Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dirty Joe's 28 Gallons of Magic

Joe Dirt

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the confusion Mr. Hale. The rasta hasn't opened up yet. That is the paradise zoa. Both of they look awesome under the blues, but the rasta is stunning.

rbaby has really nice stuff. But I got it from my usual guy. I'm starting to get quite the zoa collection now. I think I may frag a couple pieces here soon.

Man, I can call that Valida from anywhere, top right, blue tips, just like mine :)

You called it. It has 2 heads popping out from the base where it encrusted over the rock. I have a feeling it's going to grow like crazy as soon as I get my chemistry stable for a while.

rbaby has really nice stuff. But I got it from my usual guy. I'm starting to get quite the zoa collection now. I think I may frag a couple pieces here soon.

Do you have mostly zoas or palys too? I'd be interested in frags of palys :)

I do. I am probably going to frag the Sunny D's, Candy Apple Reds, Candy Apple Pinks, Armor of God, and King Midas soon. The candies need to color up a little bit more. Maybe two weeks or so. I also have a frag of the ponape and the ORA birdsnest that will be ready soon. They are still a little small though.

I do. I am probably going to frag the Sunny D's, Candy Apple Reds, Candy Apple Pinks, Armor of God, and King Midas soon. The candies need to color up a little bit more. Maybe two weeks or so. I also have a frag of the ponape and the ORA birdsnest that will be ready soon. They are still a little small though.

Maybe I can buy some from you if we meet at Vivid in a few weeks???? We can do the deal in the parking lot without them seeing :lol:

LOL. Still trying to see if I'm available for the meet up.

BTW, :ninja:

I can't stop sometimes.

Go, ninja. Go, ninja. :lol:

The plans aren't finalized yet.

This is a no name Tricolor Acro I got from Vivid today. It's way more beautiful that the camera can show. The polyps are neon green-ish yellow. This piece is awesome. It was in the back and not out yet. What a score for the price. They no longer have this colony anymore. They completely fragged it out. I've seen this coloration before somewhere. If anyone has a link for a similar please let me know.

45178815.jpg

I got this little guy to make my wifey happy. He's pretty cool.

c85116b0.jpg

Awesome! Cute little star too!

Did you notice how the big tank has grown A LOT since we were there last? Danielle and I went after we were all there together and I couldn't believe the difference in growth already. I can't imagine what it looks like now!

They've added a lot. They have this turquoise colored stag that is amazing. I guess everyone wants a frag of it. They also have a mother colony of pearlberry. So many SPS, so little money.

Thanks. I really love my SPS now. I'm contemplating selling my acans to make some room for some more. It's a sickness. Soon enough, I'll have nothing but SPS, Zoas, and chalice. LOL. As fer the star, that be a Red Sea Star (Fromia milleporella) or as we like to call him, Patrick Star.

Thanks. I really love my SPS now. I'm contemplating selling my acans to make some room for some more. It's a sickness. Soon enough, I'll have nothing but SPS, Zoas, and chalice. LOL. As fer the star, that be a Red Sea Star (Fromia milleporella) or as we like to call him, Patrick Star.

I love my acans too much to get rid of them, but an all SPS, chalice and zoa tank would look sweet. Let me know how caring for that star goes. I'd love to get one, but I've heard mixed things about how easy they are to keep alive.

My tank is 8 months old and has plenty of bacteria and crud on the live rock for the little guy. I dose trace elements and I just started dosing phyto and zoo plankton now. I'll update tomorrow on the stuff I chose and why. I think he will be ok. I wouldn't have tried it a few months ago, but now I feel better about it.

Gonna catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My tank is 8 months old and has plenty of bacteria and crud on the live rock for the little guy. I dose trace elements and I just started dosing phyto and zoo plankton now. I'll update tomorrow on the stuff I chose and why. I think he will be ok. I wouldn't have tried it a few months ago, but now I feel better about it.

I'm sure he'll do great in your tank! I just want to know what all you do to keep him healthy so that when my tank is older, maybe I can manage to keep one alive. I'd love to have a starfish :)

After consulting with a couple people, I ran out/ditched the Marine Snow. I wanted to start dosing zoo and phyto plankton. I also wanted, as does Joel, to cover a broad spectrum of µm sizes. I was going to go with the Seachem stuff because only 2 bottle gave me a range of 1 -20 µm and 12.5 - 500 µm. Well, when I got to Vivid yesterday they didn't have it. Poopstick. But Vivid does carry Brightwell stuff which is really good stuff. So I went with the PhytoChrom (1 - 30 µm), Zooplanktos-S (50 - 300 µm), and Zooplanktos-M (500 - 1 Kµm). I believe this gives me a pretty broad spectrum of µm sizes for all my corals. I figured if I have something that specifically needs the 30 - 40 µm and 300 - 500 µm range then they are just going to have to deal with just light. LOL. I am going to dose twice a week and I have a call into Brightwell Aquatics to ask about their recommendation for dosing given my tank size and requirements. We. Shall. See.

Archived