SaltCritters.com

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

All of my zoas grow like mad then die. Like 95 percent of all zoas I get. Die. Stupid zoas :angry:

This is why I try to stick strictly with palys. I never have problems with them (knocks on wood).

Sorry about your zoas, Randi!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your macro's in the mail :) they ship out at like 2:30 so I waited a bit to minimize time spent in the bag. Hope it turns out out. You got a lot more than I thought I had to spare too :eek:

More of the Zoas are opening today, a few still look like they are trying to decide to melt away or not.... -_-

OH! LFS has the yasha's in, I am probably going to get just one as we are broke due to the cut in my hours and I don't want to lose 80$ in fish if they both disappear on me. SO I will let you know I am headed up there in about 5 minutes. omgomgomg

Joel your awesome thanks a bunch I will let you know as soon as I get them. :happydance:

They Yasha is on Hold. I paid for her today (I say her as it didn't have the spot on the lower fin) and I am having them hold her until Sunday. They just got the shipment yesterday and the fish was already out and about, but I wanted to give if a few more days before I force a new tank on the tiny thing.

This fish is literally 1" long, TINY. He had them paired with the shrimp, I may pay for the shrimp on Sunday but I wanted to wait for now as I need to think about it. Also if he has the other one still on Sunday I might buy that Yasha too, just have no idea if it's male/female as we couldn't find it......

But I do have new Carbon and water for the WC I plan on doing. IDK I want to do it today but that would throw my week long test......

I will just do it tomorrow.

That stand is going to look awesome Randi. I can't wait to see the finished product! :D

Thanks! It's a work in progress but hey we have 1/4 done! LMAO

Hope your trip was nice!

Thanks! It's a work in progress but hey we have 1/4 done! LMAO

Hope your trip was nice!

You're making more progress than I am at the moment. I'm not doing anything until that custom overflow box comes in.

Thanks! The trip was great! Lots of fun and relaxing too.

Yeah but once you have the Overflow box then your set and can just git 'er done!

We may do top frame this weekend, but I need to get my Yasha as well Sunday at some point.....

So essited she it TEENY

Joel your awesome thanks a bunch I will let you know as soon as I get them. :happydance:

I hope they make it there okay :) I did my best to pack it well and it's in the 50's here so it won't freeze and I'm sure it's warmer there so it should arrive well.

I hope they make it there okay :) I did my best to pack it well and it's in the 50's here so it won't freeze and I'm sure it's warmer there so it should arrive well.

No worries! Stays around 70 right now, going up today.

The zoas that gave you stress died? Geesh, sorry. What a pain.

No they are alive, some look like they are melting but more are opening today.

SO quick update before WC time. The zoas look better! I would say 90% are open and looking good, small still but not like their going to melt away. I love Revive!

So for my week long test Alk stayed at 2.96 the entire time, KH is 8.3 all week, Calc started at 450, and dropped by 10 every 2 days. So day 1 and 2 450, day 3 and 4 440, day 5 430.

Mag is my only lower one, it started at 1300, day 2 was at 1290, day 3 1290, day 4 1260, day 5 1260......

I never go 7 days between WC I do them every 5-6 days so that was my last test.

Sigh now to do some homework to raise the Mag a bit.

Well WC time be back in a few I have to do the full overhaul today, cleaning pumps, Canister filter changing Carbon and GFO, etc. Big cleaning day for the tank, prepping for my fishie on Sunday and being able to show the tank off to my TS that will be watching it in a month! So much this week, the macro Joel sent me should be here soon as well!

So much to do! So little time! omgomgomg

Oh and I got a second Interview on Friday, and then they want to have me come in for a Working interview (typical in this field), very good, usually they won't schedule with you right away, she had me scheduled for the second one before I even walked out the door.

Fingers crossed guys it's VCA so they are BIG I mean Nation wide, and would be a huge stepping stone from the private vets I have worked for. Would mean I could move anywhere as long as there was a position available.

surgicalsense

Good luck! I am sure you grabbed it, I used to take my Rat terrier Max to VCA. Their great, but super expensive. Wowza ... :huh:

I am glad your zoa are responding better then before. I bought my first bottle of Revive last week and used it on my new corals. The smell reminds me of some cleaning product, hmmm, Pinesol :lol: or Mr. Clean.

Good luck! I am sure you grabbed it, I used to take my Rat terrier Max to VCA. Their great, but super expensive. Wowza ... :huh:

I am glad your zoa are responding better then before. I bought my first bottle of Revive last week and used it on my new corals. The smell reminds me of some cleaning product, hmmm, Pinesol :lol: or Mr. Clean.

Yeah their a corporation, but they offer benefits, raises and PTO and Sick time. Which this current PITA job doesnt offer any of that.

Yeah it smelled like the original Pinesol! Smelled good but I have no idea how it doesn't kill the frags!

I'm so happy for you Randi (new job). Sounds like you are going to get it. You can then move to the desert :)

I am hoping! Fingers crossed, because then all we need to do is find A a job too. LMAO

Great new about everything :) I hope the macro gets there tomorrow :happydance:

I am so essited! No signature required right? I work 10-6 tomorrow so I won't be hone when our lazy mail courier gets here (they never come before 4)

Hey, congrats on the job, yasha, and zoas! Weren't you gonna get two yasha'a?

Thanks!

I was but I could only see what the one looked like, the other was in hiding totally MIA in the little BioCube they set up specially for them to stay in with the seahorses. He even pulled a YWG out of there so they could be the only guys in there and just relax with their shrimp and the seahorses. Looks so peaceful.

Anyways, I wasn't paying for a goby I couldn't see, the one I did pay for was a female, so IDK we will see Sunday when I go to get her if the other is out and if it is a Male I may buy him and one pistol shrimp. Depends on if I can find him and if they still have him.

I like seeing my name on a tank saying 1 Yasha Hold for Randi, PAID makes me feel important!

OH on a side note, when I was feeding the LPS yesterday I fed the Mandarin again, he chased down and ate 4-5 myisis shrimps. He was so fat afterward, it was so cute!

NIce - my mandarin is still being a sucka

That's because he is probably wild caught and is like I eat what I can when I can!

May try feeding him in a glass jar tomorrow..... I have one but it is big, does that matter?

Good luck on the field interview.

Glad the zoas opened up, did you try deckoz selecon method too?

Thanks and no, I don't remember seeing that method....

I did dip in Coral RX and Revive and they are pretty much back to normal now except for 3 of them I think may melt away. The others look happy again.

Got the macro Joel sent me today..

Here are some pics! :happy:

407851_10150534631549029_659639028_8902268_1690293318_n.jpg

Double bagged!

406685_10150534615189029_659639028_8902225_46936005_n.jpg

It lives behind the Smurf house now, filled in that dead space so nice!

I am waiting on the rest to upload so for now here are some pics. The water clouded a bit when I started burying it in the sand but man it looks cool!

Looks great! Your xenia looks really healthy too!

Thanks!

I am just watching it so it doesn't go where I don't want it. Then I may trade it in for water, etc at the LFS.

And as promised pics of the packaging!

396178_10150534662144029_659639028_8902364_2043934351_n.jpg

:lol:

405282_10150534663189029_659639028_8902365_610387881_n.jpg

396276_10150534664009029_659639028_8902367_1281222921_n.jpg

397826_10150534664844029_659639028_8902368_1909399004_n.jpg

Yes that is my name!

394948_10150534665769029_659639028_8902370_1823776791_n.jpg

I really like how it fills that back corner. Not many dead leaves on it, I think I only pulled 2 off.....

Thanks Joel it really is a nice macro. Reminds me of FW plants and I did miss them a bit. :happy:

Archived