Coral Vue Hydros

$ Pit

saltwatercoral

saltwatercoral

As promised! Here she (MP40wEs) is up and running! I have no clue what setting to put it at now so I just have it on conctant and just about 1/2 its max and that seems like a good speed I guess? If you have any suggestions please let me know! I am planning on getting another MP40 possably this weekend if they have one in stock.

I thought this was funny when I saw it this weekend. This is one of our 3 cats checking out the "moving object"

Ispywithmylittleeye.jpg

ReefKeeper Elite w/Net,AI Controller and MP40wEs

ReefKeeperElitewithNetAIControllerandMP40wEs.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral
That's such an awesome tank.... makes me want to go out and buy one. Your title helps me resist that urge though :P

Thanks Veng! I do love this tank and I cant wait till I get this thing full! I want to make this a Acro Forest tank full of different colors, blue, pink, purple, yellow, red... And yes "$ PIT" is def living up to the name! I have put thousands into this so far!

Wow looks sick,

whats your complete stocking list right now?

Aha, that is what I was forgeting. I will put the current list here and on the first page as well here shortly as well a pic of the current FTS.

Hmm, I am in Bel Air md. What color is the staghorn acro and how big?

A picture of the colony is in my thread. But it's green and all the new growth tips are ultra purple.

What I'm willing to trade obviously are some frags not the colony, but the frags range from 2" to 5-6"

saltwatercoral

Here is a current list of everything I have now... The only thing I dont have listed yet is my Hanna Checkers I want to get...

Hardware list:

120g Perfecto tank, 48x24x24 (120g) (corner overflow)

Monterey Stand

Monterey canopy

3 AI Black SOL Blue units with 1 AI controller

Eshopps DLX pro 200 sump

Reef Octopus OCTX-200XS

1 Koralia 1400 gph Wave Pump (soon to be replaced with another MP40wEs)

1 MP40wEs

950 GPH water Pump (1 spare)

Reefkeeper elite system w/net plus 2 extra PC4 power strips

MaxPure MPDI RO-DI 90GPD

TDS Water Monitor

2 Marineland 200W Heaters

1 extra Hydro 150w heater for mixing salt

1 32g Brute trash can on wheels (mixing salt)

Reef Fusion 1&2 Calcium, Alk Dose

PhosBan Reactor with adjustable Mini-Jet 606 pump

Refractometer

CUC:

30 Dwarf Ceriths - small effective cleaners

15 Nassarius

20 Florida Ceriths

16 Assorted Hermits

1 large blue and black leg hermit

9 Large Nerite and 7 Small to medium Nerites

3 Assorted Smaller Conchs

4 Banded Trochus

1 sand sifting star

Fish:

Mated pair of s'more clowns

1 Small Yellow Tang

Corals:

1 Ponape Birds nest coral frag

1 Green Birds Nest coral frag

1 Setosa (Jason Fox) frag

A picture of the colony is in my thread. But it's green and all the new growth tips are ultra purple.

What I'm willing to trade obviously are some frags not the colony, but the frags range from 2" to 5-6"

Instead of trading how much would you be willing to sell a good 5-6" frag for? PM me... I may want a few frags!!! It does look nice!

saltwatercoral

:angry: :angry: :angry::angry: I came home today to find my brand new not even 1 day old MP40wEs is not working!!! It blinking from green to red, green to red. I have been looking up on forums on why and how to fix this and it looks like a motor problem... Really already? I'm Pissed and am Already regretting buying this $500 rock. I called and Vortech is closed so

I left a vm. I put the other Koralia pump Back in. The Mp40 was on the new corals so were not getting any flow today... Aaaaaaaaaaa! I spend $50 and it works just fine for the korali (whatever) pump and I then spend $500 and it breaks within the first day! Are u kidding me.

redwhiteandblue

that does suck! it does make me feel better about my "crappy " korallias though. lol, id still rather have the mp40s even if they break...good luck on a replacement

I don't know why they can't recall these things. IMO they had a bad batch made with faulty motors. Everyone is having issues. I did as well. I was mad, until I got another one in three days and it's awesome. So I guess I can't complain too much. Companies have to make decisions so maybe theirs was to keep the current stock and replace immediately in order to not have to halt/slow down production. Idk, but don't worry. When they send you one that works it will be sick!

saltwatercoral

Wow I knew people were having problems but wow! I didn't realize that many problems! I am more upset that the corals took a hit. They look fine, I just hope they are ok! I am def wating on a return call from them tomorrow!

saltwatercoral

I tried last Night plugging the mp40 controller back in and to my surprise it worked! I thought it might go out again so I left my other 2 pumps in. I checked this morning and sure enoug the controller was blinkning green to red, green to red... Thought that might happen again...

On a side note I put my bag of ChemiPure Elite in the sump and it did cloud up the water alittle but the water looks very clear this morning!

When you added the chemipure did you rinse it out first? If you rinse it out with old tank water you won't get that cloudy effect, even at first.

saltwatercoral
When you added the chemipure did you rinse it out first? If you rinse it out with old tank water you won't get that cloudy effect, even at first.

I prob should have but didn't. It didn't cloud that much but it's def crystal clear now!

saltwatercoral

I placed a call into get my Vortech replaced and the customer service was great! A brand new one will be here by Friday! The gentleman did say They did have a bad batch of them And they will test the bad ones out to see what whent wrong.

On an even better note I am getting some nice frags from Criley7 and pschom this week! Thanks guys!

I placed a call into get my Vortech replaced and the customer service was great! A brand new one will be here by Friday! The gentleman did say They did have a bad batch of them And they will test the bad ones out to see what whent wrong.

On an even better note I am getting some nice frags from Criley7 and pschom this week! Thanks guys!

Sweet, glad to hear there customer service lives up to what people say.

saltwatercoral

I do have to say that you kinda expect a $500 Vortech to work for atleast a full day before kicking the bucket...

Any way, just finished a 20g water change with the new salt mix! The new salt I'm

Now

Using is the "Tropical Marine Pro Reef" salt. There I'd no messy residue and no clouding problems. I will keep an eye on everything but All seems ok so fare!

Any way, just finished a 20g water change with the new salt mix! The new salt I'm

Now

Using is the "Tropical Marine Pro Reef" salt. There I'd no messy residue and no clouding problems. I will keep an eye on everything but All seems ok so fare!

Nice!

saltwatercoral

I am thinking about going all out and getting the following Hanna Checkers!

Alkalinity 

Calcium

Iodine

Nitrite

PH

Phosphate Low

Phosphate High

Phosphorus Low

Phosphorus High

Silica High

Any other ranges I may need to test for, for A reef Setup?

Sweet, glad to hear there customer service lives up to what people say.

Oh yeah, my customer service is the best! Oh wait, you were referring to ecotech. ;)

That's no frag... I did grow it from a frag like 1/2" across. Now it's like 4+". I love it cause it will grow so fast and stick to any rock it touches. All you have to do is break it off of the rock and now you have more. It's growing in like three places now...

saltwatercoral
Oh yeah, my customer service is the best! Oh wait, you were referring to ecotech. ;)

That's no frag... I did grow it from a frag like 1/2" across. Now it's like 4+". I love it cause it will grow so fast and stick to any rock it touches. All you have to do is break it off of the rock and now you have more. It's growing in like three places now...

That is true yours and and Criley7 coral is like a colony. You both have grown them And I hope I can take them Over and due the same and keep them Going!

SouthFlorida_Tron
I am thinking about going all out and getting the following Hanna Checkers!

Alkalinity 

Calcium

Iodine

Nitrite

PH

Phosphate Low

Phosphate High

Phosphorus Low

Phosphorus High

Silica High

Any other ranges I may need to test for, for A reef Setup?

wanna buy me some too? damn thats like $50 a piece isnt it? lol

That is true yours and and Criley7 coral is like a colony. You both have grown them And I hope I can take them Over and due the same and keep them Going!

Yea you will be fine.

Archived