Pod Your Reef

Mr. M's Microscopy of the Reef, FlowerMama's Dinos! #303

Mr. Microscope

Actually, I've looked at lots of proteins under the electron microscope. Honestly, most of them aren't all that interesting. It's the part of my job that I call, "blobology." They're just little blobs. I think they would be much more fascinating from a biochemical standpoint.

BTW, I don't have a skimmer yet. If someone wants to get me one, I'd be happy to see what it spits out! :):D

I agree. What about coralline algae under the electron?

If I had the extra $$ I would buy you a skimmer for simply sharing these amazing shots with us.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope
I agree. What about coralline algae under the electron?

If I had the extra $$ I would buy you a skimmer for simply sharing these amazing shots with us.

Ooh! Great idea! I could easily scrape some of that out of my tank. Thanks!

The sentiment is appreciated! ;)

jedimasterben
Actually, I've looked at lots of proteins under the electron microscope. Honestly, most of them aren't all that interesting. It's the part of my job that I call, "blobology." They're just little blobs. I think they would be much more fascinating from a biochemical standpoint.

BTW, I don't have a skimmer yet. If someone wants to get me one, I'd be happy to see what it spits out! :):D

Thanks jedimasterben! What's in your tank? I looked at your tank threads, but didn't see any livestock yet.

I've actually got a 55g tank going right now, the two tanks I've got in works will come from that tank. As far as dead stuff, I've got a few pieces of montipora digitata, birdsnest, acropora, and now a dead long tentacle plate coral (RIP). I can ship you any pieces of those that you want (only a small piece of the plate, though, I'm hopeful that it's gonna crap out a baby since it took a nosedive).

I can also ship you a heaping cupful of skimmate if you want! I dose sugar, so it's extra nasty! :lol:

jedimasterben

I also have a chalice frag that bleached the heck out, so I can send you that, as well. PM me your address so I can get them over to you. :)

Mr Microscope I just bought a new Skimmer for my new build when the system is up and running I can send you my aquac remora nano if you haven't gotten one yet and want it.

Mr. Microscope
Mr Microscope I just bought a new Skimmer for my new build when the system is up and running I can send you my aquac remora nano if you haven't gotten one yet and want it.

That would be awesome! You've got PM!

altolamprologus
Stunning images too say the least! Thanks for taking to make these available to all of us.

+1 You're a pretty awesome dude for taking the time to share this with us :)

Mr. Microscope

Thank you everyone for your kinds words! I'm looking forward to sharing more images with my friends here on N-R.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Mr. Microscope
moar-cat.jpg

128924238087888866.jpg

moar-baby.jpg

I%20demand%20MOAR%20_31f0769e9ff9fe500a7159b8e90394e3.jpeg

birds-moar.jpg

Lolz!

Hey there! Sorry, work has been so busy lately. I haven't had any spare time to image anything reef related. Perhaps I'll just take in some sand and see what's in there if I have a chance. The most mundane things seem to have the coolest things in them on the microscopic level.

Sooooo I kinda wanna change my major after looking through all of these epic photos.. Truely amazing stuff you have here.

Thanks SDartifex!

I have to admit, I go into work almost every day excited about what I'm doing. Right now, I'm stuck at home cause the whole family is sick. Never thought I'd see the day where I missing my job during a sick day.

I think Einstein said something about miracles abounding in the smallest of corners.

Geez. I hope the Family is better by Santa time! :)

Mr. Microscope
I think Einstein said something about miracles abounding in the smallest of corners.

Geez. I hope the Family is better by Santa time! :)

Thanks Spiro!

Yeah, they probably will be, but then it'll hit me. :lol: I do feel something in the back of my throat. D'oh! Oh well; those are the joys of being a new dad, I guess.

Polarcollision

Jealous of you SEM access. The first time I looked through a regular light scope, I was hooked. The world we can't see is amazing beyond words. Following along so I don't miss any more pics!

• 3 months later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

ok that pod one i saw few pages back actually gave me the creeps, no more sticking my hands in the tank!!!! LOL.... :ninja:

Mr. Microscope

ok that pod one i saw few pages back actually gave me the creeps, no more sticking my hands in the tank!!!! LOL.... :ninja:

Haha! Thanks Tron. Wait till you see the micro britlestar I'm planning to post in a few days. Crazy stuff!
jedimasterben

Haha! Thanks Tron. Wait till you see the micro britlestar I'm planning to post in a few days. Crazy stuff!

I CAN'T LIKE THIS POST MORE THAN ONCE AND I'M FREAKING OUT

Archived