLY NICE! Do you know if the back can be drilled on those? If so, do you sell them drilled?

Not sure! I didn't ask! :huh:

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

If you are a glass lover, if you love RIMLESS, ROUNDED EDGES AND A MATCHING GLASS TOP WITH PLASTIC HOLDERS! Then these tiny series are for you! B)

Here are the sizes:

7L x 5W x 6H (.9 gallons)

9L x 6W x 7H (1.6 gallons)

12L x 7W x 8H (3 gallons)

15.5L x 9.5W x 11H (7 gallons)

18L x 11W x 12H (10 gallons)

TANKS ARE IN STOCK AND ARE ON SALE!

ws79g2.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero

Hi Mike and Micro-Reefs LLC fans.

I had to be out of the country for two weeks and a friend of mine took care of my pico reef. Everything was fine when I got back except she forgot to clean the algae on the acrylic. I cleaned some of it when I returned but there is still some greenish stuff that I can not remove with the NanoMag. Do you have some good scrapers I can order from you? I was thinking about ordering a couple lamp bulbs replacements and some chemi-pure.

Thanks Mike

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Hi Mike and Micro-Reefs LLC fans.

I had to be out of the country for two weeks and a friend of mine took care of my pico reef. Everything was fine when I got back except she forgot to clean the algae on the acrylic. I cleaned some of it when I returned but there is still some greenish stuff that I can not remove with the NanoMag. Do you have some good scrapers I can order from you? I was thinking about ordering a couple lamp bulbs replacements and some chemi-pure.

Thanks Mike

Hi Manolo,

The best way to get rid of that algae is with a old discarded toothbrush! Take the edge of the bristles and run in back and forth against the algae and bristles, in between the sand bed. Remember not to get any grains of sand in the front of the brush.

A simple movement of back and forth, and the algae will come off and it will be back as good as new!

Anytime you need to order some new chemipure or replacement bulbs, please come and place order and I'll send it out ASAP, they are in stock!

Thanks,

MG

Man, that .9 gal. is tempting, especially the price. "starts repeating, " I don't need another tank, "I don't need another tank".

At the price and cuteness, just order it and have it next to your bed! Each time you wake up and see it, you will say, man I'm glad I got this little guy! :lol:

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Announcement: ECO Sun LED Fixture

I picked up half a dozen of these new fixtures, I AM SO FREAKING IMPRESSED! If you love the shimmer and you want a reasonable price on a solid good LED fixture this is it!

THE SHIMMERING IS WHAT BLEW ME AWAY!

PAR rating was 60 in the middle depth of 7" inch height micro-tank!

Comes with a set of bracket lifters

2z9ip0j.jpg

Firm grip on 3/8' inch rimless tank

1f1j4.jpg

Here it is fired on our 2 gallon Temperate tank!

2m7yw69.jpg

This by far is the BEST LED FIXTURE I HAVE USED ON OUR PICO'S Buck for buck no other fixture comes close!

Edited by mikeguerrero

That light looks amazing Mike. Could you compare it to the T5 fixture I got with the Pico? I am happy with the T5 lamp but I have had to replace already 2 bulbs and I was wondering if the LED lamp would be a better option as well.

This is a picture of how everything looks like right now.

post-71837-1334759690_thumb.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
That light looks amazing Mike. Could you compare it to the T5 fixture I got with the Pico? I am happy with the T5 lamp but I have had to replace already 2 bulbs and I was wondering if the LED lamp would be a better option as well.

This is a picture of how everything looks like right now.

Manolo,

Both fixtures are great:

T5 Fixture gives a more unified spread and the actinic does give a softer look.

LED Fixture gives a shimmering look and creates less heat.

I took a picture of both:

T5 photo of Temperate Pico Gunnel

20gfepv.jpg

New LED fixture on Temperate Pico Gunnel

2qu2m86.jpg

It's very hard to distinguish from the photos, but in person the LED delivers a complete shimmering effect that grabs your attention while the T5 boost a really nice softer purple hue to your corals via the Actinic bulb.

Manolo there are some replacement bulbs that your kit came with, if you need more I have them in stock on my site.

Hope this helps out!

MG

p.s your tank has blossomed!

Hey Mike, those need round edge tanks are beautiful! Are the backs tempered? Please tell me they aren't. fingerscrossed Really like the 10g and would love to get one. Also, is there any lead time for these or ready to go?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Hey Mike, those need round edge tanks are beautiful! Are the backs tempered? Please tell me they aren't. fingerscrossed Really like the 10g and would love to get one. Also, is there any lead time for these or ready to go?

Lot's of reefers are asking me if these set of tanks are Tempered or Non-Tempered! And having sent some out to customer UPS did a Brittney Spears of, "Oops I did it again!"

Shattered my 10 gallon on delivery to my customer... :angry:

b5qgs8.jpg

I packaged it according to standards, but still it arrived bad... :o

34he1kw.jpg

THE GOOD NEWS, I SENT THESE PHOTOS OVER TO MY BEST FRIEND THAT IS A GLAZER AND GUESS WHAT HE SAID!!!

THESE TANKS ARE NON-TEMPERED, YES YOU HEARD IT RIGHT! THESE TANKS ARE NON-TEMPERED!

Oh yeah, I sent immediately this morning a fresh new tank to my customer! B)

Here is the box before it went out!

24dlgk7.jpg

We never send out a package that is not insured by UPS or USPS for the full amount of what was paid! That insures quick re-delivery of damaged goods... We play SAFE! ;)

Mike

Thanks a lot for the information about the lamps. I want to order the lamps but I have been having a little problem in controlling the increased temperature with the Coralife lamp.

With the cold weather here in NY this was never a problem. But now that the temperature is raising a little bit and the heating system in the house is not on, the tank temp increases from 76 (set point in the dA system) to 78-79. In order to prevent this, I have been raising the lamp a little over the tank using a plastic topper ware that gives me some room in between the cover and the lamp. The light seems ok in the tank but I am afraid it might be reducing the light the corals get and affect them somehow.

This is why I am really considering if the LED lamp would prevent this problem with the temperature Mike.

Thanks again for your help.

M

Manolo,

Both fixtures are great:

T5 Fixture gives a more unified spread and the actinic does give a softer look.

LED Fixture gives a shimmering look and creates less heat.

I took a picture of both:

T5 photo of Temperate Pico Gunnel

20gfepv.jpg

New LED fixture on Temperate Pico Gunnel

2qu2m86.jpg

It's very hard to distinguish from the photos, but in person the LED delivers a complete shimmering effect that grabs your attention while the T5 boost a really nice softer purple hue to your corals via the Actinic bulb.

Manolo there are some replacement bulbs that your kit came with, if you need more I have them in stock on my site.

Hope this helps out!

MG

p.s your tank has blossomed!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Mike

Thanks a lot for the information about the lamps. I want to order the lamps but I have been having a little problem in controlling the increased temperature with the Coralife lamp.

With the cold weather here in NY this was never a problem. But now that the temperature is raising a little bit and the heating system in the house is not on, the tank temp increases from 76 (set point in the dA system) to 78-79. In order to prevent this, I have been raising the lamp a little over the tank using a plastic topper ware that gives me some room in between the cover and the lamp. The light seems ok in the tank but I am afraid it might be reducing the light the corals get and affect them somehow.

This is why I am really considering if the LED lamp would prevent this problem with the temperature Mike.

Thanks again for your help.

M

Manolo,

Just to let you know 78-79 degrees is fine if the clmb is gradual. You don't want the temp going sudden that is bad!

If it has risen to 79 or even 80 that is okay for your corals and critters. I start to worry when it's 84 degrees and climbing!

Can you bring your pico to an area in the house that is cooler just until this quick summer comes to an end? If not, you can reduce your lighting period as well or have it turn on in the night.

Some reefers have both lights and rotate them, winter light and summer light.

Almost like bedding, thicker vs thinner down comforters!

Our new LED fixture would work nicely on your 2 gallon and it's on our site, it will fit and I have them in stock if you want to pick one up!

Let me know!

Sincerely,

Mike Guerrero

acropora1981
Heather,

That would be the Berlin airlift 60 by RedSea... It's design is simple, cost effective and on such a small volume of water would work wonders!

Here it is in action on my tank!

axoaz6.jpg

They still make that!? My first skimmer like 15 yrs back... Great little skimmer!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

She finally made a pit-stop here at Micro-Reefs headquarters before being packaged and sent on her way to her new owner!

But like every new star that rolls through, I always walk them on the red carpet, well you get the point. ;)

She comes in at 16 lbs and has a figure that you won't believe 30 x 8 x 8... :o

28t2ds.jpg

vnc86p.jpg

4q200o.jpg