ReefCleaners.org

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

Thanks on the info pschom! Im cutting the feeding down to a small pinch only once a day now. I just emailed reefcleaners and this is what they recomended for my CUC additions...

30 Dwarf Ceriths - small effective cleaners

15 Nassarius

17 Florida Ceriths

14 Assorted Hermits

9 Large Nerite and 7 Small to medium Nerites

3 Assorted Smaller Conchs

4 Banded Trochus

LOL. Like I said. I need to do this as well. And get rid of this monstrous hermit.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral

Just placed my order for my CUC through ReefCleaners! This is what i ordered, I know that I will prob be getting more than I asked for so it should be interesting. John from ReefCleaners was very prompt and very helpfull!

15 Nassarius

17 Florida Ceriths

14 Assorted Hermits

4 Banded Trochus

Just placed my order for my CUC through ReefCleaners! This is what i ordered, I know that I will prob be getting more than I asked for so it should be interesting. John from ReefCleaners was very prompt and very helpfull!

15 Nassarius

17 Florida Ceriths

14 Assorted Hermits

4 Banded Trochus

Just multiply your order by two and that's what's going to show up..lol

I was shocked when I ordered my first CUC through John. I was like "what the hell am I going to do with all these snails..lol"

He does a great job.

saltwatercoral
Just multiply your order by two and that's what's going to show up..lol

I was shocked when I ordered my first CUC through John. I was like "what the hell am I going to do with all these snails..lol"

He does a great job.

So am I even going to be able to see in my tank with all the snails all over the glass, LOL.

saltwatercoral
Wait until just before the lights go out and you will see the army rise up from the ground and cover the entire glass. It's funny.

Do I need to worry about them coming out of the tank or once they clim the glass and hit the air do they turn around back into the water?

saltwatercoral
Hahaha I need to order from this place. How much was your order for 8,000,000,000 snails?

For all thaT is listed below + shipping it came out to be $81.65

15 Nassarius

17 Florida Ceriths

14 Assorted Hermits

4 Banded Trochus

10 small empty shells

10 large empty shells

Hahaha I need to order from this place. How much was your order for 8,000,000,000 snails?

hey pschom, what large hermit do you have?

Definitely get some conches! These guys are amazing! I have one and he is so active and interesting to watch! You will love having them in your tank! mine is very active and they are easy to find as well which is nice when your looking for your tanks inhabitants!

I took my son to the lfs one day a while back and he wanted this big ole hermit. Its black and white. Its cool but its a snail assassin.

saltwatercoral
Definitely get some conches! These guys are amazing! I have one and he is so active and interesting to watch! You will love having them in your tank! mine is very active and they are easy to find as well which is nice when your looking for your tanks inhabitants!

Thanks jackmccann! I have 3 on my order now, I hope they give me more though!!!

I took my son to the lfs one day a while back and he wanted this big ole hermit. Its black and white. Its cool but its a snail assassin.

O shnap! I would trade him in for something or even for store credit for something u want, and then get your.... 8,000,000,000 order from ReefCleaners! ;)

saltwatercoral

I just cought my clowns acting weird to eachother. One would swim away from the other and one the big one got near the small one, it seriously looks like they kiss and the smaller one does this shaking/convulsing thing to the big clown. I reaserched this clown behavior and it looks like they are doing some sort of mating thing!

So I turned the lights down low and put on some Marvin Gaye for them And left the room, lol. Just kinding people, but I did find it funny!

it looks like they are doing some sort of mating thing!

So I turned the lights down low and put on some Marvin Gaye for them And left the room, lol. Just kinding people, but I did find it funny!

:naughtydance:

Isn't that funny? Mine do this too. I think they are just establishing their pecking order in a new environment. I need a nem for them. Just started growing coraline in the new tank so IMO im almost ready for a BTA. Hopefully this will work better than last...

Thats awesome mate! for sure when you get those conches you'll have to post some pictures for me! do you know what breeds they are?

saltwatercoral
Thats awesome mate! for sure when you get those conches you'll have to post some pictures for me! do you know what breeds they are?

Not to sure what type they are. It just said "asorted", so I have no clue... But either way I hope they are cool little guys!

Aha for sure mate! xD i have strawberries, But they climb the glass so I'm pretty sure they are not strawberry.....

yeah, the clown is shaking like that basically stating that he gives in and she wins. I noticed with mine though that they were both doing it on occasion meaning sometimes one would be more dominant than the other. Ultimately though, One rules the other in the end obviously

Do I need to worry about them coming out of the tank or once they clim the glass and hit the air do they turn around back into the water?

Depends on the snail. I've found nerites on the outside part of the tank before, but usually they stay in the water or just above the water line.

saltwatercoral
Aha for sure mate! xD i have strawberries, But they climb the glass so I'm pretty sure they are not strawberry.....

yeah, the clown is shaking like that basically stating that he gives in and she wins. I noticed with mine though that they were both doing it on occasion meaning sometimes one would be more dominant than the other. Ultimately though, One rules the other in the end obviously

Aha! Thanks Jackmccann! I was lucky enough to see this happen. I hear that some people never even see this happen.

Depends on the snail. I've found nerites on the outside part of the tank before, but usually they stay in the water or just above the water line.

Thanks Hoosierfan! It looks like if a snail gets out then that's it own fault, lol.

saltwatercoral

On a sad note I thought that 2 days ago that my $20 large hermit had flipped over and was not able to get back up. I was doing an extensive search of my tank and I found his body in-between 2 rocks. I pulled his shelf out to make sure he was not In there and he was not and it didn't even smell at all. It looks like the 2 large hermits might of duked it out and one lost. Well that's the natural chain I guess. That's the first loss of my tank :huh: I'm Just glad it was not because of something I did...

thats too bad! I love Inverts! they are my absolute favorite things in my tank by far! get them small and watch them grow! good luck with your tank mate!

keep an eye on the clowns! You'll get to see them beat up on each other and do the seizure dance! its quite cool to see! it happens often for me so just look out for it!

saltwatercoral

I got my CUC today from ReefCleaners today! I floated everything for 45min (they said 30min) and the put everyone in there new home! My wife now calls it the "Bug Tank", lol. I def have to give it to ReefCleaners, they def give you more than what you payed for! I didn't even bother counting the smaller ones but I have already seen my other hermits jump into new shells that I purchased empty as well! That was def awesome! I saw a bunch of diff ones dive right into the sand and heard that they come out after dark. I'm staying up late to see the action for the first time!

Sick sick! hermits are awesome and the conches are wicked too! get some pictures of all your new little friends!

Are you sure it wasn't just a molt from the hermit? I know u checked the shell, but they can hide in there pretty good. I wonder what would make it die? Do hermits fight?

Are you sure it wasn't just a molt from the hermit? I know u checked the shell, but they can hide in there pretty good. I wonder what would make it die? Do hermits fight?

If you have too many hermits ill trade you some for a frag or 2 of a Miami Orchid staghorn acro...lol just saying

Archived